Fresno, Utah State & Army = Receiving votes

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Mora has a vote in the poll.

1659975539666.png

Reaction Score
4-8. CCSU, Ball, FIU, and one other.
ESPN's matchup predictor gives CCSU a 20.8% chance at winning this game. Realtime RPI has UConn winning 26-21. Before you guys start throwing stuff at me, yeah I don't put much stock in either of those predictors. A few years ago--when Dolegala was the QB, Tyshaun James was a dominate WR, and the defense was superb--I honestly think Central beats UConn. Last year, Central greatly underperformed and then lost many of their key players to graduation. I don't know what to expect this year. NEC pre-season poll has them picked 4th.
Hanging around with UConn in this game will be a monumental challenge for the Blue Devils. But not impossible.

Reaction Score
ESPN's matchup predictor gives CCSU a 20.8% chance at winning this game. Realtime RPI has UConn winning 26-21. Before you guys start throwing stuff at me, yeah I don't put much stock in either of those predictors. A few years ago--when Dolegala was the QB, Tyshaun James was a dominate WR, and the defense was superb--I honestly think Central beats UConn. Last year, Central greatly underperformed and then lost many of their key players to graduation. I don't know what to expect this year. NEC pre-season poll has them picked 4th.
Hanging around with UConn in this game will be a monumental challenge for the Blue Devils. But not impossible.

I heard you guys will suck this year. We’ve added talent in the offense and have 12 transfers better than anything you have.

We shouldn’t lose that game.

Reaction Score

The two UConn opponents on schedule:

-> Breakout player to watch:

Utah State RB Calvin Tyler Jr. - Tyler led the Aggies in rushing with 911 yards last season while sharing time with Elelyon Noa. But Noa transferred out of the program, and Utah State lost its top three receivers and tight end to graduation. At 5-foot-8, 210 pounds, Tyler isn’t likely to become a workhorse back, but he should be an even bigger focus of the offense this year. <-

-> Offensive player of the year:

Fresno State QB Jake Haener - Haener earned second-team all-conference honors last year in passing for 4,096 yards, 33 touchdowns and nine interceptions — and he did that while banged up with injuries. After a brief trip into the transfer portal, he opted to come back to play for returning head coach Jeff Tedford. He also has three of his top four receivers back, including Jalen Cropper (85 catches, 899 yards). Haener is in store for a monster season. <-

-> MWC Projected standings

West Division

1. Fresno State (conference champion) -
With Haener, his top receivers and a veteran offensive line back, this should be one of the most explosive offenses in the country in Tedford’s second stint as head coach. The defense has a couple of holes to fill but was quietly solid at 20th nationally in scoring a year ago. The schedule includes some high-profile matchups early, with Oregon State, USC and Boise State in the first five games.

Mountain Division

1. Boise State

2. Utah State -
The Aggies came out of nowhere to win the league last year with an up-tempo and explosive passing attack in coach Blake Anderson’s first season. Quarterback Logan Bonner is back, but he needs a new group of starting receivers. The defense was similarly explosive, racking up negative plays and cutting down on big plays as the season went on. Another influx of transfers should fill some holes, and this team could once again compete for the title. <-

Reaction Score
The one thing I keep forgetting about JM is that he's a DC at heart. That was his bread and butter as an assistant prior to his head coaching gigs. And he's done it at the highest level of football. Let's not take that for granted. It'll be interesting to see the intensity we will have on that side of the ball this season...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom