WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT)

Reaction Score
I can see this thread turning in to a similar thread involving a certain Tx player's father from couple yrs ago especially with that 4 yr starter comment.
Don't trash the kids dad. He has nothing to do with me being a fan of his kid. I won't post anymore. I just read these posts and I finally wanted to say something because everyone was still debating whether he is a QB or a TE. I just wanted to let you all know that he is a QB and I got sucked in. Have fun.

Reaction Score
When did I trash his dad? I was just saying I can see it heading towards a thread similar to one that happened a couple yrs ago.

Reaction Score
Don't trash the kids dad. He has nothing to do with me being a fan of his kid. I won't post anymore. I just read these posts and I finally wanted to say something because everyone was still debating whether he is a QB or a TE. I just wanted to let you all know that he is a QB and I got sucked in. Have fun.
How did he in any way trash his dad?

Reaction Score
How did he in any way trash his dad?

Buffett10 didn't trash his dad. The TX dad thread reference just scared him off. He's not used to how things are said in here and that people just state their opinions about certain things. Most of us know it's nothing personal. I think Husky72 might be the dad of one of Jay's teammates and he's excited about the kid. A lot of people are. Hence, some of the unrealistic comparisons.

I don't know what happened with any thread and a TX player's dad, but I can tell you that there won't be anything negative that can be run back to Jay's dad in regard to Jay's recruitment. I know the parents for about 30 years (boy, is that dating myself) and he's about as level headed a man as you will find.

I think some of the comparisons that are floating around are just not fair to this kid. Yes, he is very good and some well known programs are now sniffing around him- and yes, it's for QB. But in fairness to him, nobody knows how good he can be. For every Steve Young, there are hundreds who are touted and don't make it- they just disappear.

Jay is a good kid and his family are really good people. He's also a really good HS football player. The NFL references are exciting, but hey, Saturdays come first. This is a great experience for him. I'd love to see him at The Rent in a couple of years, but who knows how interested UConn is in him.

Reaction Score
You are right. I forgot about Steve young. Second best then. I'm joking but serious about his talent and ability. He has it all. He is huge, accurate, smart. He already plays the game like a pro in terms of reading defense, going through progressions and slipping and sliding in the pocket all while looking down field for the open receiver. You just don't see that in high school players. At least I never have but I also never saw Steve young play in high school.
Just Steve Young???? Rose is also still standing in a long line behind guys like Rico Brogna, Kurt Horton, Dan Orlovsky, Sandy Osciecki, Casey Cochran, Lance Lonergan, Rick Robustelli, as far as I'm concerned. He needs set some state records, and still needs to prove himself in college like Tim Boyle needs to.

Reaction Score
Saw Jasen's dad at the hockey game Friday evening & spoke with him during the first intermission. Have known him for years as he a rep. for one of my vendors. He's a big hockey fan.

Reaction Score
Saw Jasen's dad at the hockey game Friday evening & spoke with him during the first intermission. Have known him for years as he a rep. for one of my vendors. He's a big hockey fan.

... and?

You really didn't come here to tell us he's a hockey fan - did ya? Are we suppose to read between the lines? ;)

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
;););):)
... and?

You really didn't come here to tell us he's a hockey fan - did ya? Are we suppose to read between the lines? ;)
The kid is going to bring a championship to New Hampshire???
:)

Reaction Score
... and?

We've spoken colleges in general. Jasen wants to play qb at the next level. Parents want him to go to an institution with great academics.

Reaction Score
BC offered him as a QB over the weekend. Makes sense as they have 2 TE's already committed for 2016. So the answer is, he is a QB in another school's eye.

Reaction Score
And do you really believe the Dazzler was being honest with him, or just trying to get him in the class so he can move him later? Does he fit the bill of what they've been recruiting at the QB position?

Reaction Score
The kid will commit to BC,
most likely end up playing TE/WR.
And will Love it there

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
And will Love it there

If BC needs a QB we have a 3 star named Boyle...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
And will Love it there

He thinks he is a quarterback as do I. If his heart is set one way why would he going to a school that needs a running quarterback and throws it little.

Reaction Score
The family is into hockey because Jay's older brother played for a while. They used to build a rink in their back yard for him to practice on. His brother is now playing football at CCSU, but they still follow hockey.

BC tried getting Jay to commit while on campus. They want him at QB and put on a press to get him to commit that day. But he's going to Dilfer's Elite 11 QB camp this summer and he isn't committing anywhere until after that at the soonest. The interest in him at QB is picking up rapidly. More schools have been looking at him lately. He's been getting invited to more schools and camps, so his options are growing quickly. Anyone trying to get him at TE can pretty much forget it.

As for UConn, they aren't showing any interest whatsoever, compared to the other schools. They just keep falling further behind on getting this kid. And BC keeps chugging along trying to get him. Look, I can't stand BC and I'd hate to see him end up there. But let's be realistic, they are giving him the most interest right now, so they are certainly ahead of UConn.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The family is into hockey because Jay's older brother played for a while. They used to build a rink in their back yard for him to practice on. His brother is now playing football at CCSU, but they still follow hockey.

BC tried getting Jay to commit while on campus. They want him at QB and put on a press to get him to commit that day. But he's going to Dilfer's Elite 11 QB camp this summer and he isn't committing anywhere until after that at the soonest. The interest in him at QB is picking up rapidly. More schools have been looking at him lately. He's been getting invited to more schools and camps, so his options are growing quickly. Anyone trying to get him at TE can pretty much forget it.

As for UConn, they aren't showing any interest whatsoever, compared to the other schools. They just keep falling further behind on getting this kid. And BC keeps chugging along trying to get him. Look, I can't stand BC and I'd hate to see him end up there. But let's be realistic, they are giving him the most interest right now, so they are certainly ahead of UConn.

If he's an Elite 11 kid, we're wasting our time. Our program and staff are not in a state where they can compete with high-major P5 interest. It sucks considering he's local, but if his trajectory stays like this, I don't see him even batting an eye at UCONN or BC when it all comes down to it.

Reaction Score

I hope that Jay chooses to attend UCONN to play football...but with all this BC talk I can't help but think about 2 former highly rated CT HS qb's who went to college as QB's and were turned into TE's. Jordan Reed is one...and the one who really comes to mind is Parade All American David Thompson from Hand. He was one of the top qb recruits in the country in 1985:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...CVSAAAAIBAJ&sjid=DDYNAAAAIBAJ&pg=1383,1712379
By the time he ended his career on the hill he was a seldom used tight end.

Reaction Score
If he's an Elite 11 kid, we're wasting our time. Our program and staff are not in a state where they can compete with high-major P5 interest. It sucks considering he's local, but if his trajectory stays like this, I don't see him even batting an eye at UCONN or BC when it all comes down to it.

Not to take anything away from him but he's not an Elite 11 kid yet. All he's done is submit his stats/film/and coach's recommendation to Elite 11 and they have invited him to one of their 13 regional camps. These are like the tryouts in which their performance determines whether or not they are selected to the actual Elite 11 after all the regional camps are completed. That's in like late June/early July if I recall correctly. So there is still a shot UConn can land him as long as they start making a press like the other schools already recruiting him.

Reaction Score
Not to take anything away from him but he's not an Elite 11 kid yet. All he's done is submit his stats/film/and coach's recommendation to Elite 11 and they have invited him to one of their 13 regional camps. These are like the tryouts in which their performance determines whether or not they are selected to the actual Elite 11 after all the regional camps are completed. That's in like late June/early July if I recall correctly. So there is still a shot UConn can land him as long as they start making a press like the other schools already recruiting him.

MJB14- You are absolutely correct. I just didn't want to get into details about the whole Elite 11 process in my initial post saying he is going. However, it should also be noted, that the Elite 11 regionals are part of the Elite 11 camp and process, and they are not open to any player like the "regular" camps are. There is still a selection process for the regionals, which he was selected for. So, you are correct, he does still have to pass through another phase before getting to the actual camp. But getting this far in that process is a nice accomplishment in and of itself.

It's been no secret in here that I would love to see him commit to UConn. But it doesn't take away from the fact that UConn is really doing nothing to get him, where other schools have shown much more interest. I get it- that's part of recruiting. Not everybody is loved. But they certainly have more need for a QB than most of the schools out there. I think everybody would agree on that.

Reaction Score
I think Rose and family should focus on one more year of HS football and prove to the state, the FCIAC, the SCC, and college recruiters that this years LL championship wasn't a fluke. I mean if he's as good as everyone says he ought to be able to carry any team to the playoffs. Anyone know how things are stacking up for Southington next year?

Reaction Score
I think Rose and family should focus on one more year of HS football and prove to the state, the FCIAC, the SCC, and college recruiters that this years LL championship wasn't a fluke. I mean if he's as good as everyone says he ought to be able to carry any team to the playoffs. Anyone know how things are stacking up for Southington next year?
As a dad of former Southington players, the stock answer is: It's Southington, who else is there?:cool:
In all honesty though, whoever wins the Southington-Glastonbury game will be the Standard bearer. Cheshire (an out of conference matchup) is always a tough game. With the exception of local rival New Britain, no other team has the passion to play with the Knights. A season or two ago, Windsor was put on the Knights schedule & their athletic department informed the CCC that they'd rather forfeit the game. I'd love to see the Knights play against Xavier, Hand, West Haven, etc. but that's out of the realm of possibility during the regular season due to the CCC's mammoth size.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom