UConn Arkansas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like the matchup. Arkansas has a ton of talent with at least 3 NBA players on the team in Anthony Black, Jordan Walsh, and Nick Smith. Ricky Council is their leading scorer and Davis is having a big tournament scoring the ball. The team is incredibly athletic but really young with a lot of one on one scoring, using their athleticism for pull-ups and attacking the rim. They don't shoot it well at all from three.

Jordan Walsh is like Jackson with his athleticism and defense. He doesn't have any of the passing Jackson does but he's even longer and maybe even a better defender. He'll be on Hawkins.

Those 5 players I mentioned are in that 6'3-6'7 range. Once again they'll have no answer for Sanogo and Clingan, their big guys are the Mitchell twins who our bigs should feast on.
Problem is they are a team that drives the ball well which is our weakness. Hopefully like others said we play zone more or have Clingan in a lot to help thwart the drives.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You re not kidding. I've yet to see a board with so much bad MOJO. This is just a same. View attachment 85371
Spoken like an SEC fan that doesn’t want college basketball.

Simple reality is that there isn‘t anybody who can stop Sanogo and Hawkins is waking up and remembering who he is. Joey has found his stroke and Newton will bury you if you play off him. Arkansas has seen a team as good as UConn twice, Alabama.

Reaction Score
If Mojo is a thing. The Mojo over there is terrible. They must still think Alterique is running the point. Here’s a real quote:

“On a neutral court we are at least 15 points better than UConn”
Do they realize we throttled Bama? I do worry about their dribble penetration as our guards have had trouble stopping it lately. Hawk especially has been bad at it. Hopefully it doesn't get us in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Arkansas is good at speeding teams up, but if UConn can handle the initial pressure, they should be able to score against this team.

Also, I’m not sure there’s a group of people whose opinions I care less about than Arkansas basketball fans. I’d rather click a phishing link than a link to their message board.

Reaction Score
We can’t foul on drives. This team is a 4x better St. John’s. They are going to try and kill us going to hole.
A bit of zone might be in order to try and bait them into taking and missing threes.

Reaction Score
I agree. Not against running some man, but I think a 2-3 zone needs to be part of the game plan. They are young and could get very frustrated if they are hitting shots again a packed in zone.
And keep switching it up, throw in some of the 1-3-1 trapping zone as well.

Reaction Score
It might as a possession by possession change of pace , but I like hurleys credo “play to your identity”. Zone isn’t that.
We just need to stay in front of our man. This will be a Jackson, Alleyne, Diarra game on defense for me. Diarra has his first chance to make a real impact on this tournament. Joey C might not be playable by the second half in this game. We have to keep their guards out of the paint

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We just need to stay in front of our man. This will be a Jackson, Alleyne, Diarra game on defense for me. Diarra has his first chance to make a real impact on this tournament. Joey C might not be playable by the second half in this game. We have to keep their guards out of the paint
I don’t wanna be negative. But I don’t think we can play Diarra anymore.

Reaction Score
The constant pining for the two bigs has been amusing, but I‘d consider it for this one. Arkansas will attack the boards relentlessly, and they can’t shoot. With four days to prep, I’d be cool with putting it out there for a few minutes.

Reaction Score
While lacking foot speed, he plays pretty good positional defense. If their guards are too aggressive I can see Joey drawing a charge or two.

I doubt that this will be a game that Joey can contribute much.

Reaction Score
I see that perspective. But we may need him on Thursday. I don’t think Joey C is going to be playable on defense
Yeah, this is an ugly matchup for him unless they throw some zone looks, which I think we have a good chance of seeing for stretches.

Reaction Score
The constant pining for the two bigs has been amusing, but I‘d consider it for this one. Arkansas will attack the boards relentlessly, and they can’t shoot. With four days to prep, I’d be cool with putting it out there for a few minutes.
That’s asking for foul trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle