Zags: Adama Sanogo declaring for the NBA Draft | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Zags: Adama Sanogo declaring for the NBA Draft

Reaction Score
PS I don’t think he was ever transferring. Not sure why that was thought about seriously.
This was what the D Goodman referred to on The Field of 68 after the championship when he was so giddy alluding to something big. It killed him not to spill the beans then.

Reaction Score
So awesome, it's amazing he wanted to stay considering his stock is probably as high as it can get without taking on a lot of risk. Shows how much he loves the School and our Program. Legend!!

Reaction Score
I get the miss him part, but don't give up on back to back aspirations just yet.
It will be a different team and we know this team was a proven winning formula. Other programs are also reaping the benefits of the portal, so it's back to a crap shoot for next year. Duke is now the favorite after this news hits the odds makers.

Reaction Score

Congrats to Adama for pursuing your dream. He really expanded his game this year and gave him his best chance on hooking on with an NBA team even as as undrafted signee. He will impress with his hard work and ability to adapt his game. He added outside shooting and ability to drive this year. I wish we saw more of a mid range game but that is something I have confidence he will develop. Thanks for bringing us home number #5 and good luck in making UCONN proud in the NBA. You will be missed!

Reaction Score
Second best UConn Big man of all time. His work ethic is unparalleled. He will defy the odds
Wait, so which one was the best? Emeka or Thatbeet? They both had more on D. But, yes! That footwork getting to the basket and making so many look silly trying to stop it. That was a thing of beauty watching it this season.. I wish him well. But secretly hope NIL is enough to lure him back and watch his craft and artwork one more time.

Reaction Score
Wait, so which one was the best? Emeka or Thatbeet? They both had more on D. But, yes! That footwork getting to the basket and making so many look silly trying to stop it. That was a thing of beauty watching it this season.. I wish him well. But secretly hope NIL is enough to lure him back and watch his craft and artwork one more time.
Emeka was clearly the best. I agree Sanogo is now second.

Reaction Score
No suprise and it’s the right decision, great for him and great for Clingan. He has earned it.

Reaction Score
His announcement from Octagon sounds pretty final but I guess he could still come back if the feedback indicates there's some development they'd like to see before he makes the final decision to stay in the draft.
As an aside, as a native French speaker he could make some good money in France and hone his skills there too.

Reaction Score
It will be a different team and we know this team was a proven winning formula. Other programs are also reaping the benefits of the portal, so it's back to a crap shoot for next year. Duke is now the favorite after this news hits the odds makers.

You're having a very strange reaction to all of this. There was never a possibility that everyone was coming back, nor is it in everyone's best interests to do so.

Reaction Score
This was what the D Goodman referred to on The Field of 68 after the championship when he was so giddy alluding to something big. It killed him not to spill the beans then.
I thought he said he knew someone was transferring out and couldn’t say who it was.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anyone have any idea how Hawkins & Sonogo impact APR?
Isn’t there an exemption for players who are leaving to go to the NBA as long as they are in good standing now, I think we are fine.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Congratulations to a Huskie who belongs in the ring of honor. His hard work made him better every year, imagine what he will do in the NBA. Make us proud, Adama!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I don't think he is a long-shot to make the NBA at all. In all likelihood, he won't be a high first round pick, but he has the size, strength, lateral mobility along with superb offensive skill to have a long career.

I looked at each of the NBA rosters on ESPN and saw how many players there are within 10 lbs. and 1 inch of height of Adama to see if his body type is common. Only five teams did not have a player that falls within this range. Denver has 5 players that do. Several of the players are NBA starters. Many of the players have had 10-plus year careers and have made huge fortunes. Many of the players do not have the reputation as shooters. 4 of them are listed as starting centers or play near starters minutes.

Some have said that Adama is significantly shorter than his listed height. I'm not sure that this is correct, he was certainly about 2 inches taller than the Miami center who was listed as 6' 7". I guess we will see when the combine measurements come out.
Go Adama!

Reaction Score
As the Brits might say, "The King is dead (ie gone). Long live the new King (ie King Kong)!"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom