2023-24 LSU Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2023-24 LSU Thread

Reaction Score
She did credit Auburn, however quotes like these tend to negate it.

View attachment 95216
That's a poor excuse unless coach Mulkey let them go out and party after the game. I prefer coaches who recognize the opponent, admit mistakes and commit to learning from them. LSU had a poor game for them and she made some poor decisions. Learn and improve don't hide behind excuses. At least that's my opinion.

Reaction Score
If you look at objective measures like Massey conference tables the SEC looks remarkably like every other P5 conference. For example SEC third team is ranked 32 twelfth 61. Big 15 & 124. ACC 16 & 75. Big 12 11 & 80. Pac 8 & 102.

I don't see the difference using objective measures. Actually your Pac12 listing looks worse than several others. Is there some deeper level of analysis? I admit I just looked and didn't do any averaging of teams 3-12.

If you look at his conference list that includes all teams the ratings are very close.
Fyi some of the pages used: Massey Ratings - Southeastern Conference
My observation wasn't an analytical one. I've seen at least one game from every SEC team with the exception of Arkansas, plus I've watched a lot of games across different conferences. It was more an observation that most SEC teams feel about the same in talent. Actually I think your stat proves that. There is only a 30 team gap between #3 and #12 in the rankings whereas there are larger gaps in every other conference.

Reaction Score
That's a poor excuse unless coach Mulkey let them go out and party after the game. I prefer coaches who recognize the opponent, admit mistakes and commit to learning from them. LSU had a poor game for them and she made some poor decisions. Learn and improve don't hide behind excuses. At least that's my opinion.
She must have joined her team at the men's game because that Reese call was...duh. She has two of the best rebounders in wcbb! At least get a shot off and take your chances you get a put back.

Reaction Score
If you actually listened to the interview, she held herself accountable by stating that she may have made a mistake by doing something out of the norm by allowing the team to attend the game. She was not stating that they were “lacking enthusiasm” because they went to the game. She was stating that she is a creature of habit by not allowing the team to leave the hotel the night before a game. Please stop spreading unfounded rumors and misinformation to further this negative narrative about Coach Mulkey.

Reaction Score
If you actually listened to the interview, she held herself accountable by stating that she may have made a mistake by doing something out of the norm by allowing the team to attend the game. She was not stating that they were “lacking enthusiasm” because they went to the game. She was stating that she is a creature of habit by not allowing the team to leave the hotel the night before a game. Please stop spreading unfounded rumors and misinformation to further this negative narrative about Coach Mulkey.

If she went against her usual habit of keeping the team at the hotel, is it not the same thing? Maybe framing it as "lack of enthusiasm" was an embellishment on their part but it still sounds like they're making the same point you are.

Reaction Score
I said nothing about enthusiasm. I said they played a poor game and she made poor decisions during the game. I don't like the excuse of watching the mens game, just accept she erred and the team played poorly. Learn from it and go on.

Do I like Mulkey? No. I don't like her scheduling nor how she treats her players but that has little to do with her in game mistakes.

Reaction Score
On reflection I'm going to try to ignore your posts. You're going to praise her no matter what she does. I give her credit for winning but I'll never like how she does it. So bye.

Reaction Score
My observation wasn't an analytical one. I've seen at least one game from every SEC team with the exception of Arkansas, plus I've watched a lot of games across different conferences. It was more an observation that most SEC teams feel about the same in talent. Actually I think your stat proves that. There is only a 30 team gap between #3 and #12 in the rankings whereas there are larger gaps in every other conference.
So you're pleased that the third SEC team is 24 to 16 places worse than any other conference? And that other conferences, some with only 12 teams, have an awful bottom end?
Choosing 3-12 the SEC starts out worse but doesn't get as bad as fast as other conferences. I'm not sure what that gets you.

Reaction Score
So you're pleased that the third SEC team is 24 to 16 places worse than any other conference? And that other conferences, some with only 12 teams, have an awful bottom end?
Choosing 3-12 the SEC starts out worse but doesn't get as bad as fast as other conferences. I'm not sure what that gets you.
Lol you're putting words in my mouth and changing the conversation to a topic of your choosing. I never said I was pleased, nor was that the intent of my observation.

Reaction Score
Lol you're putting words in my mouth and changing the conversation to a topic of your choosing. I never said I was pleased, nor was that the intent of my observation.
That was how I interpreted your comment. At least we learned some irrelevant facts.

Reaction Score
I don't think the SEC is particularly strong in its depth to be honest.

The non-conference doesn't really support it.

The league has a lot of respectable teams like most power leagues do. It's better than some, I guess.

Reaction Score

Sorry I can't give Hailey Van Lith any slack. Whether it was her fault or not she was involved in Miles injury and her being associated with Walz and Louisville for so long is too much for me. I admit it's not fair.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Sorry I can't give Hailey Van Lith any slack. Whether it was her fault or not she was involved in Miles injury and her being associated with Walz and Louisville for so long is too much for me. I admit it's not fair.
"Involved in Miles injury"?? What exactly was her culpability in this incident? She was literally just standing on the court.

Reaction Score
"Involved in Miles injury"?? What exactly was her culpability in this incident? She was literally just standing on the court.
Watch the replay. One player bumped her and Hailey Van Lith reached in across her body. Maybe neither contact caused it or maybe they did or maybe it would have happened anyway but she did more than stand on the court. Are you going to argue that she was never a member of Walz teams too?

I didn't say she caused it I said involved in.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Watch the replay. One player bumped her and Hailey Van Lith reached in across her body. Maybe neither contact caused it or maybe they did but she did more than stand on the court.

Good lord almighty. Quite the creative approach to facts and reality.

Let's contrast that with what Citron did later in the game when she drove straight into Van Lith and elbowed her in the face.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I saw the play. Please tell me what she did that was so malicious.
I never used that word you did I said involved. I repeat. "Watch the replay. One player bumped her and Hailey Van Lith reached in across her body. Maybe neither contact caused it or maybe they did or maybe it would have happened anyway but she did more than stand on the court."
Did Citron's foul end Hailey Van Lith's season? No. Was it malicious? You answer that but be careful because you might open a door.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good lord almighty. Quite the creative approach to facts and reality.

Let's contrast that with what Citron did later in the game when she drove straight into Van Lith and elbowed her in the face.

I don't know why she did that, speculate all you want.
I said involved in a season ending injury. To repeat,"Watch the replay. One player bumped her and Hailey Van Lith reached in across her body. Maybe neither contact caused it or maybe they did or maybe it would have happened anyway but she did more than stand on the court."
I didn't say a word about intent but everyone wants to put words in my mouth. I said involved.

Reaction Score
I was curious so I watched a clip of the incident on YouTube. There was no intent to injure...
I didn't speculate about intent. I said involved. To repeat, "Watch the replay. One player bumped her and Hailey Van Lith reached in across her body. Maybe neither contact caused it or maybe they did or maybe it would have happened anyway but she did more than stand on the court."
Nothing about anything more than involved.

Reaction Score
Wow, going off the rails doesn't even begin to describe what's happening in this thread. :eek:
What's off the rails? I said Hailey Van Lith was involved and the replay shows it. I never said anything about intent you are doing that. To repeat, "Watch the replay. One player bumped her and Hailey Van Lith reached in across her body. Maybe neither contact caused it or maybe they did or maybe it would have happened anyway but she did more than stand on the court."
You guys are trying to put words in my mouth. For one thing it happened too fast to have been malicious but injuries happen on basketball plays everyday.

If saying I can't give particular player any slack gets me "reported" then everyone on this board should be reported. Or has this become another woke space where we all must love each other?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I watched the replay multiple times. I think it's a stretch to suggest that Van Lith was a cause of the injury.

Injuries suck. They are unfortunate. Just about every team has seen players suffer them. You can have an opinion, but to me being mad at a player for that is, like I said, a stretch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom