UConn (only) recruiting (only) speculation | The Boneyard

UConn (only) recruiting (only) speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
No lineup analysis, please. Use one of the other 3,563 threads for that.

UConn recruiting speculation welcome here
argh, sorry ... I was thinking about getting both Raegan & Kiki and it morphed into a how it could work. Mea culpa.

Reaction Score
If any of the portal transfers under consideration join the team the big question is would UConn's recruiting targets change for the next two years? I'm going to say no in all cases..........

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Aubrey and Q now following Raegan Beers

I hope she’s in CT for a visit. The men’s team and football teams have key recruits visiting today - on parade day. The Husky fans showed out

7D43D1DC-5EDC-4632-A65A-3C70432463B3.jpeg

Reaction Score
Realistically if Uconn can’t get Kiki Iriafen or Raegan Beers, what other transfers do you think Geno is targeting right now (as far as post players)? I saw today something about Grace Van Slooten, but don’t know much about her really. Anyone heard about any other potential post players?

Reaction Score
To my mind, the portal should be used (for us, anyway) for a top-flight post. Anything less would simply hinder development of the kids we have, and we're loaded with talent or up-and-coming talent at all other positions. Added players on a short-term basis would simply get in the way of the kids who have committed to the program and want to work hard and develop as a team with personnel consistently. Portal players are for bandaids, high school recruits make for long term, committed Huskies.

Reaction Score
I just wonder how long this transfer speed dating is all going to take and we get some decisions from the big names in the portal.
We should know something by July............just kidding.........I think..............:confused:

Reaction Score
My guess is Beers! The entire team (almost) following her cannot be a coincidence. I will welcome whoever it is.
What if it’s Muffet McGraw and she transferred to our SNY commentating team to call all our games?
If it’s true, I don’t think it matters. It’s someone Geno has confidence in and that is enough for me. Also, it may be the last addition since I doubt Geno wants fifteen on the roster.
Geno is a fool if he doesn’t go to 15 players on the roster after the last three years. It’s unclear if all of our injured players will even recover for next season so it would be doubly foolish.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
This account hasn’t been wrong yet. Not sure if it means a player is coming or leaving, however. Hoping it’s Beers or Iriafen!

Somebody please help me. I have no idea what this post means.

Reaction Score
What if it’s Muffet McGraw and she transferred to our SNY commentating team to call all our games?

Geno is a fool if he doesn’t go to 15 players on the roster after the last three years. It’s unclear if all of our injured players will even recover for next season so it would be doubly foolish.

Not a fool but you are right about him using 15. Beers would be a 2 year gig and Geno has stated that he wanted transfers who had degrees. I think Chen would give him insurance on Fudd but I doubt Chen wants to be a sub. Beers, El Alfy, Brady & Patterson and Strong would give UConn a foul-proof front line.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If it’s true, I don’t think it matters. It’s someone Geno has confidence in and that is enough for me. Also, it may be the last addition since I doubt Geno wants fifteen on the roster.
If it is true I hope it is not Chen. I like the guards UConn already has.

Reaction Score
Regarding several of the comments recently, I think what we get in the portal does affect future recruiting, available spots if it is a player 2 years or more, and position needs as well if two years. I also don't agree with as long as Geno wants that player it doesn't matter who it is. There are two huge difference makers in the portal now in Beers and Iriafen. If we find out we got a big like say Weimer who might help us some, it probably also means we lost out on the two big prizes that could be huge difference makers.

As for Geno seeking players with degrees, because of the potential impact on future recruiting, that probably was his priority for the portal, and still probably is for an insurance pick, or someone who can help but is not a big game changer. Iriafen and Beers are big time stars, and Kiki only has one more year, but with Beers, I assume Geno would consider her such a great difference making fit for two years to be worth it, even if it meant not getting a 2025 recruit you otherwise wanted.

Having said that, if we got Beers, I think he would consider a 15th, but it is hard to think of anyone in the portal that should be pursued if they have more than one year left, if Beers was already on-board. It might be more the best one year injury insurance you can get at that point, but a few might be capable of cracking a very good rotation, but if Beers is here, I think everyone with more than one year is ruled out.

Reaction Score
Once you get in the portal game you are in. For teams that can't recruit that is an important plus but for teams that can it will lead to losing more players through the portal too. What UConn needs is someone that can keep it's players healthy. If they can do that they have everything they need to win every game already on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom