UConn Arkansas | The Boneyard

UConn Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like the matchup. Arkansas has a ton of talent with at least 3 NBA players on the team in Anthony Black, Jordan Walsh, and Nick Smith. Ricky Council is their leading scorer and Davis is having a big tournament scoring the ball. The team is incredibly athletic but really young with a lot of one on one scoring, using their athleticism for pull-ups and attacking the rim. They don't shoot it well at all from three.

Jordan Walsh is like Jackson with his athleticism and defense. He doesn't have any of the passing Jackson does but he's even longer and maybe even a better defender. He'll be on Hawkins.

Those 5 players I mentioned are in that 6'3-6'7 range. Once again they'll have no answer for Sanogo and Clingan, their big guys are the Mitchell twins who our bigs should feast on.

Reaction Score
They're the rare team with guards as big as ours.

Thankfully they cant shoot, so we should be able to just out-efficient them like Alabama did twice.

Clingan will be indispensable in this game guarding the paint.

Reaction Score
I like the matchup. Arkansas has a ton of talent with at least 3 NBA players on the team in Anthony Black, Jordan Walsh, and Nick Smith. Ricky Council is their leading scorer and Davis is having a big tournament scoring the ball. The team is incredibly athletic but really young with a lot of one on one scoring, using their athleticism for pull-ups and attacking the rim. They don't shoot it well at all from three.

Jordan Walsh is like Jackson with his athleticism and defense. He doesn't have any of the passing Jackson does but he's even longer and maybe even a better defender. He'll be on Hawkins.

Those 5 players I mentioned are in that 6'3-6'7 range. Once again they'll have no answer for Sanogo and Clingan, their big guys are the Mitchell twins who our bigs should feast on.
Jordon walsh is not half the defender jackson is. He is long and robotic. I have seen most of their games. Uconn should handle arkansas easily. Very poor 3 point shooting and sloppy unforced turnovers. Very good matchup for uconn

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
They're the rare team with guards as big as ours.

Thankfully they cant shoot, so we should be able to just out-efficient them like Alabama did twice.

Clingan will be indispensable in this game guarding the paint.
We can’t foul on drives. This team is a 4x better St. John’s. They are going to try and kill us going to hole.

Reaction Score

In about a half of the mock drafts Council is predicted to be drafted in the 1st round as well.

With all you said, I still like UConn’s matchup- a similar amount of talent between the two teams but UConn older, deeper, & take better shots.

Reaction Score
Jordon walsh is not half the defender jackson is. He is long and robotic. I have seen most of their games. Uconn should handle arkansas easily. Very poor 3 point shooting and sloppy unforced turnovers. Very good matchup for uconn
They've cut down on TOs in the NCAAs, which is a big reason why they've won these two.

Reaction Score
Revenge game. We’ve come full circle.

Attachments

• 9CC89D3A-57DC-4FF1-82A5-005585A9276F.jpeg
    9CC89D3A-57DC-4FF1-82A5-005585A9276F.jpeg
    484.9 KB · Views: 333
Reaction Score
I would be surprised if we don’t run some zone in this game.
I agree. Not against running some man, but I think a 2-3 zone needs to be part of the game plan. They are young and could get very frustrated if they are hitting shots again a packed in zone.

Reaction Score
Just play Shell Man - we shouldn't extend our defense too far out like we did tonight against a team this athletic. If we do it will open lanes for them to get to the rim and we will rack up the fouls

Reaction Score
Their message board is an interesting bunch. Say UConn has good defense but lacks offense Also have Arkansas ranked 3 of the remaining 16. UConn’s was 12 on there list.

Reaction Score

I've watched Arkansas quite a bit this year. If UConn plays well, they're going to beat Arkansas. If you can defend (defense includes getting the rebound and holding them to one shot), they're not going to make a lot of jumpshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom