WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT)

Reaction Score
That's the problem. Unfortunately, some of these conferences are too big and the teams are required to play each other. That leaves little or no out of conference games, so the better teams around the state cannot play each other. I think we would all love to see Southington and all of the other better teams play against each other, if they were willing to. But the CIAC and the conferences have no interest in that. There are just too many teams that get crushed throughout the season because they are mandated to play teams that they have no business stepping on a field with. The best answer would really be to not have conferences. Now, that obviously would never happen. But then no team would have excuses if they stacked their schedule with cupcakes.

Reaction Score
I think Rose and family should focus on one more year of HS football and prove to the state, the FCIAC, the SCC, and college recruiters that this years LL championship wasn't a fluke. I mean if he's as good as everyone says he ought to be able to carry any team to the playoffs. Anyone know how things are stacking up for Southington next year?

Something tells me that the Rose family isn't too concerned with proving anything to the state, FCIAC, or the SCC. As for the recruiters, it sure looks like they have already taken notice and spoken. We are six months from his senior season and the offers are stacking up high. The recruiters are taking notice of something because if you look at comparable TE on Rivals, most haven't gotten more then one offer each from mediocre schools. It doesn't look the majors think he's a fluke.

School Interest Offer Visit Recruited by
Boston Coll.
Medium Offered None
Connecticut Medium Offered None
Duke Medium None
Indiana Medium None
Kentucky Medium None
Maryland Medium Offered None Chad Wilt, Keith Dudzinski
Michigan St. Medium None
N.C. State Medium Offered None
Northern Illinois Medium None
Penn St. Medium None
Pittsburgh Medium Offered None Tim Salem
Purdue Medium None
Wake Forest Medium Offered None
West Virginia Medium Offered None

Reaction Score
Well said Husky72. He has nothing to prove to any conference- only to the college recruiters. And they become more aware of him every day. What the recruiting sites don't say is that a lot of the interest coming in now for Rose is at QB, not TE. I think over the summer he's going to prove himself to the recruiters even more as a QB. The problem for us is that UConn isn't making a push for Rose, even though they have a huge need for a QB. Maybe it's because the CT QB's just haven't panned out for them in the past, with a few exceptions. Maybe it's because they can't decide what kind of offense they plan on running. Can't really say. But he's got to have some talent if all of those college coaches who do this for a living are interested in him.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Something tells me that the Rose family isn't too concerned with proving anything to the state, FCIAC, or the SCC. As for the recruiters, it sure looks like they have already taken notice and spoken. We are six months from his senior season and the offers are stacking up high. The recruiters are taking notice of something because if you look at comparable TE on Rivals, most haven't gotten more then one offer each from mediocre schools. It doesn't look the majors think he's a fluke.

School Interest Offer Visit Recruited by
Boston Coll.
Medium Offered None
Connecticut Medium Offered None
Duke Medium None
Indiana Medium None
Kentucky Medium None
Maryland Medium Offered None Chad Wilt, Keith Dudzinski
Michigan St. Medium None
N.C. State Medium Offered None
Northern Illinois Medium None
Penn St. Medium None
Pittsburgh Medium Offered None Tim Salem
Purdue Medium None
Wake Forest Medium Offered None
West Virginia Medium Offered None

Do you know which position each offer is under?
Are these all TE offers or QB offers?

Thanks.

Reaction Score
At least 5 teams on Husky72's list for offers/interest are for QB. My last post is also no longer correct in one regard. UConn has very recently had Rose in and discussed QB with him. It looks like they are becoming more interested in him at that position.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Which 2 didn't offer him as QB?

W va and pitt?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It's been no secret in here that I would love to see him commit to UConn. But it doesn't take away from the fact that UConn is really doing nothing to get him, where other schools have shown much more interest. I get it- that's part of recruiting. Not everybody is loved. But they certainly have more need for a QB than most of the schools out there. I think everybody would agree on that.
This is no slight towards you or Jay. As a Southington resident I'd love to see the kid play for UConn. However, did anyone stop to think that maybe UConn is showing little interest because he doesn't either fit their long term view of where they want the QB position to be or they don't see him as a RKG? I'm not bashing the kid as he was phenomenal this past season for Southington. I wish him all the best at the next level wherever he lands. However, just because the kid is from CT doesn't mean UConn needs to be falling over itself trying to get him. I really think that the whole notion of keeping instate kids instate is overrated at times. It all comes down to what the team needs and how they envision the type of player they need. Maybe Rose doesn't fit their profile for whatever reason, hence why they aren't going after him. I'm sure they aren't oblivious to seeing other schools going after him. My guess is, they have other players in their sites that they value more for one reason or another.

Reaction Score
This is no slight towards you or Jay. As a Southington resident I'd love to see the kid play for UConn. However, did anyone stop to think that maybe UConn is showing little interest because he doesn't either fit their long term view of where they want the QB position to be or they don't see him as a RKG? I'm not bashing the kid as he was phenomenal this past season for Southington. I wish him all the best at the next level wherever he lands. However, just because the kid is from CT doesn't mean UConn needs to be falling over itself trying to get him. I really think that the whole notion of keeping instate kids instate is overrated at times. It all comes down to what the team needs and how they envision the type of player they need. Maybe Rose doesn't fit their profile for whatever reason, hence why they aren't going after him. I'm sure they aren't oblivious to seeing other schools going after him. My guess is, they have other players in their sites that they value more for one reason or another.
Uconn wants him at QB. The new OC had him in a turned up the pressure for him to sign. Honestly you are right by saying maybe he doesn't fit their vision but they already signed two QB's and while there is no guarantee how someone will perform at the next level, would you rather have a QB that threw 12 td's and completes 55% like the two they already signed or a monster that completes 70% and 47tds? In state or out? They signed the kid from new Canaan. While I don't want to bash a young mans skills, it looks like they aren't shying away from instate kids and that kid doesn't look like the future. At least on the stat line. I never saw him toss the ball. I have seen jay every game and the boy stands tall, looks down field and goes threw progressions like no other QB I have seen at 16 years old. QB schools are BC, uconn and soon to be Pitt. He is so committed to the game and he is so good so young. Even with the past busts coming out of CT high schools, we would be very lucky to get him at uconn. He's going to be a star. I have a feeling that he will have a dozen schools recruiting his as QB by the end of summer.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Uconn wants him at QB. The new OC had him in a turned up the pressure for him to sign. Honestly you are right by saying maybe he doesn't fit their vision but they already signed two QB's and while there is no guarantee how someone will perform at the next level, would you rather have a QB that threw 12 td's and completes 55% like the two they already signed or a monster that completes 70% and 47tds? In state or out? They signed the kid from new Canaan. While I don't want to bash a young mans skills, it looks like they aren't shying away from instate kids and that kid doesn't look like the future. At least on the stat line. I never saw him toss the ball. I have seen jay every game and the boy stands tall, looks down field and goes threw progressions like no other QB I have seen at 16 years old. QB schools are BC, uconn and soon to be Pitt. He is so committed to the game and he is so good so young. Even with the past busts coming out of CT high schools, we would be very lucky to get him at uconn. He's going to be a star. I have a feeling that he will have a dozen schools recruiting his as QB by the end of summer.
I'm not doubting anything you said in regards to his skill set. I was just saying that there could be a reason UConn isn't hot on his heels like BC currently is. I have no iota what it could be but I'm not on the staff nor have any clue what goes on with their recruiting strategy. So it's hard for me to keep hearing how UConn is "doing nothing" and falling behind and seeing people blaming them when there might actually be a reason they aren't pursuing him more. Hope he comes here but if he doesn't I wish him well and hope that our staff had their reasons for not being more proactive.

Reaction Score
When did UCONN sign a QB from New Canaan? Last I saw they have offered a scholarship to Mike Collins QB New Canaan HS New Canaan CT....if he committed then you are the only one on this board that has heard about it.

Reaction Score
When did UCONN sign a QB from New Canaan? Last I saw they have offered a scholarship to Mike Collins QB New Canaan HS New Canaan CT....if he committed then you are the only one on this board that has heard about it.
That may be my mistake. I thought I saw that he accepted but either way they offered him a QB spot. I'm not going to lie. I'm a little bitter towards uconn football. They continue to demand three year contracts from their fans and it is almost impossible to have a worse offense. I never thought of myself as a fair whether fan. I have followed the BB team for 35 yrs through good and bad because they always make strides. Even this year, I feel good that they will put a great team on the floor next year or the year after. The hockey games at the xl have been great and exiting. I wouldn't even care if the football team loses ever single game. Just score touchdowns and make things exciting!!! That's not a lot to ask for as a fan. I'm not even asking for a winning record but they recruit kids that no one else, other than D1a teams, would want at major positions. The major football camps are starting next month. Keep an eye out. Maybe I'm right and maybe I'm not but I would expect #20 to fair very very well. They are only regionals but all the scouts will be there. If they like what they see you will know by the end of may. If he is that good, he won't have to win the competitions in order for more big D1 teams to notice. I just hope that uconn recruiters don't feel like they don't have a chance to get him.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
That may be my mistake. I thought I saw that he accepted but either way they offered him a QB spot. I'm not going to lie. I'm a little bitter towards uconn football. They continue to demand three year contracts from their fans and it is almost impossible to have a worse offense. I never thought of myself as a fair whether fan. I have followed the BB team for 35 yrs through good and bad because they always make strides. Even this year, I feel good that they will put a great team on the floor next year or the year after. The hockey games at the xl have been great and exiting. I wouldn't even care if the football team loses ever single game. Just score touchdowns and make things exciting!!! That's not a lot to ask for as a fan. I'm not even asking for a winning record but they recruit kids that no one else, other than D1a teams, would want at major positions. The major football camps are starting next month. Keep an eye out. Maybe I'm right and maybe I'm not but I would expect #20 to fair very very well. They are only regionals but all the scouts will be there. If they like what they see you will know by the end of may. If he is that good, he won't have to win the competitions in order for more big D1 teams to notice. I just hope that uconn recruiters don't feel like they don't have a chance to get him.

You are obviously over 40 years of age as you stated you have followed UConn BB for 35 years but maybe your memory is failing you - ie Dom Perno years - good for you that you hung around for the success. With that being said you might want to stay on the BB or hockey board, or verify you have thick skin as you begin travels on this rocky road you are paving.

I know you claim he will be the best QB ever to come out of CT, and time will tell, but you seem offended right now and if he does end up at UConn and has a three pick day I suggest you stay off the board.

I wish him best of luck in future endeavors as he moves forward in his FB career - whether it's here, BC or Fordham.

Reaction Score
Back page of today's Hartford Courant Sports Section: Des Connor wrote on Jasen Rose's recruiting. Jay is saying all of the right things for public consumption about UConn, but he's appropriately noncommittal. Did say that he would like to make his decision before he starts his senior season at Southington. Two intriguing sentences: "He just might end up at Maryland,BC or UConn. 'I'd say it's a very good possibility.' Rose said."

Reaction Score
Back page of today's Hartford Courant Sports Section: Des Connor wrote on Jasen Rose's recruiting. Jay is saying all of the right things for public consumption about UConn, but he's appropriately noncommittal. Did say that he would like to make his decision before he starts his senior season at Southington. Two intriguing sentences: "He just might end up at Maryland,BC or UConn. 'I'd say it's a very good possibility.' Rose said."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-jasen-rose-0621-20150620-story.html

Reaction Score
Got a kick over Marinelli's statement that BC's coach has the edge in CT for now. With Marinelli, would UConn, or most anyone coaching UConn ever have any kind of an edge with him.

Reaction Score
Rose probably has a hard on for BC or Maryland. Seems most of these CT kids don't have the fortitude to build something great within their own state. Shame.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
- if he does want to play QB at the next level I would assume the QB from Va may affect this decision?

Reaction Score
No more so than Anthony Brown at BC would. We are both in the same boat there I think with a QB already committed.
BC may have a numbers crunch going on so that may be a factor in the decision.

Reaction Score
Why do folks assume that kids who have been competing at every stage of their life are now going to shy away from competition? If you believe Brown will scare him away from BC, have you seem MD's commit - #4 rated passer. And guess what, every one of these schools recurited a QB last year and will again next year. A kid like Rose, as is the case with all recruits, is looking for a fit - coach, team, university - it will do them no good to select a school based on other recruits. Heck, we've technically recruited 3 QBs in this class alone.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Why do folks assume that kids who have been competing at every stage of their life are now going to shy away from competition?

Lagow.

Reaction Score
You think Lagow shrunk from the competition? You don't think he was told there would be no comeptition after he drove 2000 miles to get here? And you think he remedied that by enrolling at a school with less competition - like Okie State? INTERESTING.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom