2023 LSU Offseason Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 LSU Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Morrow and Reese would form arguably the best rebounding frontline in the country outside of (maybe) SC, plus Flau'jae is a fantastic rebounder at 5-10. There aren't any squads like the 2022-23 SC/Stanford teams going into next year where they're head and shoulders taller than anyone else.
I personally think Morrow would compliment Reese well as she can hit the mid range jumper (Reese has to develop that aspect of her game) and for her size she rebounds exceptionally well. Anyone remember Ayanna Mitchell for LSU a few years ago? Despite being undersized she was a rebounding machine based on her ability to box out, get good position and just being a work horse.

It all comes to what Morrows goals internally are. Is she content taking much less shots and is committed to helping the team win a ring? Then I believe she could fit in very well at LSU/SC. If she wants to get more shots up and still be that overall leader, despite the addition of Juju, USC would be the better place for her. But this is just basketball related, she made it clear there were a variety of non basketball related things she was looking for in her new school, that may end up being a bigger factor than most actually think.

For the record, Morrow could still put up big stats at LSU, as well as Hailey Van Lith and Reese. LSU was basically led by the big 3 core last year of Morris, Reese and Flaujae. Ladazhia had quite a few games where she had massive numbers but its not going to be an every week thing. As evidence by SC this season, you don't need monster stats to be recognized or earn awards. That was a team 1-5 all very strong and complimented each other well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I personally think Morrow would compliment Reese well as she can hit the mid range jumper (Reese has to develop that aspect of her game) and for her size she rebounds exceptionally well. Anyone remember Ayanna Mitchell for LSU a few years ago? Despite being undersized she was a rebounding machine based on her ability to box out, get good position and just being a work horse.

It all comes to what Morrows goals internally are. Is she content taking much less shots and is committed to helping the team win a ring? Then I believe she could fit in very well at LSU/SC. If she wants to get more shots up and still be that overall leader, despite the addition of Juju, USC would be the better place for her. But this is just basketball related, she made it clear there were a variety of non basketball related things she was looking for in her new school, that may end up being a bigger factor than most actually think.

For the record, Morrow could still put up big stats at LSU, as well as Hailey Van Lith and Reese. LSU was basically led by the big 3 core last year of Morris, Reese and Flaujae. Ladazhia had quite a few games where she had massive numbers but its not going to be an every week thing. As evidence by SC this season, you don't need monster stats to be recognized or earn awards. That was a team 1-5 all very strong and complimented each other well.
If Morrow really wants to play at the next level, she needs to show she can play well if other good players.

Reaction Score
Morrow and Reese would form arguably the best rebounding frontline in the country outside of (maybe) SC, plus Flau'jae is a fantastic rebounder at 5-10. There aren't any squads like the 2022-23 SC/Stanford teams going into next year where they're head and shoulders taller than anyone else.
The 2023 Stanford team wasn’t head and shoulders above anyone. They were overhyped and overrated because people underrated the loss of their key backcourt players and overrated the value of returning players and freshman. South Carolina also wasn’t head and shoulder above most of the top 10 teams considering how many close games they had but I do think they were clearly the best team in the country the whole season. The cape was just much smaller than it was billed.
Both teams just happened to have the media hyping them up all year so this narrative persisted.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
The 2023 Stanford team wasn’t head and shoulders above anyone. They were overhyped and overrated because people underrated the loss of their key backcourt players and overrated the value of returning players and freshman. South Carolina also wasn’t head and shoulder above most of the top 10 teams considering how many close games they had but I do think they were clearly the best team in the country the whole season. The cape was just much smaller than it was billed.
Both teams just happened to have the media hyping them up all year so this narrative persisted.
Please re-read. I said head and shoulders taller, not better.

Reaction Score

Incredibly excited about Velez and Williams. Janae Kent as well, despite not having the hype, 3 level scorer a 6'1 is physically has all the tools.

Rosario desperately needs a offseason in the weight room and time with Starkey/Kim on fundamentals.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Williams looks like another Cappie Pondexter/Jewell Loyd type of player. Really pretty shot and ability to create off the dribble. Should help address concerns about perimeter shooting with Morris/Carson gone and will be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Angel Reese really is capitalizing on her new fame. The branding and exposure she is getting right now is top-notch. The girl is striking while the iron is hot; you can't help but respect the hustle. Recently, she hit 2 million Instagram followers (most followed WBB player) and now has appeared in a Latto and Cardi B music video. All this while LSU also gets a shout-out in the rap. You just know Coach G gonna capitalize on that when recruiting. lol

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Angel Reese really is capitalizing on her new fame. The branding and exposure she is getting right now is top-notch. The girl is striking while the iron is hot; you can't help but respect the hustle. Recently, she hit 2 million Instagram followers (most followed WBB player) and now has appeared in a Latto and Cardi B music video. All this while LSU also gets a shout-out in the rap. You just know Coach G gonna capitalize on that when recruiting. lol

If more than four people on this forum know who Big Latto is, I'll eat a vegan burger and some vegan fries.

Edit. That song was trash, and if you were born before 1988, you might not want to check out the video. :confused:

Reaction Score
If more than four people on this forum know who Big Latto is, I'll eat a vegan burger and some vegan fries.

Edit. That song was trash, and if you were born before 1988, you might not want to check out the video. :confused:
Stephen Curry Bae GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score

Yeah, it's trash but LSU fans also have chants that talk about sucking tiger d***. It's on brand lol. I'm not hating either because all this does is create more media attention and fan interest for the team and sport.

Reaction Score

Lol I like the original version of the song and I think Latto is a good up and coming rapper. It’s Cardi B that I don’t like. She’s not the most literate of people and I don’t think her rapping skills are the best. Would be more excited to hear Nicki Minaj, Meg the Stallion or Ice Spice.

Reaction Score
Lol I like the original version of the song and I think Latto is a good up and coming rapper. It’s Cardi B that I don’t like. She’s not the most literate of people and I don’t think her rapping skills are the best. Would be more excited to hear Nicki Minaj, Meg the Stallion or Ice Spice.
@SCspur, I respect your opinion here. But to call out someone for her lack of literacy, is well….. your opinion also. However, have you recently stopped and listened to many well educated and informed “leaders” speak? Have you listened to some of our favorite WCBB coaches and players who’ve graduated from college?

PS: I’m not a fan of the music genre stated here, mainly because I can’t understand the lyrics.

Reaction Score
Don't care for her music at all but pretty cool to see connections with current athletes on the team with a lot of these well known celebrities. Obviously even more exposure and publicity for the program which is always a nice thing.

wild how much has changed in just a little over 2 years in Baton Rouge.

Its been amazing for this community/state especially.

Reaction Score
Don't care for her music at all but pretty cool to see connections with current athletes on the team with a lot of these well known celebrities. Obviously even more exposure and publicity for the program which is always a nice thing.

wild how much has changed in just a little over 2 years in Baton Rouge.

Its been amazing for this community/state especially.
Yes I love the fact that Angel and Flau’jae are bringing in fans from different avenues that wouldn’t even bat an eye at WBB. I think it’s going to help grow the game exponentially. I think this is just the beginning actually and we’ll eventually see the women respected more like the men.

Reaction Score
@SCspur, I respect your opinion here. But to call out someone for her lack of literacy, is well….. your opinion also. However, have you recently stopped and listened to many well educated and informed “leaders” speak? Have you listened to some of our favorite WCBB coaches and players who’ve graduated from college?

PS: I’m not a fan of the music genre stated here, mainly because I can’t understand the lyrics.

I don’t think it’s wrong at all if that said person also acknowledges their lack of literacy. If you couldn’t tell before I’m Black and I’m very informed about the Rap community. Cardi B is a Dominican woman from the Bronx and has stated on several occasions she knows she doesn’t speak in a way that comes off as educated because she didn’t finish school and didn’t have to speak that way in her community. I’m not saying she’s dumb but sometimes she’s very hard to understand even as a Black person who understands and uses AAVE.

And your last point is exactly what I was speaking on. She’s very hard to understand at times.

Reaction Score
Yes I love the fact that Angel and Flau’jae are bringing in fans from different avenues that wouldn’t even bat an eye at WBB. I think it’s going to help grow the game exponentially. I think this is just the beginning actually and we’ll eventually see the women respected more like the men.
The women's game is definitely growing much more and I think you saw it in the numbers in the NCAAT this year, especially the final four. I also think you are seeing a bit more parity in todays game which also helps a little. I know you still have your core group of teams that will consistently be in the sweet 16/elite 8 but you are seeing more and more upsets by the years. Lot more schools committed to quality WBB programs which is good to see.

WBB isn't going to be that money maker like football, never will but the publicity and the spot light many of these programs put out for their universities is invaluable IMO.

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s wrong at all if that said person also acknowledges their lack of literacy. If you couldn’t tell before I’m Black and I’m very informed about the Rap community. Cardi B is a Dominican woman from the Bronx and has stated on several occasions she knows she doesn’t speak in a way that comes off as educated because she didn’t finish school and didn’t have to speak that way in her community. I’m not saying she’s dumb but sometimes she’s very hard to understand even as a Black person who understands and uses AAVE.

And your last point is exactly what I was speaking on. She’s very hard to understand at times.
I see your point on a little clearer now. Also, my response to your post was not meant to be racially sensitive, so I apologize for the wrong interpretation. You know, I just responded to you, the person, regardless of race or skin color.

Reaction Score
I see your point on a little clearer now. Also, my response to your post was not meant to be racially sensitive, so I apologize for the wrong interpretation. You know, I just responded to you, the person, regardless of race or skin color.
No offense taken. I’m glad we can have open discussions like these.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

apology.jpg

Reaction Score

Seeing you say Big Latto gave me a much needed laugh.

“Rip me out the plastic I’ve been acting brand new.”

Reaction Score
Didn't Ice Spice just graduate from LSU? Man, she had one of best 2nd quarters in NCAA championship game history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom