2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 18 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Also LSU has Mikaylah Williams coming in next year, so that's another one she’d be behind if having the spotlight is important to her.
Is Williams a 1 or 2 guard?

Reaction Score
Fair enough however with both Day-Wilson and Oliver in the portal, what would be Lawson's logic if it was her decision to encourage them to leave? Does she think Richardson and Jackson are enough to improve that position? Does her 2023 class have a PG who will be able to take the reins and run the offence? Heck, will her offense change and become more effective?

Purely rhetorical questions, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
I obviously don't know what Lawson's thinking is. She may not have encouraged her to leave but it could have been as simple as letting Wilson know that changes wouldn't be made to accommodate her interests but would be made for the name on the front of the jersey. And then didn't try to dissuade her from shipping out. You might be on to something in your sentence that I bolded. The offense stunk with Wilson so there's nowhere to go but up and it's going to be done Lawson's way for better or worse. And it does open up a PG slot for somebody to be coached by a successful PG. You're right, it'll be interesting to see if Lawson believes she has someone on board already or if she goes out and finds one.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I obviously don't know what Lawson's thinking is. She may not have encouraged her to leave but it could have been as simple as letting Wilson know that changes wouldn't be made to accommodate her interests but would be made for the name on the front of the jersey. And then didn't try to dissuade her from shipping out. You might be on to something in your sentence that I bolded. The offense stunk with Wilson so there's nowhere to go but up and it's going to be done Lawson's way for better or worse. And it does open up a PG slot for somebody to be coached by a successful PG. You're right, it'll be interesting to see if Lawson believes she has someone on board already or if she goes out and finds one.
Good post. Or to add another take: the way things stay the same, the more they change.
Raoul (who else but at this time of year) added in this tweet that Celeste Taylor is staying at Duke another year.
Day-Wilson already saw how this team was becoming Taylor's. It's not going back next year, so perhaps Day-Wilson decided to find pastures.

Reaction Score

So now we have 3 leaving Michigan. One a key starter in Nolan, two who had challenges with getting playing time in Sidor and Wiggins. All guards too.

Is this a trend? Not sure, but something to monitor.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Keep an eye on West Virginia's JJ Quinerly . . .
Anyone able to confirm if Quinerly is in the transfer portal?

On her Instagram, she has started following like 4 Texas players, 3 assistant coaches, 1 staff member, and our trainer over the last week. And, she had an airplane emoji on her page this weekend. Makes me wonder if she took an official visit to Texas; but, that's only allowed if she's officially in the transfer portal.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
So now we have 3 leaving Michigan. One a key starter in Nolan, two who had challenges with getting playing time in Sidor and Wiggins. All guards too.

Is this a trend? Not sure, but something to monitor.
Beat me to the punch!
Also coincides with the departure of both assistant coaches (although one had only been there a year).

Reaction Score
Beat me to the punch!
Also coincides with the departure of both assistant coaches (although one had only been there a year).

Coach Batth leaving after a year was a bit surprising but I'm not surprised she was being targeted for a HC position. She's done a good job developing post players and has been with some good programs over the years. NC State didn't seem the same this year after she left.

Michigan's ability to retain assistant coaches recently is a little concerning. There's been a fair bit of turnover these last few years. One can say it's a credit to Coach Arico, but I'm not so sure at the moment.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
168B44DA-E4AA-41D0-9902-07C401B98753.jpeg

Reaction Score
Was wondering when she was going to get the the point, then "that being said" moment arrived. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom