2023-24 LSU Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2023-24 LSU Thread

Reaction Score
I watched the replay multiple times. I think it's a stretch to suggest that Van Lith was a cause of the injury.

Injuries suck. They are unfortunate. Just about every team has seen players suffer them. You can have an opinion, but to me being mad at a player for that is, like I said, a stretch.
Why are you lying about what I said? I don't know if she was the cause. To repeat, "
I said Hailey Van Lith was involved and the replay shows it. I never said anything about intent you are doing that. To repeat, "Watch the replay. One player bumped her and Hailey Van Lith reached in across her body. Maybe neither contact caused it or maybe they did or maybe it would have happened anyway but she did more than stand on the court."
You guys are trying to put words in my mouth. For one thing it happened too fast to have been malicious but injuries happen on basketball plays everyday." And then I stated I didn't like her association with Walz and Louisville.

I put the video up to show she did more than stand on the court. That's all. Please complain about what I said not what you think.

I am done responding to this thread make up whatever you want but I am wasting no more time.

Reaction Score
Why are you lying about what I said? I don't know if she was the cause. To repeat, "
I said Hailey Van Lith was involved and the replay shows it. I never said anything about intent you are doing that. To repeat, "Watch the replay. One player bumped her and Hailey Van Lith reached in across her body. Maybe neither contact caused it or maybe they did or maybe it would have happened anyway but she did more than stand on the court."
You guys are trying to put words in my mouth. For one thing it happened too fast to have been malicious but injuries happen on basketball plays everyday." And then I stated I didn't like her association with Walz and Louisville.

I put the video up to show she did more than stand on the court. That's all. Please complain about what I said not what you think.

I am done responding to this thread make up whatever you want but I am wasting no more time.
You are quoting a post that you edited after we responded to you. I had no idea you edited a one sentence response into a paragraph dissertation.

To be mad at someone because they were "involved" in an injury is irrational when that involvement has no signs of malicious intent. That involvement is literally Van Lith standing under the basket preparing to take a charge and then swiping at the ball when Miles tries to evade. It was a standard basketball play. I don't even think any part of their bodies touched each other. It's hard to even call it involvement because it was basically a no contact injury.

If you're going to take offense about Van Lith's actions during that incident, then I have no words. You may as well be mad that the game of basketball exists because without basketball, this injury would not have happened.

Reaction Score
I don't know why she did that, speculate all you want.
I said involved in a season ending injury. To repeat,"Watch the replay. One player bumped her and Hailey Van Lith reached in across her body. Maybe neither contact caused it or maybe they did or maybe it would have happened anyway but she did more than stand on the court."
I didn't say a word about intent but everyone wants to put words in my mouth. I said involved.
Yes, you said involved and you also said your opinion about Hailey Van Lith's "involvement" was unfair. Those are the only accurate statements here. If you're not a fan of the player, that's fair but linking them to an injury which you note per above that it's hard to determine whether she had impact is a huge stretch.

Reaction Score
Too early for popcorn, so these pop tarts will do. Adjusting lumbar pillow. lol
Hello GIF by Pop-Tarts

Reaction Score
I can’t feel bad for Hailey Van Lith. She thought the grass was greener on the other side. She should’ve stayed at Louisville.
Wow those clips are pretty obvious how they are not getting her the ball.

Reaction Score
You are quoting a post that you edited after we responded to you. I had no idea you edited a one sentence response into a paragraph dissertation.

To be mad at someone because they were "involved" in an injury is irrational when that involvement has no signs of malicious intent. That involvement is literally Van Lith standing under the basket preparing to take a charge and then swiping at the ball when Miles tries to evade. It was a standard basketball play. I don't even think any part of their bodies touched each other. It's hard to even call it involvement because it was basically a no contact injury.
If you're going to take offense about Van Lith's actions during that incident, then I have no words. You may as well be mad that the game of basketball exists because without basketball, this injury would not have happened.
I edited the post within the first few minutes.

Reaction Score
Yes, you said involved and you also said your opinion about Hailey Van Lith's "involvement" was unfair. Those are the only accurate statements here. If you're not a fan of the player, that's fair but linking them to an injury which you note per above that it's hard to determine whether she had impact is a huge stretch.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Van Lith must have read all the criticism in this thread. She's clearly distraught and can barely play at all today. She only has 12 points and 5 assists at the half. :rolleyes:

Never underestimate the Boneyard's amazing jinx AND reverse-jinx powers!

Reaction Score
I just saw that Jazzy has cut her list. Basically it’s two teams from each of the P-5s. LSU and SCar from the zsEC

TCU is one of the 10. Methinks Matt zcampbell has a good reputation in the Northwest

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just saw that Jazzy has cut her list. Basically it’s two teams from each of the P-5s. LSU and SCar from the zsEC

TCU is one of the 10. Methinks Matt zcampbell has a good reputation in the Northwest
Do we call it P5 next year with no PAC12? Or will it be P5 and Group of 5 or 6? I honestly don't know.

Reaction Score
Do we call it P5 next year with no PAC12? Or will it be P5 and Group of 5 or 6? I honestly don't know.
Basketball has always been “P5+1” to me. We aren’t here to talk Football.

So I haven’t decided about next year. “P4+1”or just “BB-P5.”

Reaction Score
I’d be shocked if she went to TCU! But then, I’m shocked TCU is on her final list too, so…..:confused:

Reaction Score
I’d be shocked if she went to TCU! But then, I’m shocked TCU is on her final list too, so…..:confused:
I would be surprised but not shocked - but the TCU coach is highly respected in her home state of Oregon.

She has not named the Ducks or the Beavers in her list.

Reaction Score
Basketball has always been “P5+1” to me. We aren’t here to talk Football.

So I haven’t decided about next year. “P4+1”or just “BB-P5.”
Sorry what conferences are you counting? ACC, Big10, SEC, Big12, and the disappearing Pac12. I wasn't counting the Big East because it's more about two or three top teams and only one on the women's side and since this is a Uconn women's forum your P4+1 seems more appropriate.

I don't want to really debate it because it hasn't happened yet and there will likely be more realignment soon, just wanted to understand.

Reaction Score
While we wait for the Final Four games tomorrow I thought I’d share some closing thoughts on one of the most discussed teams of the year.

All things considered I think this season has to be considered a disappointment for LSU, which is also a testament to how quickly Mulkey has resurrected the program in just three years.

The team will look different without Reese and Van Lith but I’d wager that LSU will be better next season than they were this year. They’ll get Sa’Myah Smith back who looked to have taken a huge sophomore leap before her injury and should be ready to slot in for Reese full-time at the 5. Williams will be a beast with a full offseason of college strength and conditioning. I think the team will be better off if they run their offense through Morrow and Johnson more; Flau’jae in particular was pretty clearly their best player over the final third of the season and should be an SEC POY candidate with her shot creation, efficiency, and athleticism. Morrow proved she’s game for the SEC and then some. Whereas Hailey Van Lith never really found her groove on the team, Morrow was a perfect fit for LSU. I also think Poa can be a serviceable starting PG; she’s improved quite a bit since arriving on campus. I’ll be curious to see if they get anyone in the portal where Mulkey has historically attracted great talent with generally excellent results.

All in all, 31-6 is a season that 95+% of teams in D1 would be thrilled with. I’m not the biggest Kim fan but she’s revamped LSU faster than anyone could have imagined. Looking forward to following them again next year.

Reaction Score
I think the team will be better off if they run their offense through Morrow and Johnson more; Flau’jae in particular was pretty clearly their best player over the final third of the season and should be an SEC POY candidate with her shot creation, efficiency, and athleticism. Morrow proved she’s game for the SEC and then some.
This sounds interesting. They may well be a better team next year.

I'm intrigued by the idea of FJ as the pg and Williams as the 3 with Morrow and Smith in the front court. Maybe FJ would prefer to be the 2 with Poa as the pg, but I think they're better off with the ball in FJ's hands as much as possible.

And I think Morrow will be better without Reese next to her. She is a dominant personality and Smith will be a good foil for her.

Reaction Score
This sounds interesting. They may well be a better team next year.

I'm intrigued by the idea of FJ as the pg and Williams as the 3 with Morrow and Smith in the front court. Maybe FJ would prefer to be the 2 with Poa as the pg, but I think they're better off with the ball in FJ's hands as much as possible.

And I think Morrow will be better without Reese next to her. She is a dominant personality and Smith will be a good foil for her.
I wonder what Kim's priorities will be with the portal this year. Last year she went for the big names and talent and figured she could make it work, even if sometimes it was trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. I think she will do better this year if she identifies what the team needs most in terms of skills, and at what position, and then finds a good fit even if it isn't one of the top few talents in the portal.

They had more talent than the championship year, but the whole fell way short of the sum of the parts this year IMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom