UConn (only) recruiting (only) speculation | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn (only) recruiting (only) speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Yes, or the guy reads the Boneyard.

”The Huskies historically like to play small ball” :rolleyes: No, the Huskies have been forced to play small ball due to injuries. Has this guy never heard of Kara Wolters, Jess Moore, Kelly Schumacher, Christine Rigby, Brittany Hunter, Tina Charles, Kiah Stokes, Breanna Stewart, Olivia Nelson-Ododa, et al?
Yeah, Coach told Boston there would be no point in her choosing UConn. These writers just have to write whatever silly thoughts pop into their heads. Kinda like me saying that Beers has no right to make the BY wait, spending hour after hour on our devices waiting for her decision and ignoring the fire on the kitchen stove.

Reaction Score
You might be right, but if we could land Beers first, I wonder if Kiki would consider making it a package deal and joining her. Beers is a 5 and Kiki may prefer to play the 4 anyway. Imagine those two with Paige, Azzi and Sarah as the other starters. Both of those players can turn a team they go to into a legitimate contender.

If they both went to Uconn they would be clear cut favorites. Not saying it is likely but there is some logic to it. Once you have Beers with two years left, the criteria for a second addition is a one year player. The best one year player is Iriafen who plays a different position from Beers. If they both want to maximize their chance at a championship, I think they should talk.
I’ve also heard a lot of talk about Kiki wanting to stay on the west coast, so I feel like she’s not waiting on a decision from Beers. I wonder if UConn is even in the running for Kiki or if Azzi and Paige following her put it in our minds that we were an option

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
You might be right, but if we could land Beers first, I wonder if Kiki would consider making it a package deal and joining her. Beers is a 5 and Kiki may prefer to play the 4 anyway. Imagine those two with Paige, Azzi and Sarah as the other starters. Both of those players can turn a team they go to into a legitimate contender.

If they both went to Uconn they would be clear cut favorites. Not saying it is likely but there is some logic to it. Once you have Beers with two years left, the criteria for a second addition is a one year player. The best one year player is Iriafen who plays a different position from Beers. If they both want to maximize their chance at a championship, I think they should talk.
I think one of them will be enough. I don't want to screw any of our recruits who chose UConn right after high school.

Reaction Score
AI stuff has a certain rhythm, flow, and structure to it. That video narration squarely adhered to it.

It may have even been narrated by an AI.

Reaction Score
Or not...

I would be surprised if she ends up there. As one of the most desired transfers in the portal (and one of the few top bigs in the portal nonetheless), I just don’t see her going to a program like Oklahoma. Especially after making it to the elite 8 this year, I think she’s headed to a program that she has a legitimate shot at winning a title. So hopefully that means UConn, but I’m not convinced.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
It's gonna be funny, IMHO, if Geno pulls a Dorka/Lou and gets 1-2 transfers, if any, that aren't really on many of our radar. He knows what he has, knows if there's anything he needs or wants, and definately doesn't want to upset the current roster. JMO.

Reaction Score
I would be surprised if she ends up there. So hopefully that means UConn, but I’m not convinced.

Ah, no need to fret GW, she's just putting in some extra stops Tyler Phommachanh make it look good. My magical crystal ball says she has her sights on the big prize - Geno, CD, Paige, Azzi, and friends. She'll stop here, for the stars and planets are lining up for a once in a lifetime shot at the big prize....she's gonna be a Husky.

Reaction Score
It is best that those who are invited and choose to come here do so with the with the right expectations. UConn expects players to excel at both ends of the court, win championships, and aspire to make it to the Pros. In Geno and CD we trust!

Reaction Score
I imagine he'll run any transfers by Paige, er... I mean, Coach P.
Can't we conclude that Paige and most of the team gave their endorsement with their follows of Beers? Maybe not Jana, but the consensus of the players was clearly go for it. Paige reached out to Kiki as well, but it has been crickets regarding anybody else

Reaction Score
I would be surprised if she ends up there. As one of the most desired transfers in the portal (and one of the few top bigs in the portal nonetheless), I just don’t see her going to a program like Oklahoma. Especially after making it to the elite 8 this year, I think she’s headed to a program that she has a legitimate shot at winning a title. So hopefully that means UConn, but I’m not convinced.
so much for the UConn fait accompli......not a whole lot of similarities between the two programs........interesting.........:confused:

Reaction Score
It is best that those who are invited and choose to come here do so with the with the right expectations. UConn expects players to excel at both ends of the court, win championships, and aspire to make it to the Pros. In Geno and CD we trust!
Topdawg- - Not to worry, Raegan Beers excels at both ends of the court!
Sell the farm for Beers and Chen!

Reaction Score
Perhaps she is exploring her options. Hopefully, we are one of those options.
If she was planning on a campus visit, this would probably not have been a great time to come, with KK and Azzi at Dawg Camp, Paige and Ice in Florida, Jana and Yanna in NYC (and that's only the ones who have posted on social media). I do hope that Raegan will make a stop in Storrs before making her decision, but only she knows what she's looking for in a program and whether UConn meets her needs. I imagine we'll know by the beginning of summer semester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom