Update on the campus master plan | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Update on the campus master plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any time I see "Concerned Taxpayers of .... " I want to vomit. Our local collection of chuckle heads lost a $250,000 grant for a new high school baseball stadium... and then when the funds dried up largely because of their idiocy they were all up in arms that the money 'disappeared.' Our high school team plays it's games about 7 miles away from the high school at what amounts to a little league field. They were going to build the new stadium in a park the town already owns right across the street from the high school.

I love how these morons can actually believe that we are both the richest country on earth, and that we don't have the money to pay for ANYTHING... at the same time. Our local idiots have really hurt the school district over the last decade. We've had a population boom, but we haven't been able to build new schools, or expand existing ones. Meanwhile they had to close down two of them because of major issues with the buildings. Woo hoo!

I'm moving now largely because the schools have gotten A LOT worse.

Sounds like just about every other town I have heard of in CT, except for the major university thing.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Sounds like just about every other town I have heard of in CT, except for the major university thing.

This was in PA. Counties have a much more prominent role here and it was state money distributed by the county. We had already won the grant. It was basically free money already in the state budget. They held up the process so long, the program ended, and the money went back to the general fund. Then they couldn't understand why the money went away. So you want from yard signs that said "Stop the Stadium" to yard signs that said "Where'd the money go?"

But yeah this kind of behavior is hardly exclusive to my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom