What is our biggest key to success this year? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

What is our biggest key to success this year?

What is the biggest key to success this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't get no respect; only five votes for Gabby. Geno did say she was a game changer at least in one game.;)
I should have entitled the thread "Who" instead of "What".
Gabby played very well, especially for a frosh in a new position. But minutes have to come from somewhere. I suspect that hers will be down slightly given the talent we have coming in and Natalie being eligible to play.

Reaction Score
Gabby played very well, especially for a frosh in a new position. But minutes have to come from somewhere. I suspect that hers will be down slightly given the talent we have coming in and Natalie being eligible to play.
She'll drive the coaches nuts. She is so anxious to be on the floor.

Reaction Score

I LOVE Gabby's game and the excitement and energy she brought whenever she stepped on the court. I really hope you are wrong, but I'm really afraid you are right. :(

Reaction Score
Regarding Natalie Butler, I'm actually encouraged by the fact she averaged an insane 36 minutes per game at Georgetown. I have to believe that as a freshman playing a demanding Big East schedule, Natalie's tank was running near empty as her minutes approached 25, 30 and beyond. Those are crazy playing time numbers for a young kid. It seems quite reasonable that the physical demands on Natalie's stamina and conditioning as a first year collegian had to wear the big kid down and reduce her productivity late in games. Simply too many minutes were asked of her, and I suspect the law of diminishing returns came into play. With fewer minutes, great conditioning, and a year older, Natalie won't be gassed after extended minutes on court, and she should be able to maintain a higher level of play. She has made several comments this past season that as a result of working out with the team she is now stronger and in better shape than ever before.

I don't think she'll put up 13 ppg and 13 rpg GTown numbers, but I do think with reduced playing time, an incredible array of talented teammates, and the best coaching in America that she will do that which is needed of her for the team to achieve its ultimate goal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01