2022 Season Preview | The Boneyard

2022 Season Preview

Reaction Score
Whoever wrote this looked at 247sports transfer class (which is missing more than half of our actual transfers like Brandon Bouyer-Randle, Jack Stewart, FCS All-American Jake Guidone, Ethon Williams, etc.!!!), the returning players, and untelling numbers from last season.

I've always been pessimistic about this team, but with the squad we've got built anything less than 3-9 should be a disappointment.

Reaction Score
Nonsense putting FIU and UMass as L's
It was like let’s talk about how they improve And not know in some ways to then go and say they will be bad while not really previewing anything ( the CCSU one shows that the writer probably is not doing an impartial bias while writing it)

Reaction Score
I am on record as predicting 3-9. But this guy could be correct. A legitimate prediction 1-11. But football is so non-linear, it could also be just as easily 5-7.

Reaction Score
This guy says the roster isn't good. That's directly opposite the consensus on here, which was that our roster was much better than our record but Randy Edsall .... And that was before all the improvement Mora made to the roster.

I'm rooting for the consensus and not the author's opinion. But we'll have to see.

Reaction Score
I think UConn is going to be better than most think. For one the team is older. You have a slew of transfers that came from legit football schools and you have a real offensive coordinator and when was the last time they had one of those? Rhett Lashlee? I'm thinking closer to 6 wins than 1. And there will be at least 6 games that they coulda/shoulda won if they don't win them. The quarterback corps is much improved and the best QB they had last year is healed and ready to roll. Pommachanh could actually move the ball last year with that inexperienced, undergrad roster.

Reaction Score
I think UConn is going to be better than most think. For one the team is older. You have a slew of transfers that came from legit football schools and you have a real offensive coordinator and when was the last time they had one of those? Rhett Lashlee? I'm thinking closer to 6 wins than 1. And there will be at least 6 games that they coulda/shoulda won if they don't win them. The quarterback corps is much improved and the best QB they had last year is healed and ready to roll. Pommachanh could actually move the ball last year with that inexperienced, undergrad roster.
I sure hope your right. Another 1-11 season that includes losses to UMass and FIU might drive me into permanent catatonic withdrawal.

Reaction Score
We’ll see. They’ll be older and more experienced. The question is are they better than their competition? Last year they weren’t except Yale & UMass. UMass outplayed them but they were worse.

Reaction Score
I am on record as predicting 3-9. But this guy could be correct. A legitimate prediction 1-11. But football is so non-linear, it could also be just as easily 5-7.
1-11 is not a legitimate prediction. He says UConn, UMass and FI are terrible but has UConn losing both games? How good was Ball State last year when got killed by Wyoming, a game UConn had a chance to win. So no chance there?

Looked at Massey early game expectations and UConn chances of winning each game are shown as (in order) 15%, 94%, 25%, 2%, 11%, 28%, 51%, 32%, 66% 26%, 34%, 21% which comes out to an expected over/under of about 4. Going with one win is not legit.

This sports site with no reason to pump up UConn (and probably little time to put any qualitative analysis on UConn's coaching change and transfer improvements) sees UConn a big favorite in one game, slight favorite in 2 games, 33% chance in 2 games and about 25% chance in 3 games and this guy sees only 1 win!

Reaction Score
1-11 is not a legitimate prediction. He says UConn, UMass and FI are terrible but has UConn losing both games? How good was Ball State last year when got killed by Wyoming, a game UConn had a chance to win. So no chance there?

Looked at Massey early game expectations and UConn chances of winning each game are shown as (in order) 15%, 94%, 25%, 2%, 11%, 28%, 51%, 32%, 66% 26%, 34%, 21% which comes out to an expected over/under of about 4. Going with one win is not legit.

This sports site with no reason to pump up UConn (and probably little time to put any qualitative analysis on UConn's coaching change and transfer improvements) sees UConn a big favorite in one game, slight favorite in 2 games, 33% chance in 2 games and about 25% chance in 3 games and this guy sees only 1 win!
Actually it comes out to an expected over/under of 3.

Reaction Score
The team will be better than last year. I don’t see how this is not possible. New staff, new players, new ideas, and all three are upgrades. We should win at home against UMass.

My hope is 3-4 wins with maybe one upside surprise. I’m hoping we come out day one swinging, and while not a win take the game into Q4.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
One reason I’m optimistic … does anyone remember the Navy game about 2015 when red pants blew it with 30 seconds to go? I don’t see anything like that happening with this coaching staff.

Reaction Score
One reason I’m optimistic … does anyone remember the Navy game about 2015 when red pants blew it with 30 seconds to go? I don’t see anything like that happening with this coaching staff.
One would hope ....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom