WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT)

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
You think Lagow shrunk from the competition? You don't think he was told there would be no comeptition after he drove 2000 miles to get here? And you think he remedied that by enrolling at a school with less competition - like Okie State? INTERESTING.

I do think Lagow 'shrank' from competition - his dads words basically said that at about signing time - they were disappointed that UConn had recruited another QB in his class, if my memory is correct.

I do not think he was told there would be no competition - and I despise PP - but that rarely occurs these days.

There was a article a few days ago about Lagow where Lagow himself stated someone told him OK ST needed a QB and when he got there he realized they didn't - true story.

So yes, Lagow.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There was a article a few days ago about Lagow where Lagow himself stated someone told him OK ST needed a QB and when he got there he realized they didn't - true story.

Apparently the Kid from Texas is not aware of that passing fad called the Internet (though he seemed pretty active on Twitter). He couldn't look ahead to count the 7 QBs that Oklahoma State already had on their roster.

Reaction Score
Tuesday's Meriden Record-Journal had a feature article on Rose in its sports section.
Highlights:
Schools that have offered: UConn, BC, West Va., Maryland, Pitt, Wisconsin, Temple, UMass, N.C. State, Syracuse, Wake Forest.
"Academics are number one...Luckily I have a few opportunities to play in the ACC, where there are some top academic schools, but they're all top academic schools and none of them are that far from home." (Wisconsin?)
"Rose would prefer to play quarterback, but wants what will offer him the best chance to play."
"If I was to go as a quarterback and it didn't work out, I could still move to tight end. It's definitely something that I have to figure out,"...
"Playing another year at quarterback will probably influence me toward the decision to play quarterback, but I'm trying to play at the next level. I don't want to be a bench player the next four years of my life."
"He spoke of the draw that UConn offers, being able to play in front of many family & friends." He spoke highly of the opportunities the ACC offers from both an academic and a football standpoint."
"Charecter has become an important part of football these days and I want to be known for my charecter."

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Difficult to imagine UConn beating out the likes of Maryland and Wisconsin. We should offer him as a QB regardless of whether or not we think he's cut out to be a college quarterback. Seems like a way to get a foot in the door, and he said himself that he'd be fine switching to TE if he couldn't prove himself at QB. Then we end up with a Big 10 level talent at TE.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Difficult to imagine UConn beating out the likes of Maryland and Wisconsin. We should offer him as a QB regardless of whether or not we think he's cut out to be a college quarterback. Seems like a way to get a foot in the door, and he said himself that he'd be fine switching to TE if he couldn't prove himself at QB. Then we end up with a Big 10 level talent at TE.
NO!

I should offer you a job at CNN - then send you to the front lines of Syria to cover ISIS.

Be upfront and honest, goes further.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
NO!

I should offer you a job at CNN - then send you to the front lines of Syria to cover ISIS.

Be upfront and honest, goes further.
I would have no problem offering him as a QB regardless of whether or not the staff believed he would cut it, so long as they actually give him a fair shot at making it as a QB.

If you're offering him as a QB just to then say he's not good enough after a week of practice, that's too slimy for my taste.

Reaction Score

From above: http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-jasen-rose-0621-20150620-story.html

>>Maryland is recruiting Rose as a tight end. Boston College and UConn are recruiting Rose as a quarterback. And it doesn't matter that the Huskies received their first commitment of 2016 Thursday from a quarterback, Donovan Williams, from Virginia. The staff is well aware of the program's quarterback issues of the past and the ones it experienced last year, Diaco's first season.<<

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
What I meant to say is this--with our decade - long QB debacle why not take a flyer on Jay Rose at QB and give him the opportunity even if he appears to be a superior tight end. If it doesn't work out, he seems fine with playing TE so we either end up with our starting QB or a superior TE. It's a win win, I didn't mean to infer that we should mislead him without intention of giving him an opportunity at QB

Reaction Score
OMG... Was speaking with a high school asst. coach a couple of days ago. In his opinion, Jay Rose is the best player coming out of the CT. schoolboy scene since Dwight Freeney. High Praise indeed. My jaw dropped when he said it.
No wonder the kid has so many offers.

Reaction Score
OMG... Was speaking with a high school asst. coach a couple of days ago. In his opinion, Jay Rose is the best player coming out of the CT. schoolboy scene since Dwight Freeney. High Praise indeed. My jaw dropped when he said it.
Better than Aaron Hernandez? That would be impressive. He was a beast in HS.

Reaction Score

He was back on UConn campus visiting the other day. #hardsell

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
He was back on UConn campus visiting the other day. #hardsell
Let's hope that it is an omen of good things to come. Have heard that he wants to stay local to be able to play in front of his family. If that's true, it's UConn vs. Addazio & the Thunderchickens for his services. Keeping fingers crossed.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I would bet UConn will give him every opportunity to be the next quarterback and have the back up plan of playing tight end. Either way I hope he ends up in Storrs for his next five years or so.

Reaction Score
I would bet UConn will give him every opportunity to be the next quarterback and have the back up plan of playing tight end. Either way I hope he ends up in Storrs for his next five years or so.
I doubt they are recruiting him as a quarterback they are probably selling to him that he can come and play some tight end right away as a freshman

Reaction Score
I doubt they are recruiting him as a quarterback they are probably selling to him that he can come and play some tight end right away as a freshman

Post 158 above:

>>Maryland is recruiting Rose as a tight end. Boston College and UConn are recruiting Rose as a quarterback. And it doesn't matter that the Huskies received their first commitment of 2016 Thursday from a quarterback, Donovan Williams, from Virginia. The staff is well aware of the program's quarterback issues of the past and the ones it experienced last year, Diaco's first season.<<

Reaction Score
Tuesday's Meriden Record-Journal had a feature article on Rose in its sports section.
Highlights:
Schools that have offered: UConn, BC, West Va., Maryland, Pitt, Wisconsin, Temple, UMass, N.C. State, Syracuse, Wake Forest.
"Academics are number one...Luckily I have a few opportunities to play in the ACC, where there are some top academic schools, but they're all top academic schools and none of them are that far from home." (Wisconsin?)
"Rose would prefer to play quarterback, but wants what will offer him the best chance to play."
"If I was to go as a quarterback and it didn't work out, I could still move to tight end. It's definitely something that I have to figure out,"...
"Playing another year at quarterback will probably influence me toward the decision to play quarterback, but I'm trying to play at the next level. I don't want to be a bench player the next four years of my life."
"He spoke of the draw that UConn offers, being able to play in front of many family & friends." He spoke highly of the opportunities the ACC offers from both an academic and a football standpoint."
"Charecter has become an important part of football these days and I want to be known for my charecter."
Coach I looked at this list of schools again and if he doesn't go to UCONN I have this feeling he will go to Pitt or Wisconsin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom