2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 19 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Marta Suarez has USF and Jose Fernandez’s wheelhouse written all over her IMO.
We laugh but I could she her joining Coach Fernandez at USF and it would not be a bad fit either. Size, physical, and that length! Where she lands, it has to be the right fit.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Again......................there's speculation and rumor going through the yard that IT'S POSSIBLE that Geno may be contemplating adding one more player to next year's roster from the portal. Perhaps another foreign-born player may be on the horizon. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
A lot of teams getting in the gutter this portal season with illegal recruiting. Look out for transfers who state DO NOT CONTACT or decide on the destination within the first 72 hrs of entering the portal. Brenda frese has rubbed off on all of WCBB

Reaction Score
This is the type of player I’d like to see UConn go after. Size, rebounding, effective FG% and protects the paint. If she enters as a Grad-Transfer, I’d be all over her.

She’s currently playing in the WNIT and I was beyond impressed.

Reaction Score
No. Has some skills but too slow.
I know we have lots of good guards, but I really like the two way player from Iowa State Lexi Donarski. She is good on defense but much more of scoring threat than an Aubrey and a better defender than Caroline, which is what I think we need.

Reaction Score
This is the type of player I’d like to see UConn go after. Size, rebounding, effective FG% and protects the paint. If she enters as a Grad-Transfer, I’d be all over her.

the problem is Geno doesn't tamper with other team's players...........if she decides to transfer, I guess she's up for grabs......:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
We need another experienced big like Dorka for more depth ….
I don't think they need another Dorka. If I am going after a big I am going after someone that plays the interior and helps on defense. When healthy UCONN has tons of scoring from the perimeter and if you are looking for outside scoring from the forward position I would go shorter and quicker so you at least pick up a good defender.

Dorka was a great find at a time when injuries really were front and center but me personally would like to see Geno develop his players not go get someone who couldn't really cut it at another school. UCONN has a big group coming in and a big group returning so I think they have what they need they just need to find the next group.

Reaction Score

She would fill an inside need. Problem is you can't go after players, they have to come to you.

Reaction Score
I don't think they need another Dorka. If I am going after a big I am going after someone that plays the interior and helps on defense. When healthy UCONN has tons of scoring from the perimeter and if you are looking for outside scoring from the forward position I would go shorter and quicker so you at least pick up a good defender.

Dorka was a great find at a time when injuries really were front and center but me personally would like to see Geno develop his players not go get someone who couldn't really cut it at another school. UCONN has a big group coming in and a big group returning so I think they have what they need they just need to find the next group.
Surely, you are not talking about Dorka.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Watching this one. Belmont's assistant coach pretty much said a team was actively recruiting players off of his roster. And at the time...the team was one of those in the Sweet 16. Hmmm.
I think the tweet by the Associate Head Coach Givens actually went out during the evening of the first day of the First Round games. It only made its way to the Boneyard after the Sweet 16 teams were set. So, while, it could have been speaking about UT, it was actually towards most of the 64 teams/

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Assuming your observation is accurate, pour me a double of whatever you’re having. She’s 6’6” and aggressive, I join you in your pursuit. :cool: I believe we have one more scholarship available.

Reaction Score
Shouldn't these kinds of questions be directed at the coaching staff? It's not like any of us can put her on the team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I know we have lots of good guards, but I really like the two way player from Iowa State Lexi Donarski. She is good on defense but much more of scoring threat than an Aubrey and a better defender than Caroline, which is what I think we need.

Paige played against Donarski in high school. They may be friends. Lexi outscored Paige, but Hopkins won the game.

Reaction Score
Assuming your observation is accurate, pour me a double of whatever you’re having. She’s 6’6” and aggressive, I join you in your pursuit. :cool: I believe we have one more scholarship available.
Does she still have eligibility. I think she came from juco. I like her game as well. I think she should get drafted if she comes out

Reaction Score

I got to see her play several games, and she is definitely a force. She came to KU from Trinity Valley Junior College and made an immediate impact. The last Big 12 stats that I saw had her leading the conference in FG%, blocks, rebounds, and double-doubles, and was on pace to average a double-double for the season. The last mock draft I saw had her going as the 14th pick in the WNBA draft, so I would assume it would take a NIL deal to make it happen. BTW, if anyone questions the influence of just one generous businessman who participates in the NIL you might look at what it did for the University of Miami on both the mens and women’s basketball teams. JMO

Reaction Score
Anyone able to confirm if Quinerly is in the transfer portal?

On her Instagram, she has started following like 4 Texas players, 3 assistant coaches, 1 staff member, and our trainer over the last week. And, she had an airplane emoji on her page this weekend. Makes me wonder if she took an official visit to Texas; but, that's only allowed if she's officially in the transfer portal.
that would be a really good pickup for Texas. I saw Quinerly in person at the game vs. Arizona & she was really fast & athletic. Nice mid-range jumper too.

Reaction Score

Yes but they are unproven….
We need immediate production

Reaction Score
Purdue had a 6-5 that quickly went to Butler. She was a starter on 2 consecutive Indiana HSBB championship teams.

sun

Reaction Score
Sensational!

2023 Transfer Portal: Lexi Donarski (2022-2023 Highlights)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom