Zags: Adama Sanogo declaring for the NBA Draft | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Zags: Adama Sanogo declaring for the NBA Draft

Reaction Score
Congratulations Adama! Hope a good team is able to see the wisdom in drafting you and enabling you to showcase your talents at the next level. Good health, happines, and many great years of basketball!

Reaction Score
I don't think he is a long-shot to make the NBA at all. In all likelihood, he won't be a high first round pick, but he has the size, strength, lateral mobility along with superb offensive skill to have a long career.

I looked at each of the NBA rosters on ESPN and saw how many players there are within 10 lbs. and 1 inch of height of Adama to see if his body type is common. Only five teams did not have a player that falls within this range. Denver has 5 players that do. Several of the players are NBA starters. Many of the players have had 10-plus year careers and have made huge fortunes. Many of the players do not have the reputation as shooters. 4 of them are listed as starting centers or play near starters minutes.

Some have said that Adama is significantly shorter than his listed height. I'm not sure that this is correct, he was certainly about 2 inches taller than the Miami center who was listed as 6' 7". I guess we will see when the combine measurements come out.
Go Adama!
Clark Kellogg, who is tall former basketball player, stated in the MSG game against St. John's that "I stood next to Adama. He is a legitimate 6'9" in height".

Reaction Score
I’m bummed that the team is losing Adama, Jordan and Naheem. I know it’s their decision and that this is what they want to do, but I’m sad they won’t be around next season. The team was so much fun to watch! Joey C gone too. Adama was such a force on offense- he really is going to be missed. UConn never had a big with his footwork!

Reaction Score
I’m all for him chasing his dreams, but if he’s not projected till the later rounds and he’s abouy tj get good NIL money why not stay and work on your game?

Reaction Score
undersized al jefferson or less explosive montrez, might work?

Reaction Score
I’m all for him chasing his dreams, but if he’s not projected till the later rounds and he’s abouy tj get good NIL money why not stay and work on your game?

None of us know his NIL offers, what his projected draft # is, or how much he can expect to make going pro overseas.

Why do you assume a kid who has made nothing but good decisions has decided to do something stupid and out of his best interest now?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Tell that to Stanley Robinson

Reaction Score
I’m bummed that the team is losing Adama, Jordan and Naheem. I know it’s their decision and that this is what they want to do, but I’m sad they won’t be around next season. The team was so much fun to watch! Joey C gone too. Adama was such a force on offense- he really is going to be missed. UConn never had a big with his footwork!
This team was easy to love. Seeing it break up and change hurts much more than other years:(

Reaction Score
I doubt his stock could ever get higher than it is now. He was tremendous most all of the season and definitely in the tourney (Final Four MOP). It's the right time for him to make the jump. Sincerely wishing him all the best at the next level.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Octagon is a helluva agency to sign with. Great sign for him.
Other clients include Giannas and Steph Curry.
I like to hear that. Maybe they can hook him up with McHale or Duncan and help him with using the glass. Once he gets that down, I can't see why he can't be an Adrian Dantley for the 2020's.

Reaction Score
Cheer up.

UConn star Adama Sanogo announced Thursday that he's entering the 2023 NBA Draft and fully intends to remain in it. So I'm now projecting the 6-foot-9 center to depart the Big East program — but I'm still keeping the Huskies No. 1 in Version 5 of the 2023-24 CBS Sports preseason Top 25 And 1.

Donovan Clingan is the reason.

Reaction Score
Cheer up.

UConn star Adama Sanogo announced Thursday that he's entering the 2023 NBA Draft and fully intends to remain in it. So I'm now projecting the 6-foot-9 center to depart the Big East program — but I'm still keeping the Huskies No. 1 in Version 5 of the 2023-24 CBS Sports preseason Top 25 And 1.

Donovan Clingan is the reason.

Gary Parrish bullish on UConn

1681433845780.gif

Reaction Score

He isn't growing any taller and his stock isn't going to be higher than being MOP after this run.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom