2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 62 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
No insight, but that's a lot of talent on the table. Looking at Charlie Creme's too early top 25, most of the projected top 10-15 teams have PGs returning (and really good ones at that). Top programs who don't have an elite PG returning are Utah, Stanford, Tennessee, Maryland, and Duke. I doubt Utah replaces Palmer or tries to mess with their chemistry from this season, so they're likely off the table as a landing spot. Stanford is notably hard to transfer into, so I doubt they take anyone. Tennessee has Powell back but I'd imagine Owusu, Rogers or Johnson would be an upgrade. Duke needs help with Day-Wilson/Taylor gone. Maryland could be a good landing spot for Johnson. My uneducated guess for landing spots is:

Diamond Johnson-Maryland (last crop of transfers thrived there, program seems like it's in a good place)
Endiya Rogers-Texas (close to home for 1 more year)
Ashley Owusu-Tennessee or a smaller D1 school (playing time opportunity, I doubt she has a lot of options after last year)
Darrione Rogers-Mississippi State (visited there)
Erynn Barnum-Mississippi State (visited there)
Justine Pissott-Maryland (close to home)
Aneesah Morrow-South Carolina (position open for her to be a potential go to player)
Thought-provoking suggestions!

I saw Justine Pissot play in person a few times and was impressed. My personal wish would be for her to join the Irish and back-up/learn from Maddy Westbeld for a year before taking over the forward slot for two years. That's probably a pipe dream. I could see her look at Maryland but she might join fellow Jersey Shore star Destiny Adams at Rutgers if she wants pretty much instant playing time. And Villanova is not a far drive from her Toms River, NJ, home.

Like you, I've got to think a number of coaches are a bit wary of Owusu at this point. Could she be a target for an ACC or Big East school that really needs a singular talent? I'm thinking Georgetown, Pittsburgh or Boston College.

Last edited:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

I saw Justine Pissot play in person a few times and was impressed. My personal wish would be for her to join the Irish and back-up/learn from Maddy Westbeld for a year before taking over the forward slot for two years. That's probably a pipe dream. I could see her look at Maryland but she might join fellow Jersey Shore star Destiny Adams at Rutgers if she wants pretty much instant playing time. And Villanova is not a far drive from Toms River.

Like you, I've got to think a number of coaches are a bit wary of Owusu at this point. Could she be a target for an ACC or Big East school that really needs a singular talent? I'm thinking Georgetown, Pittsburgh or Boston College.
Beg Please GIF by Harlem

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Maryland also interested in Jewel as she and Brenda started following each other on Instagram.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Yes.. I liked the way Raoul phrased it:

"Redshirt junior forward Lauren Gustin has announced that she will return to BYU WBB for her final year of eligibility, following a brief sojourn into the transfer portal."

Point well taken, though "brief" is redundant. Sojourn means a brief stay someplace. :cool: :D

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Point well taken, though "brief" is redundant. Sojourn means a brief stay someplace. :cool: :D
Two phases come to mind:
  • "We're on a road to nowhere...." - Talking Heads
  • "There's no place like home" - Dorothy

Welcome home, Lauren.

Reaction Score

I saw Justine Pissot play in person a few times and was impressed. My personal wish would be for her to join the Irish and back-up/learn from Maddy Westbeld for a year before taking over the forward slot for two years. That's probably a pipe dream. I could see her look at Maryland but she might join fellow Jersey Shore star Destiny Adams at Rutgers if she wants pretty much instant playing time. And Villanova is not a far drive from Toms River.

I think Georgetown would be a great spot for Owusu. George Washington too. (I mentioned George Mason previously which is located in her hometown of Fairfax, Va.)

Reaction Score
Well, it's pouring rain here in northern New Jersey, so no outside yard work today. :rolleyes:
So, I was checking one or two transfers on Raoul's blog, and then just went through all those pages to see who is still in the portal. These are the names I found. No ratings or preferences here, just a list.

What strikes me is right at the top: there are a number of point guards available.

Look forward to any updates/information/opinions on where these folks might end up.

Point Guards
  • Diamond Johnson, 5'5" Jr. (NC State, Rutgers)
  • Kennedy Fauntleroy, 5'7" Fr. (Georgetown)
  • Taina Mair, 5'9" Fr. (Boston College)
  • Ashley Owusu, 6'0" Sr. (Va. Tech, Maryland)
  • Endiya Rogers, 5'7" Sr. (Oregon, USC)

Guards/Wings
  • Kendall Holmes, 5'11" Jr. (DePaul)
  • Justine Pissot, 6'4" Fr. (Tenn.)
  • Darrione Rogers, 5'11" Jr. (DePaul)
  • Jewell Spear, 5'10" Jr. (Wake Forest)

Forwards

• Denae Carter, 6'0" So. (Miss. State)
  • Erynn Barnum, 6'2" RS Sr. (Arkansas)
  • Kaitlyn Davis, 6'1" Sr. (Columbia)
  • Aneesah Morrow, 6'1" So. (DePaul)
Centers
  • Nerea Hermosa, 6'5" Sr. (Ga. Tech)
  • Imani Lester, 6'3" Fr. (didn't play) (Louisville)
  • Lauren Ware, 6'5" Jr. (Ariz.)
I really like this list. Nerea Hermosa is a great find. She was really good a couple years ago with Cubaj but then got benched last season. I like Beyonce Bea from Idaho. She entered the portal relatively early so I'm surprised I haven't heard much about teams interested.

Reaction Score
Looks like Kennedy Cambridge is on a visit to Oregon; following several of their coaches on Instagram.
Saw a pic on instagram where she appeared to be visiting Texas. Any word?

Reaction Score
Who will get the biggest "J" in the transfer portal?

Jamya Mingo-Young : Miss.St./Ala. to Auburn
Jada Walker : Kentucky to Baylor
Jaylyn Brown : Louisville to Arizona State
Jaida Patrick : Duke/Columbia to Miami
Jordyn Merritt : Florida to Texas Tech
Jakia Brown-Turner : NC State to Maryland
Jordyn Oliver : Baylor/Duke to Vanderbilt

Jewel Spear : Wake Forest to ?
Jaden Owens : UCLA/Baylor to ?
Justine Pissott : Tennessee to ?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Saw a pic on instagram where she appeared to be visiting Texas. Any word?
Not sure I caught that on her IG. What did u see? I saw her showing that she was in Dallas, and then landing in Charlotte. Not sure she made it to Austin this weekend; but, I might have missed something specific that you saw. She did return the follows of a couple of our assistant coaches earlier today.

Reaction Score
Not sure I caught that on her IG. What did u see? I saw her showing that she was in Dallas, and then landing in Charlotte. Not sure she made it to Austin this weekend; but, I might have missed something specific that you saw. She did return the follows of a couple of our assistant coaches earlier today.
It was a pic on her instagram of her (I assume) in a cowboy hat and wearing a Texas uniform in the locker room. There were two other jerseys hanging behind her (one with the number 3). She was wearing a 35 number. It was definitely on her instagram and there was no other name connected to the photo. It was just hard to identify her because of the cowboy hat and the side angle of the photo, but I'm almost certain.

It was one of a series of photos that started with Rhyne Howard holding Kennedy's little brother.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
It was a pic on her instagram of her (I assume) in a cowboy hat and wearing a Texas uniform in the locker room. There were two other jerseys hanging behind her (one with the number 3). She was wearing a 35 number. It was definitely on her instagram and there was no other name connected to the photo. It was just hard to identify her because of the cowboy hat and the side angle of the photo, but I'm almost certain.

It was one of a series of photos that started with Rhyne Howard holding Kennedy's little brother.
Awesome. Thanks! She must not have kept it up long as I have checked her IG stories occasionally the last 48 hours or so.

Don't think that was Jewel That was Madison Booker as Texas players and coaches were wishing her a Happy Birthday. Perhaps Jewel also wishing Booker birthday wishes.

I might have misinterpreted her story showing her on plane in Charlotte; she might have been departing, and not landing. She then showed a clip of a Whataburger food bag (a burger chain which only has restaurants in Texas, I believe).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thin
Awesome. Thanks! She must not have kept it up long as I have checked her IG stories occasionally the last 48 hours or so.
I think I'm wrong though. Looks like it's actually a happy birthday wish to Madison Booker that Kennedy copied to her page. Sorry for the confusion.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Well, bringing in PG Dayshanette Harris from Pitt and combo guard Mackenze Kramer from Lehigh -- both of whom also have one year of eligibility -- in those intervening weeks just might get a senior point guard thinking...;).

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
This from a U of Tenn. beat writer:

Solid pickup for Ralph. They have a long way to go but a nice base of players next year with Washington/Allen returning, Pissott/Oliver from the portal and I believe Cambridge/Moore/Smith are all back after missing last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom