UConn Arkansas | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
They don’t shoot the three well, right?

Their guys attack the boards and get to the rim. We’re going to have to protect the rim.
Here we go! The next 90s Bulls! Same thing every team we play or possible team we play. Also, I’m thankful I don’t listen to you idiots for gambling advice too! Drink a Miller Lite and enjoy the week! SMH

Reaction Score
We have a great coaching staff that is working over Arkansas at this late hour I guarantee. We probably have plenty of video already. We will be prepared and roll the dice.

caw

Reaction Score
Arkansas' best win was against SDSU, not including KU.

UConn will have it's hands full with Arkansas' pace and athleticism. They get up and down the court. Similar pace to Depaul, but better team. Not the fastest team in the tournament but up there. (From one extreme SMC to another Arkansas).

For all that pace they aren't a particularly good offensive team, though it's hard to tell if that is due to injuries this year. Their defense is very good. Only behind Alabama's and ISU's IMO of the teams UConn has played.

They aren't a particularly good rebounding team, more in the middle of the pack.

They don't shoot a ton from three and they don't make a ton either.

They do get to the line a good amount though, though not a particularly good FT shooting team.

They only get assists on less than 50% of their buckets. So expect more one-on-one.

They played Creighton (L by 3), Bama (L x 2, by 15 and 3), UF (W by 19 without Castleton).

They actually foul more than UConn does (though perhaps because of higher pace)

They do defend the three well, as in opponents 3PT%. They also limit 3PT shots.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The big mistake is playing extended M2M and high hedge. Now is not the time to prove toughness. It’s time to play tough D protecting the paint. A good dose of zone with Adama in it critical. Use DC in a compact man to draw them into the paint to take bad contested shots.

Reaction Score
Do they realize we throttled Bama? I do worry about their dribble penetration as our guards have had trouble stopping it lately. Hawk especially has been bad at it. Hopefully it doesn't get us in foul trouble.
I'd invite them to take jumpshots.. while they pound it to Sanogo and Clingan on the other end. Even if they don't score, good things usually happen whey they get the ball inside. And it helps when you have a player who can get his shot anytime from anywhere against anybody (Hawkins).

Reaction Score
The constant pining for the two bigs has been amusing, but I‘d consider it for this one. Arkansas will attack the boards relentlessly, and they can’t shoot. With four days to prep, I’d be cool with putting it out there for a few minutes.
Their 2nd most popular lineup is Devo Davis, Nick Smith, Ricky Council, and Anthony Black at the 1-4. A 6'3" guard plus 3 NBA caliber penetrating guards. Sanogo wont be able to stay in front of any of the 4 in ISO.

Sure, they wouldn't be able to guard Sanogo either, but they could front (Black is 6'7") and gang up on him.

I think we can just play our standard 1-4 or probably a lot of Jackson at the 4 and just be better than them. This will be a tough game for Karaban. Likely will sub him out when Walsh goes out.

Reaction Score
Their message board is an interesting bunch. Say UConn has good defense but lacks offense Also have Arkansas ranked 3 of the remaining 16. UConn’s was 12 on there list.
Do they have themselves above Alabama? And not the team that beat Alabama by double digits?

Reaction Score
Arkansas wasn't even the 3rd best team in the SEC. They don't do divisions anymore, but if they did, they weren't even the 3rd best team in the SEC West.

Reaction Score
The big mistake is playing extended M2M and high hedge. Now is not the time to prove toughness. It’s time to play tough D protecting the paint. A good dose of zone with Adama in it critical. Use DC in a compact man to draw them into the paint to take bad contested shots.
High hedge keeps their ball-handler from turning the corner and getting into the paint on PnR, preventing penetration.

St. Mary's tonight was getting into paint 1v1 without a screener, using their quick guards to just drive by Jackson, Hawkins, and Newton. Arkansas will try the same thing. High hedge not relevant in that scenario.

Reaction Score
Very athletic team that can beat anyone and also lose to anyone. They're dangerous since they have a high ceiling.

The 2nd half against against Kansas, who I thought had the best overall team, was a thing of beauty. It should be a fun game to watch with all the dynamic players. UConn wins a close one.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for Arkansas, Corliss “big nasty” Williamson is not walking through that door. Lol

They are very talented. Looked just as talented as Alabama last time I saw them. Uconn by 7

Reaction Score
They embarrassed us in the 2017 pk80 tournament. I'll never forget how bad I felt after watching that game.

Screenshot_20230320-001229.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle