What is our biggest key to success this year? | The Boneyard

What is our biggest key to success this year?

What is the biggest key to success this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
By success I mean our 4th straight NC, nothing less.
We know what we have in Mo, Stewie and Morgan so what's next in importance?
I voted Gabby.

Last edited:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
10385510.jpg

Reaction Score
I should have selected OTHER ---All the Above--because with USC, Duke, Vols, and a couple of other "reloading" I believe this will be an interesting season. I selected Freshmen stepping up--But Butler, and Other's were, in my opinion, good choices too.

Reaction Score
Mo Jeff must remaain healthy. She has the ability to orchestrate entire games. Tough to replace on short notice.

Reaction Score
I selected "Other". There will be so many variables for the teams success this season. To add to the list presented here, we are also looking at, like RockyMTblue2 points out, team chemistry. How will players adjust to going from the #1 or #2 option to just putting their game on the back burner in order for the good of the team? Also another factor to the team success will be how hungry will players be? Will they be motivated to go on the attack and just be cool with defending the title. Yeah I was watching the Geno Report again :) Like some motivational speaker said awhile back; "Everyone wants to be a beast, until they see what the beast does." And lastly, our defense will be another factor to the teams success. If the freshmen come in and play lights out defense and can score a few points. That is going to make our girls that much more dangerous and scary to face. That overall depth and balance.

Reaction Score
I selected "Other". There will be so many variables for the teams success this season. To add to the list presented here, we are also looking at, like RockyMTblue2 points out, team chemistry. How will players adjust to going from the #1 or #2 option to just putting their game on the back burner in order for the good of the team? Also another factor to the team success will be how hungry will players be? Will they be motivated to go on the attack and just be cool with defending the title. Yeah I was watching the Geno Report again :) Like some motivational speaker said awhile back; "Everyone wants to be a beast, until they see what the beast does." And lastly, our defense will be another factor to the teams success. If the freshmen come in and play lights out defense and can score a few points. That is going to make our girls that much more dangerous and scary to face. That overall depth and balance.

Staying Healthy. That's it!

Reaction Score
I voted Natalie Butler. If she can be productive offensively and defensively down low Stewie will be able to roam around and be a nightmare to guard.

Reaction Score
With the incredible depth of talent this year, it is hard to foresee enough issues popping up to derail this Uconn locomotive from running the table. However, to become arguably the greatest UCONN women's team ever, we will need both the chemistry to come together and to stay healthy. Now if they would just announce the schedule for the year so I can book my flights to SC!!!!! Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
I voted for other. If they can stay healthy they can win without Butler being a beast, without a breakout season by Saniya, without one of the freshman being a star, etc... ( I would like to see the definition for beast, star etc.)
Health will be enough.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I voted other. The key to our success in the coming season is that we have overwhelmingly the best roster and also the best by far coaching staff. Let the good times roll!!

Reaction Score
I would like to see a poll of which of those choices are most likely to happen. (My choice is one of the freshman becoming a star) Depending on how you define star.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Our biggest concern this upcoming season, as is often the case, is to remain healthy. There are several keys, but if Natalie averages 10 and 10, plus 2 blocks, I think we'll be untouchable. The other starters are really, really good. Stewie, Moriah, and Morgan may all be top 5 players. I expect significant contributions from Gabby, Napheesa, and Lou at least.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
but if Natalie averages 10 and 10, plus 2 blocks, I think we'll be untouchable.

Whoa Nellie! Doubt she gets close to those numbers but it still shouldn't matter. Particularly if KLS and Collier are as good as I think the will be.

Reaction Score
I think the biggest area of concern is making sure the newcomers get integrated into the team and the team gels with them in the lineup.

I think there's very little chance that Natalie, Napheesa and KLS aren't going to be good. They need to be good and the team needs to find its identity offensively and defensively.

Saniya and Gabby improving would be great but I think the team could live with what they contributed last year.

Reaction Score
Whoa Nellie! Doubt she gets close to those numbers but it still shouldn't matter. Particularly if KLS and Collier are as good as I think the will be.

Butler averaged 13.9 ppg and 13.4 rebs as a freshman. I do not think 10 ppg and 10 rebs 2 years later is far fetched

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Butler averaged 13.9 ppg and 13.4 rebs as a freshman. I do not think 10 ppg and 10 rebs 2 years later is far fetched

In 36 minutes per game on a team where she was the best player. We're all seeing what Stokes could do with the reigns off a bit in the pros and she only averaged 4.5 points and 7 boards playing 18 minutes as a senior.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I used 10 and 10 as round numbers. Natalie will not shoot any/many treys, but I think she will have minutes and points comparable to what Kiah Nurse had this past season. I look for her to get lots of putbacks and FTAs. In terms of rebounding, she may be comparable to Tina and even Kiah in rebounding prowess. Assuming Natalie starts and plays 20+ minutes, I'd be disappointed if she doesn't average 8 and 7.

Reaction Score
In 36 minutes per game on a team where she was the best player. We're all seeing what Stokes could do with the reigns off a bit in the pros and she only averaged 4.5 points and 7 boards playing 18 minutes as a senior.

The best player normally draws the most defensive attention. Butler will be surrounded by great players at UConn, and should get more minutes, and more shots than Stokes.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I look for her to get lots of putbacks and FTAs.

The Huskies don't miss a lot of shots, remember. She's not going to have the putback opportunities she had at G-Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom