UConn (only) recruiting (only) speculation | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn (only) recruiting (only) speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Someone's gonna get a hell of a player in Weimar. I would not be sad if it were UConn.

Click to enlarge:

GLSA7JvWUAAsqMJ

Reaction Score
Kind of slipped my notice, but probably within the last 3 weeks or so Lara Somfai (class of 2025) has followed Jana, Morgan Cheli, Azzi, Aubrey, Aaliyah Edwards, Dorka Juhasz, Ashlynn, and Allie Ziebell on Instagram (she already followed Qadence, Paige, and Nika). It looks like she followed them all at once, so my guess is that was maybe from when she came to UConn’s 1st or 2nd round game. But, that means she’s following the entire UConn team except KK, Ice, and Caroline. Obviously we can’t put much stock in social media follows, but it definitely isn’t a bad sign!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Kind of slipped my notice, but probably within the last 3 weeks or so Lara Somfai (class of 2025) has followed Jana, Morgan Cheli, Azzi, Aubrey, Aaliyah Edwards, Dorka Juhasz, Ashlynn, and Allie Ziebell on Instagram (she already followed Qadence, Paige, and Nika). It looks like she followed them all at once, so my guess is that was maybe from when she came to UConn’s 1st or 2nd round game. But, that means she’s following the entire UConn team except KK, Ice, and Caroline. Obviously we can’t put much stock in social media follows, but it definitely isn’t a bad sign!
Lara attends IMG Academy in Florida with UConn commit Kelis Fisher :cool:

Reaction Score

Speaking of Lara, she just posted this on her Instagram story. Probably from her trip to Storrs during the NCAA tourney.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240416_191422_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240416_191422_Instagram.jpg
    686.3 KB · Views: 515
Reaction Score
Speaking of Lara, she just posted this on her Instagram story. Probably from her trip to Storrs during the NCAA tourney.
She looks very happy to be there. Is it worth noting as well that Azzi and Jana are in uniforms?

Reaction Score
This photo of Lara Somfai give us an idea of her height = 6' 4' by report. Jana has
her knees bent somewhat and, of course, Azzi is not in either of Lara's or Jana's height
range. The smiles indicate to me that the team chemistry is UCONN PERFECT!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'd love to land Lara. Plus, Australia owes us a post player (rumor was that Ezi Magbegor would have come to UConn if Lauren Jackson had not convinced her to forego American college and stay in Australia to work with the Australian National Team)...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Are they in a giant oven?

Anyway, odd she would just now put up this photo considering it's been a month since her visit.

Reaction Score
Someone's gonna get a hell of a player in Weimar. I would not be sad if it were UConn.

Click to enlarge:

GLSA7JvWUAAsqMJ

Her numbers are most impressive, but against very weak competition. after consideration for that i think she would be way behind Beers and Iriafen, and maybe close to even with Vonleh. But those four would be on my shortlist for a big in the portal.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Her numbers are most impressive, but against very weak competition. after consideration for that i think she would be way behind Beers and Iriafen, and maybe close to even with Vonleh. But those four would be on my shortlist for a big in the portal.
Weimar might be a steal in the portal but watching the Patriot league final, Holy Cross kept her check and she was ineffective in the game. Should be able to rewatch on ESPN app. I admit that was one game and she clearly dominated the Patriot League.

Reaction Score
Weimar might be a steal in the portal but watching the Patriot league final, Holy Cross kept her check and she was ineffective in the game. Should be able to rewatch on ESPN app. I admit that was one game and she clearly dominated the Patriot League.
I'm getting a little nervous about the whole portal process, but at least there are several candidates that could help us, so getting someone that enhances our team is very likely. On the other hand two of those are major difference makers, ideal fits, and if we don't get Beers or Iriafen, the next tier is a long way down.

At first with the numerous player follows I was hopeful of a pretty quick decision by Beers. Since that hasn't happened yet, I am worried we are not just competing with west coast schools like UCLA and USC, but also with Notre Dame, South Carolina and LSU. Beers is good enough that most of the top programs will likely pursue her, and although the Uconn fit seems perfect, she would be a major addition at quite a few of the top programs so I think we have to sweat this out a bit.

Reaction Score
I'm getting a little nervous about the whole portal process, but at least there are several candidates that could help us, so getting someone that enhances our team is very likely. On the other hand two of those are major difference makers, ideal fits, and if we don't get Beers or Iriafen, the next tier is a long way down.

At first with the numerous player follows I was hopeful of a pretty quick decision by Beers. Since that hasn't happened yet, I am worried we are not just competing with west coast schools like UCLA and USC, but also with Notre Dame, South Carolina and LSU. Beers is good enough that most of the top programs will likely pursue her, and although the Uconn fit seems perfect, she would be a major addition at quite a few of the top programs so I think we have to sweat this out a bit.
She has a "do not contact" note. She probably has one or two choices. UConn may or may not be on that list. Patience, Grasshopper!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

I'm with you - I'd love for a quick decision to make us fans feel better. BUT... I would think these kids would want to visit the campus and meet with potential teammates/coaches. I'm actually more surprised by the kids who decide quickly. Have they REALLY done their homework? Visited, talked to, etc.?

Reaction Score
I think Caitlin Weimar would be a great fit. She would be the one I'd go after.
Weimar would be my second post option as her experience against top-flight teams is minimal...........Beers is battle-tested against tough competition and is by far the number one post in the portal.........she could be the player to put UConn over the top next season......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom