OT: - 2018 NBA Draft | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: 2018 NBA Draft

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I watch their games, they tanked. They wanted some of the young guys to learn how to win games and competed like a college team for a segment of the season. After Dunn landed on his face and got a concussion they went into full tank mode. I'm going to guess you didn't watch them if you think they easily had the least talent in the NBA.

Dude, they had 2 guys on the entire roster who were positives in BPM.

One is Portis, a nice reasonable talent (who they shoudlv'e traded before taking Carter...but I digress)...

...and the guy Portis punched in the face....and happens to not be on the roster anymore.

It's an abysmal roster.

Reaction Score
Celts need to find a way to move up for Robert Williams here.

Jesus, this is how you get some future help at the 5. You get a Capela type near the spot where Capela went.

Orrrrr just stay put and draft him anyways!

the Q

Reaction Score
Woj saying Williams to Boston

going into tonight i was happy with Melton or Evans....

....Williams is just the dream.

This is like 2008 when Deandre dropped like a rock. I got so excited...and just let down.

the Q

Reaction Score
Orrrrr just stay put and draft him anyways!

I love when bad franchises reach mediocre levels and let good talent drop.

the Q

Reaction Score
RW3!!!

Yes!!!

Thank you danny.

Reaction Score

One is Portis, a nice reasonable talent (who they shoudlv'e traded before taking Carter...but I digress)...

...and the guy Portis punched in the face....and happens to not be on the roster anymore.

It's an abysmal roster.
Geezus, trading Mirotic was a part of the tank. Again, I watched most of their games and went to several of their games. Markkannen, Dunn, and LaVine are going to be a problem in this league. They were warned several times by the league to stop tanking.

Reaction Score
Truly hilarious.

I wanted Celtics to use some excess assets, move up, and take a big because this draft was so deep with bigs. Getting a 7'5" wingspan freak athlete rim protector at 27 is just absurd.

We'll see if the work ethic/off court/knee stuff is real or overblown. I trust Brad Stevens.

the Q

Reaction Score
Geezus, trading Mirotic was a part of the tank. Again, I watched most of their games and went to several of their games. Markkannen, Dunn, and LaVine are going to be a problem in this league. They were warned several times by the league to stop tanking.

They got a first for a guy who plays the same position as their best player. And a guy who couldn't stay on the roster after being punched in the face.

That's just good business.

Neither Lavine or Dunn are part of the answer to anything.

Reaction Score
They got a first for a guy who plays the same position as their best player. And a guy who couldn't stay on the roster after being punched in the face.

That's just good business.

Neither Lavine or Dunn are part of the answer to anything.
Don't really care about the opinions of someone who didn't even watch the team. You responded to me saying they didn't tank when they clearly did. No sense in continuing this.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

It's an abysmal roster.

Was. I like that Lauri-Carter front court.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Truly hilarious.

I wanted Celtics to use some excess assets, move up, and take a big because this draft was so deep with bigs. Getting a 7'5" wingspan freak athlete rim protector at 27 is just absurd.

We'll see if the work ethic/off court/knee stuff is real or overblown. I trust Brad Stevens.

It was a real no-brainer. Top-10 talent at 27. With no medial issues.

They likely didn't give any thought to the possibility of taking him until pick 20 or so.

Props to them for doing the smart thing and taking the talent over guys they'd scouted more heavily.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Knox might be good, but I can't be convinced it was a good decision to pass on MPJ

Have you seen his medical records? I haven't. But a lot of teams that have been looking into his medical condition passed on him.

Reaction Score
Have you seen his medical records? I haven't. But a lot of teams that have been looking into his medical condition passed on him.
His team wouldn't release the medical records until about 2 hours before the draft so most teams haven't seen them

Maybe the medicals are really bad, but if you're taking a guy who's not going to contribute next year, I want the guy with the massive upside

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
His team wouldn't release the medical records until about 2 hours before the draft so most teams haven't seen them

Maybe the medicals are really bad, but if you're taking a guy who's not going to contribute next year, I want the guy with the massive upside

Clearly withholding the medical records instilled a lot of confidence league-wide.

The Knicks can't afford to gamble. It's not that he won't play this season. It's a question of whether this will be a chronic problem.

I was all for the Celts taking him because they can afford to gamble. But killing the Knicks for not taking a guy with major red flags doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Meanwhile, my Celts just keep killing it.

Reaction Score
What would Diallo have done without that exposure and great coaching he got at Kentucky? He might have fallen out of the lottery. Wait, no, he might have fallen out of the first round. Wait. Wut?

Reaction Score
Aside from Jacob Evans going to Golden State in the 1st Rd, all the AAC players are going to conference cities.

Landry Shamet went to Philly in the 1st
Melvin Frazier went to Orlando in the 2nd
Shake Milton went to Dallas in the 2nd.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Aside from Jacob Evans going to Golden State in the 1st Rd, all the AAC players are going to conference cities.

Landry Shamet went to Philly in the 1st
Melvin Frazier went to Orlando in the 2nd
Shake Milton went to Dallas in the 2nd.

Milton to Philly, but it still works.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member