2022 Season Preview | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2022 Season Preview

Reaction Score
Oh that’s an adorable comment. You take clickbait articles at face value and exercise zero critical thought. And we use data and arguments to counter theirs and you accuse us of not using critical thinking and logic.

Go find a blue plate special and take a nap.
Oh oh oh, that's click bait??? Thanks so much for telling me!! I never would have known. Sheesh!!

Are you so naive that you think I would not have noticed the incompleteness of that article? And did you not notice the fact that I mentioned it??

You need to to gain some altitude because where you are flying now has you too close to the treetops to see the forest. Take a look from 50,000 feet. From there you will see that UConn lost its two best players from a 1-11 team. That's all you need to know to conclude that 1-11 is indeed possible and that 3-9 would be a great accomplishment. But go ahead and keep drinking the Kool Aid, it's a big tent.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn lost its two best players from a 1-11 team. That's all you need to know…

high quality GIF

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
/Thread: Click the “Read the full conversation on Twitter” hyperlink for ease of access.

Wow...when I see all those transfers listed in one place I had two reactions....what a great job by the staff to pull what looks like a quality group out of the portal. And...I hope this works!

That's a lot of new people having to to learn a new system together. It makes sense why they have placed a priority on creating a brotherhood. The only way they can quickly gel on the field is if they gel off the field.

I like that he acknowledges that anyone who thinks they know how this team will perform is kidding themselves.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I don’t need data to counter their lack of it. Ignoring 90% of the transfers and so should be enough.
I know all the words in the statement, but I have no idea what they mean

Reaction Score

-> Early Predictions

UConn is a reasonable bet to start improving within the next year or two, but it is probably still unreasonable to expect them to be much better against the Mountain West than they were in 2021. Utah State and Fresno State should roll.

Utah State 45, UConn 17
Fresno State 49, UConn 14 <-

PO PO PO
UConn 35 Utah state 31
UConn 40 Fresno State 38
UConn 28 Utah St 27. UConn 27 Fresno St 24

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
“ESPN's computer model, the Football Power Index, has released its predictions for the upcoming season. According to the Football Power Index, the worst team in America will be the UConn Huskies. UConn is projected to go 2.5-9.5 this season - the worst record of any team in the country.” – The Spun, Sports Illustrated
This is a funny statement. Based on this "model", every team in the FBS will have at minimum 2-3 wins this year. Wonder if that's ever happened, Ha!....:confused:

I'm drinking the Kool-Aid and saying UConn won't be the worst team in the country this year. Not saying we win more than 3, but not the worst.

Reaction Score
This is a funny statement. Based on this "model", every team in the FBS will have at minimum 2-3 wins this year. Wonder if that's ever happened, Ha!....:confused:

I'm drinking the Kool-Aid and saying UConn won't be the worst team in the country this year. Not saying we win more than 3, but not the worst.
I’m thinking 3-4 wins. Could be more if things really well. Could be worse if we have same old same old. But I think 3-4 is realistic If we show any signs of life.

Reaction Score
So what?

I don’t think setting a goal to beat CCSU (with all due respect), UMass and an FIU program that got fired by their head coach last season is aiming too high.

I never said no goals, and I do expect us to win that game Handily. Heck we could go bowling, but we don‘t know yet.

Reaction Score
I never said no goals, and I do expect us to win that game Handily. Heck we could go bowling, but we don‘t know yet.

LOL. You saying we could go bowling is crazier than anything that I can conjure. There is an upside but it’s 3-4 wins and an upset against Ball State and someone else.

Reaction Score
LOL. You saying we could go bowling is crazier than anything that I can conjure. There is an upside but it’s 3-4 wins and an upset against Ball State and someone else.

Don‘t understand why you are being a such Richard. Ciao.

Reaction Score
So the Vegas line is 2.5 wins. It’d be interesting to see those with a strong opinion either way back it up with a photo of their bet. A few of us are throwing $$ on the over Tuesday night … go us!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom