2023 LSU Offseason Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 LSU Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I'm kind of surprised that Bartlett and A.Williams haven't went into the portal yet....I don't see alot of PT in their futures.

Reaction Score
I'm kind of surprised that Bartlett and A.Williams haven't went into the portal yet....I don't see alot of PT in their futures.
Both seems to be happy so far. I don't see them playing much either , but I kinda don't think they would play much at other programs as well.

Reaction Score
Both seems to be happy so far. I don't see them playing much either , but I kinda don't think they would play much at other programs as well.
Bartlett could probably get some good minutes at a mid major or at a lower level P5 school, she actually has some talent and potential but its gonna be tough to get minutes with Reese, Smith, Rosario already on board and potentially Morrow if she decided to actually come in.

A. Williams was always a project they hope could contribute some depth in year 3 or 4. Plus it was Kim's first recruiting class, with the exception of Flaujae and Sa'Myah, LSU had limited recruiting options at that time. LSU barely missed on Grace Van Slooten who ended up heading to Oregon but never did have many options beyond all of that

Reaction Score
I can't wait to see how this pans out, actually. Kim has never had a slow, short, unathletic guard, who can shoot. LSU is still going to miss Morris and IDC what anyone says, Hailey Van Lith is not a PG.

Reaction Score
I can't wait to see how this pans out, actually. Kim has never had a slow, short, unathletic guard, who can shoot. LSU is still going to miss Morris and IDC what anyone says, Hailey Van Lith is not a PG.
Tbh. Van Lith is similar to the addition of Te'a Cooper at Baylor. Gonna be interesting to say the least.

As for slow and unathletic. I think Hailey will be quick enough to run Kim half court heavy offense. Morris will be missed. But the growth of Flau'Jae and the addition of Van Lith, Williams, Velez will be be eye popping

Reaction Score
Tbh. Van Lith is similar to the addition of Te'a Cooper at Baylor. Gonna be interesting to say the least.

As for slow and unathletic. I think Hailey will be quick enough to run Kim half court heavy offense. Morris will be missed. But the growth of Flau'Jae and the addition of Van Lith, Williams, Velez will be be eye popping
Chloe Jackson comes to mind, Hailey Van Lith isn't as athletic as her but there was nothing flashy Jackson did while running the point at Baylor, they just kept things pretty simple

I'm not saying this like its a bad thing but Kim doesn't run some complex/WNBA style of offense... if you can feed the ball into the post, you'll be fine running her offense IMO. Its mostly pick and rolls, one on one matchups, and feeding the ball into the bigs. Obviously there is a little more to it than that but thats the bulk of her offenses. Its worked for her, she has won 4 national titles with four completely different teams running the exact same offense. I seriously doubt Hailey Van Lith handling the ball would be some giant issue. You also have Poole still there, Poa, Angelica Velez is a true PG. While Morris was great, she didn't exactly look very comfortable running the point more than not last year, but she was a bucket getter in clutch situations.

Reaction Score
It's been interesting to read and hear ppls thoughts on Hailey Van Lith. I didn't realize she was as polarizing as she is. I always felt she was one of the more talented guards in the nation who has improved every season. They do have options at the point. Obviously Poole can run it and I really like Last Tear Poa as well. So Hailey Van Lith doesn't need to be the exclusive point guard. Obviously Angel playmakes a lot in the half court as well.

Update: should've read the post above. Touche @SECbbfan24

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hope they feed her lots of gumbo, crawfish, crabs, shrimp... I know my heart would be won over with that
It will be interesting to see what Morrow does. If she wants to be the face and star of a team, that will not happen at LSU with Hailey Van Lith and Reese. She would definitely have better chance of doing that at USC. If she wants good chance to win National Championship, she goes to LSU.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see what Morrow does. If she wants to be the face and star of a team, that will not happen at LSU with Hailey Van Lith and Reese. She would definitely have better chance of doing that at USC. If she wants good chance to win National Championship, she goes to LSU.
Morrow won’t be the face of any of her finalists. Including USC. That is Juju Watkins team.

Reaction Score
Morrow won’t be the face of any of her finalists. Including USC. That is Juju Watkins team.
Juju Watkins hasn’t played a minute of NCAA basketball. Morrow would be the star and leading scorer of that team until Watkins was at least a sophomore.

Reaction Score
Talk about over-hyping a untested
freshman over an established star in Morrow!

I suppose Mikayla Williams will be the face of LSU over Reese too.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

I’m not overhyping anything. Juju Watkins is literally being promoted all over social media as the face of a resurgent USC WBB program.

And no, Williams will not be the face of LSU, because that’s currently Angel Reese (Kim Mulkey).

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Juju Watkins hasn’t played a minute of NCAA basketball. Morrow would be the star and leading scorer of that team until Watkins was at least a sophomore.
I disagree. And that’s fine.

She may be “a” star. But not “the” star.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So if LSU was to land Morrow would she start at the 3 or the 4. What would be the projected starting lineup.

Reaction Score
LSU is going to be a team a lot of people will love to hate, and you know what, I think they'll revel in it.
"Think"? It's a forgone conclusion that they'll enjoy it in my opinion. Some of the players thrive off of it. If it works for them, all good. Motivation comes in different forms.

Reaction Score
So if LSU was to land Morrow would she start at the 3 or the 4. What would be the projected starting lineup.
I doubt she is coming to LSU although I have said this about 90% of the recruits who came here so maybe I need to keep the same energy...

But hypothetically
G- Hailey Van Lith 5'7
G- Flaujae 5'10
G- M Williams 6'0
F- Morrow 6-1
F- Reese 6-3

LSU gains a little more size overall adding M Williams and Hailey Van Lith compared to Carson/Morris but won't have a true 5 minus Rosario coming off the bench at 6'6

But sometimes size isn't the end all be all, despite Ladazhia being 6'4 she was out rebounded by many of our guards and Smith coming off the bench quite a bit at times

Reaction Score

I’m not overhyping anything. Juju Watkins is literally being promoted all over social media as the face of a resurgent USC WBB program.

And no, Williams will not be the face of LSU, because that’s currently Angel Reese (Kim Mulkey).

Weren't both Bueckers and Boston hailed as the stars of their teams when they were freshmen, even though there were established starters on their rosters? It happens.

Watkins is a very intriguing player and she deserves the attention she's earned. She's proven herself both in the US and on an international level during the U17 event. Looking forward to seeing how it translates in the NCAA.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I doubt she is coming to LSU

But hypothetically
G- Hailey Van Lith 5'7
G- Flaujae 5'10
G- M Williams 6'0
F- Morrow 6-1
F- Reese 6-3

LSU gains a little more size overall adding M Williams and Hailey Van Lith compared to Carson/Morris but won't have a true 5 minus Rosario coming off the bench at 6'6

But sometimes size isn't the end all be all, despite Ladazhia being 6'4 she was out rebounded by many of our guards and Smith coming off the bench quite a bit at times

Morrow and Reese would form arguably the best rebounding frontline in the country outside of (maybe) SC, plus Flau'jae is a fantastic rebounder at 5-10. There aren't any squads like the 2022-23 SC/Stanford teams going into next year where they're head and shoulders taller than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom