UConn (only) recruiting (only) speculation | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn (only) recruiting (only) speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just still can’t believe it’s all coincidence that she followed all those UConn players and they all followed her back…I’m still hopeful.

Reaction Score
I just still can’t believe it’s all coincidence that she followed all those UConn players and they all followed her back…I’m still hopeful.

She didn't follow them, but she hasn't committed to Oklahoma. Just took a visit.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Not sure why you it was a swing and miss.
Do you mean "think" it was?

I don't at this point think that it "was". Jury still out. Waiting.

Point is, all of Skim Milkey's other cute little gifs seem to have been resolved favorably. Skim put one up for UConn on April 13 and all we got at this point is crickets and a visit to Oklahoma.

The waiting is the hardest part. Tom Petty was right.

Reaction Score
I think it was a hope that it won't be a swing and miss.......I'll be surprised if Beer doesn't take a visit to Texas on her tour.....the question is whether she has an interest in playing in the Northeast...
She’s visiting Oklahoma for what it’s worth.

Reaction Score
Agreed, recruits are allowed to take visits.
Sarah visited South Carolina, Oregon, North Carolina, and Duke. Look at where she landed. Azzi visited UCLA and look at where she landed. I think taking visits is smart, I’m sure her UConn visit is coming soon.

Reaction Score
Agreed, recruits are allowed to take visits.
Sarah visited South Carolina, Oregon, North Carolina, and Duke. Look at where she landed. Azzi visited UCLA and look at where she landed. I think taking visits is smart, I’m sure her UConn visit is coming soon.
Always save the BEST for last.

Reaction Score
Topdawg- - Not to worry, Raegan Beers excels at both ends of the court!
Sell the farm for Beers and Chen!
I am not concerned about the caliber and talent of these two players. They need to want to come to UConn.

We don't know the state of health of many on the current roster. It would be reasonable to assume that they are all eager to make significant contributions in the next season.

So, any new player joining the team has to be thinking, amongst other considerations, about playing time and the ability to showcase their talents to make it to the next level.

Eager to see how it plays out. I am sure our coaching staff would be considering "selling the farm" if that is what is call for!

Reaction Score
She’s visiting Oklahoma for what it’s worth.
Now Skim Milkey says that an Oregon State associate head coach is in discussions with Oklahoma to be added to their coaching staff........coincidence or a sign that a player or players may follow.....?

Reaction Score
Now Skim Milkey says that an Oregon State associate head coach is in discussions with Oklahoma to be added to their coaching staff........coincidence or a sign that a player or players may follow.....?
Now I'm curious what sort of culture shock would be involved for a bunch of kids from Corvallis to move to Norman.

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
Now I'm curious what sort of culture shock would be involved for a bunch of kids from Corvallis to move to Norman.
Well, it's not Portland to Norman. What if Rueck goes to Norman?

Reaction Score
If Rueck couldn't get it done at Oregon State, I don't get why his star players would follow him to Oklahoma. Personally. If I was a star player who wanted a legitimate shot at a title I'd be looking to move on and up.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Not Rueck. See latest from Skim. Associate HC at OSU in discussions to join OU staff.

Reaction Score
Well neither Corvallis nor Norman are the "College Basketball Capital of the World" - can't beat the atmosphere in Storrs Raegan!

Reaction Score
To my mind, the portal should be used (for us, anyway) for a top-flight post. Anything less would simply hinder development of the kids we have, and we're loaded with talent or up-and-coming talent at all other positions. Added players on a short-term basis would simply get in the way of the kids who have committed to the program and want to work hard and develop as a team with personnel consistently. Portal players are for bandaids, high school recruits make for long term, committed Huskies.
Totally agree. And there is still a scholarship offer "out there," awaiting a response, right?

Reaction Score
If Rueck couldn't get it done at Oregon State, I don't get why his star players would follow him to Oklahoma. Personally. If I was a star player who wanted a legitimate shot at a title I'd be looking to move on and up.
Perhaps you would like to rethink your comment regarding coach rueck (couldn’t get it done at Oregon State)
You do realize that osu got to the elite eight
And played a very competitive game with the national champion and at one time this year, which rank is higher a second in the country

Reaction Score
Not a fool but you are right about him using 15. Beers would be a 2 year gig and Geno has stated that he wanted transfers who had degrees. I think Chen would give him insurance on Fudd but I doubt Chen wants to be a sub. Beers, El Alfy, Brady & Patterson and Strong would give UConn a foul-proof front line.
Even if Geno had fifteen players and they all stayed healthy you would see the same six or seven players getting the bulk of the minutes and the other seven or eight handling the ball in the last two minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom