WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT)

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
If you've ever been to Madison... it would be pretty damn hard to turn down Wisconsin.

Awesome campus, awesome football atmosphere.

With that said, I really hope Rose chooses to stay home.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We have openings at both QB and TE, jus' sayin'.

Reaction Score
No BC. Which means UCONN is the only school on the list offering him at QB correct?

Reaction Score
syracuse is the only school that does not make sense. Wake forest is the best academically and he will get playing time fairly easily. Wisconsin is the best football school by far and is very good academically. Uconn is the instate school that wants him to play QB instead of TE and is as good or better academically than syracuse.

So the guy who made that is very likely to be disappointed.

Reaction Score
UConn Football Recruit Rose Talks Final Four
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...uit-rose-talks-final-four-20150818-story.html

>>"Well, I've been talking to a lot of kids that have committed to UConn in the 2016 class and almost every single one of the kids committed is a three-star player or higher," Rose said. "I think UConn has a special class coming in in 2016 and it's really keeping me intrigued on UConn. If we could be the class that turns the UConn program around in my home state that would be awesome. I'd be 40 minutes from home. I mean UConn has a lot offer when it comes to that stuff."<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn Football Recruit Rose Talks Final Four
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...uit-rose-talks-final-four-20150818-story.html

>>"Well, I've been talking to a lot of kids that have committed to UConn in the 2016 class and almost every single one of the kids committed is a three-star player or higher," Rose said. "I think UConn has a special class coming in in 2016 and it's really keeping me intrigued on UConn. If WE could be the class that turns the UConn program around in my home state that would be awesome. I'd be 40 minutes from home. I mean UConn has a lot offer when it comes to that stuff."<<

There's a lot to like in this passage, especially the part I bolded. I'm probably reading way too much into it, but the fact that he included himself in the possibility of being a big part of the turnaround has to be a good sign, no?

Also, another good sign is that this 2016 class seems to be following last years class in terms of contact with each other and reaching out to other recruits. Doesn't seem to be as public as it was with Tyler Davis last year, but they're obviously following that lead.

Reaction Score
Highlight of my day--tweeted at Jay Rose saying, "Cuse is a joke" and he favorited it.
LOL. If he does commit to them after that, that's almost as bad as the kid tweeting about Kobe and then becoming his teammate!

Reaction Score
Getting a player of Rose's stature from our state would be a great feather in Diaco's cap. Also nice to see a highly regarded CT player talking about being part of turning UCONN football around. At first I thought we had no chance with him, but I have a good feeling we land him. No inside info, but all his statements have gotten me very enthused . Come to UCONN Jay.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Getting a player of Rose's stature from our state would be a great feather in Diaco's cap. Also nice to see a highly regarded CT player talking about being part of turning UCONN football around. At first I thought we had no chance with him, but I have a good feeling we land him. No inside info, but all his statements have gotten me very enthused . Come to UCONN Jay.
Sort of like that Tim Boyle kid.

Not saying - just saying...

Reaction Score
Sort of like that Tim Boyle kid.

Not saying - just saying...

It must be nice to take shots at teenagers via social media. You cant be a parent of a kid who competes in anything and act like an internet a*hole as to other kids. Just saying ....

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
It must be nice to take shots at teenagers via social media. You cant be a parent of a kid who competes in anything and act like an internet a*hole as to other kids. Just saying ....

My kids compete in education.

The truth isn't a shot.

Do you critique negatively any one players play during the season? I will have to look back to read the OBI posts from last year and see how you defended that young 19 year old.

And you lost the argument by name calling - BY Rule 3.43.11 - just sayin'...

Gblow8690

The So Called Troll
Reaction Score
Taking a shot at Tim Boyle is cowardly sorry. Not every kid turns out to be as good as they are hyped. Actually most probably don't and I am sure the Boyle kid is giving it his best shot. If you are or were in the Marines thanks for your service but don't take a shot at a young kid who is busting his ass to be better.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I,
I've seen both play in HS. Tim Boyle is not in Rose's class. Not knocking Boyle who is a good QB but Rose is probably 2 stars better.

I've seen both as well and thought Tim took more chances but is not as good as Rose imho. Rose is a better athlete too. I like both a lot though coming out of high school

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I've heard its between UConn and Wake.

I just rewatched his HUDL film and was impressed. He would be a great addition to the UConn family and really could be a key piece to furthering the rebuilding process.

Reaction Score
I've heard its between UConn and Wake.
I love hearing this because if it is true ( not saying it is not) I really like our chances. Would be very surprised (and incredibly disappointed) if he chose Wake over UConn.

But I will say this you never know why a kid picks a certain school, and obviously Wake is a great school ( academically) in a P5 conference.

Reaction Score
Here's a point to ponder:
Today's Meriden Record-Journal has an article on Southington's first day of football practice yesterday.
Chew on this tidbit about Jayson Rose: ".. the 6-foot-4, 225lb. QB has narrowed a considerable list of suitors to Syracuse, UConn, Wake Forest, and Wisconsin.
He has visited the first two schools. He has not visited the latter two. Still, he hopes to make his decision in the next 2-3 weeks before the season starts."
" 'I narrowed it down to the four two days ago. Now the next step is sitting down with the family, a few coaches and figuring out which is the best fit for me' said Rose. 'I've got the Syracuse and UConn pros and cons weighed out. I did that with my dad. Now we have to sit down and do the pros and cons with Wake Forest and Wisconsin.'"

Just my own take: How does one make an informed decision about which University to attend if one hasn't visited two out of the four campuses? If, indeed Jay Rose decides in the next couple of weeks, I think that it's between Syracuse & UConn. The fly in the ointment is that one of the coaches on Southington's staff is former Southington qb-te & Syracuse te Rob Thomson. Ouch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom