Transfer portal, Spring 2022 (merged thread) | The Boneyard

Transfer portal, Spring 2022 (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Sara is a guard at Minnesota averaged 14.5 pts a game and shot 42% from 3. She has played with Azzi and against Paige. Her range is deep. Funny thing my daughter bought me 23 and me a genealogy site and I googled a bunch of DNA relatives and her dad got back to me and we cant figure out how yet but we are DNA relatives. So the Scalia's are my cousins Sara in less then 48 minutes had over 40 offers including LVille AZ and Indiana. Ive watched her on the BTN network and she has range.
1649162556937.png

Reaction Score
I read that there were 3 players that entered the portal this weekend for Minnesota that's harsh, esp on the week Whalen got inducted into the HOF.

Reaction Score
But she also had South Carolina in that list: "Owusu was the No. 10 prospect in espnW’s 'HoopGurlz Terrific 25' for the Class of 2019 when she committed to Maryland. At the time, she’d considered Penn State, UConn, West Virginia and South Carolina, which won its second national championship on Sunday."

LINK

Reaction Score
But she also had South Carolina in that list: "Owusu was the No. 10 prospect in espnW’s 'HoopGurlz Terrific 25' for the Class of 2019 when she committed to Maryland. At the time, she’d considered Penn State, UConn, West Virginia and South Carolina, which won its second national championship on Sunday."

LINK
Could this be dawns birdie?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, I thought Owusu with her injuries etc had significant issues with fitness. If she lands in Dawn's bootcamp, maybe she takes a large fitness jump like Boston.

Reaction Score
She hinted at something during her pre-game press conference at the final four, but I thought she was hinting that they had players going into the portal.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Could be. Dawn is the kind of coach that would take a chance on a player like her. No risk it, no biscuit. I don't think Dawn would have to twist her arm to join her program. She would be a perfect fit if...........she can successfully go through Dawn's boot camp and emerge fit and trim as Boston did. She already has the right "aggressive and attack the rim" mindset.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
interesting that when I click the tweet below links bunch of gamecock tweets, coincidence I'm sure or...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
My first question is what the heck is going on with Brenda’s program? I mean Mikesell left because of Ashley, who knows the real reason Austin left but she was also a starter and significant piece. Slocum left before those 2 and now Owusu. This is not peripheral pieces looking for more playing time, this is all-conference performers leaving….

As Shakespeare so famously stated “something is rotten in the state of Denmark”….

Reaction Score
She hinted at something during her pre-game press conference at the final four, but I thought she was hinting that they had players going into the portal.

Okay, I didn't see Dawn's pre-game presser, but if she did hint at getting a transfer before that player's entry into the portal was announced, is that even legal? Isn't that some kind of interference with a player who technically still is part of another program?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think someone need to move this to the general board. Unless UConn is trying to recruit her.
It's tangentially related to UCONN. Anyway many of us never read the general board so it's fun to see stuff like this. She's a big time recruit and if she goes to SC, it replaces Henderson and gives SC another clear path to the NC.

Reaction Score
She’s really good. I remember Paige and Azzi saying she was the best player they ever faced. I watched her at Maryland be a they said that and she is really really good, but she does need to get in good shape. Also if she is used the right way, you probably can’t stop her just like Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom