Transfer portal, Spring 2022 (merged thread) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal, Spring 2022 (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, her physique is part of the problem. Her conditioning is poor. Great talent though.
Obviously some of that is on her, but watching Maryland this year, we've wondered what the nutritionists and S&C staff have been doing to help her get into better shape.

Reaction Score
I can see her going to a team like SC where her defensive liabilities can be hidden when a great shot blocker like Boston is there
She would know. I guarantee you if you charted Boston shot blocks since her freshmen year, Owusu would be at the top of that list. She is stubborn, I give her that.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Might not mean anything, but I heard she just started following VT's Liz Kitley on social media. She did go to high school in Virginia, so maybe she goes back. Even though Maryland's campus is closer to where she went to school than VT, she might have some family still scattered throughout Virginia.
VT has a very good point guard who was a sophomore this season. She may go there but I doubt that she will play the point.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
WHAT I JUST POSTER ON THE GENERAL BOARD

Frankly, Owusu had a very disappointing year this past season. If you follow the Terps, you could see the difference in her play from the outstanding showing in the Big 10 tournament as a freshman to this past season. There were signs of her decline last season. In the Big 10 tournament last season, she was below average compared to the previous Big 10 tournament. Then there was the Texas game.

When she had her slump in Big 10 play, lots of Terp fans were harping on her lack of conditioning. She was unable to break down defenders like she did her sophomore year. Also, she was consistently getting beat off the dribble by opposing guards. When Taylor Mikesell beat you off the dribble, you know you have a problem.

I know Stanford need a PG but they have no scholarships available. I would love for her to go to South Carolina. Ashley is very introverted and she need someone to put a fire under her and force her to reach her full potential. Ashley has the best handles in WCBB but IMHO, she have major conditioning problems. I've been watching basketball for over 50 years and I can tell whether a person is in condition or not. Brionna Jones was out of condition when she came to Maryland. By her season year, she lost about 50 poinds. Look at what happened to Aliyah Boston and how great she is.

Being in condition is part of your job being a collegiate athlete on scholarship. I think Ashey failed at that. I hope Dawn or another coach can light a fire under her and get her to do the things she need to do the reach her full potential which is very high.
Thanks for the update. Most of us don't know her background as well as you do. As Paul Harvey use to say on his daily radio program......."and now you know the rest of the story." :) I know I'm dating myself. There are some younger posters here that have no idea who Paul Harvey was.

What did Paul Harvey always say at the end of his show?
At the very end he would say, “Now you know…the rest of the story,” and conclude his radio show with: “Paul Harvey........… Good day.” Feels like it was just yesterday, doesn't it? :D

Reaction Score
Might not mean anything, but I heard she just started following VT's Liz Kitley on social media. She did go to high school in Virginia, so maybe she goes back. Even though Maryland's campus is closer to where she went to school than VT, she might have some family still scattered throughout Virginia.
This makes sense since she is from Northern, Virginia. Would be a good spot for her.

Reaction Score
If we pass on her because of a comment like this then we're missing out. She can flat out play.
How many games did you see her play? Defer to someone who have seen her play since middle school.

Reaction Score
Would SC or UConn fans want her on their rosters for the upcoming season? I'm interested in hearing since both sides have been linked to her during her initial recruiting process.
When I watched her, conditioning was certainly an issue. But I also felt she wasn’t all that team focused as a point guard. However, I couldn’t tell if that was due to the helter skelter style of offense that the Terps run.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
I thought Reese would leave but could not comment on it. I wondered if she transferred and wanted to come to UConn, would the coaching staff be interested.

Reaction Score
I thought Reese would leave but could not comment on it. I wondered if she transferred and wanted to come to UConn, would the coaching staff be interested.
Reese is obviously a very talented player. But who of Edwards, Dorka, Brady, Patterson, Ducharme, DeBerry or Gabriel gets less playing time and moves further down the bench ?
Answer: All of them, which would increase the risk of some of them leaving.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Reese is obviously a very talented player. But who of Edwards, Dorka, Brady, Patterson, Ducharme, DeBerry or Gabriel gets less playing time and moves further down the bench ?
Answer: All of them, which would increase the risk of some of them leaving.
Not only that. I forgot about her criticizing her coach for not playing her last season. My thoughts about her were before Dorca said she was returning. Hope we can lure one tall banger.

Reaction Score
I very much doubt it. I’d be very surprised if they recruited her out of HS and I never saw any mention of her surface.

Reaction Score
I have never seen so much talent in the portal. Maryland is the main benefactor.

Reaction Score
so about that Maryland being a potential ntl title contender... Scratch that off the list. I have no idea what is going on but this does not look good for Brenda. Did she take a hc job we are not aware off? geez

Reaction Score
Sara is an exciting player and hope that she lands at a program where it meets her needs and challenge. Here in Minnesota, it was a nice look for Coach Whalen to get such a huge, hometown, recruit. Sadly, things did not work out but hopefully for Sara, she goes to a program that challenges her.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
1649271217814.png

Reaction Score
When I watched Maryland in the tournament it seemed like Angel Reese was trying to score all by herself. As if she were determined to make a name for herself maybe. Was she or was she doing what was necessary to win. I'm not so sure either way. I'd be cautious.

Reaction Score
How many games did you see her play? Defer to someone who have seen her play since middle school.
Have you played a game against her? You talk as if you're some sort of basketball guru. If you are then pardon me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom