This can't be true?! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

This can't be true?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1) I'd call Memphis Louisville light. You ever have one of those things where a semi-cute girl keeps trying to date you, and you always make up reasons why you aren't interested, and then she starts dating your equally attractive friend, so you start freaking out wondering whether you made a mistake...next thing you know you end up in bed with her fat friend. Memphis is the fat friend and she might have just found her lucky night.

2) If the Big 12 is worried about championship games, you know ND has to be concerned going forward. The clock is ticking on them joining the BIG or ACC (I don't believe their football rights are tied in to the GOR signed by the ACC...), meaning UConn gets added as team 16 either way. Just hope ND goes 11-1 and doesn't end up in the playoff next year. Personally, I hope ND goes 0-12 but thats because I think Brian Kelly is a buttpirate (no offense to butt pirates intended).

3) Of course the AAC is going to deny it. The AAC becomes a lesser version of CUSA if it is not. If I'm Houston and SMU, I'm begging the MWC to get in...and if I'm Navy I'm not entering into the American...and that TV contract is going to look FUGLY.

So yes, I hope my Bearcats escape from the dumpster fire known as the American, but I don't believe UConn will be stranded for long if the Big 12 is really freaking out over a conference championship game.

Reaction Score
I know, I know...contracts can be broken...but:

"On Sunday, ACC commissioner John Swofford was questioned about Notre Dame's status as an independent, and if there would be an expectation for the Fighting Irish to join as a full member.

"If Notre Dame decides to join a conference before 2027, contractually it has to join the ACC," Swofford reminded the assembled media. "They would be welcome with open arms."

Reaction Score
One thing re: Memphis is that area is a hotbed for both bb and fb recruiting. Not to mention both have easy airports to get in and out of. They do fill in the gaps between big 12 and wv.
because flying into Bradley and driving 30 minutes south is such a hassle? if uconn is passed over again, it's not the airports.
your last sentence is more likely.

Reaction Score
I know, I know...contracts can be broken...but:

"On Sunday, ACC commissioner John Swofford was questioned about Notre Dame's status as an independent, and if there would be an expectation for the Fighting Irish to join as a full member.

"If Notre Dame decides to join a conference before 2027, contractually it has to join the ACC," Swofford reminded the assembled media. "They would be welcome with open arms."

This is true... it is part of the negotiations between ND and the ACC. The speculation and discussion over the years as to what league ND would join for football ( at 100% instead of its 40% current football schedule wise) came to rest in the 2012-2013 ACC- ND negotiations ( I said this on this very site a few days ago as well ). That said, money drives these issues. ( also said ) ND will remain a quasi Indepependent for Football so long as their TV people are happy with their financial return. So far, it appears they are.

Reaction Score
Before more people like me misconstrue your intent, I kindly ask you to re-read and edit the typo. Thank you
Yawkey-
check out how you spelled uconn in the questioned post (coon is offensive to some).

clearly huskybite is more intent on jumping up and down drawing attention that there is a typo rather than getting it fixed. I'm sure it's a typo.

Reaction Score
Yawkey-
check out how you spelled uconn in the questioned post (coon is offensive to some).

clearly huskybite is more intent on jumping up and down drawing attention that there is a typo rather than getting it fixed. I'm sure it's a typo.

Fair enough... I will retype that. I did not know what he was talking about. Now I do, as it was my typo mistake that sent him off. Since he did not know my wording meant no personal insult to anyone, I will cut him slack on his angry reply.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll fix it if the system allows me to go back a day. If not, I apologize for the confusion and / or anger that typo might have caused here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I will give up if fahqing Memphis gets a P5 invite over us. And stop watching all college sports.

I know. They have their best season in about five-plus years, and just like that, they're a hot commodity. Yet, even after all those years of UConn being halfway competitive since joining the FBS during the thick of conference realignment, and we've hardly ever been an option.

Reaction Score
If this gains more traction and end of March Madness is expected announcement date, it gives Warden and Susan plenty of time to show they can be competent. Whether it's getting us in some P5 or leapfrog Memphis like Louisville did to us 2 years ago, the clock will be ticking. Any stay the course comments are failures in my book.

Will wait to see if this gains any more legs before truly worrying anymore.
Questioning their competence is blasphemy here, don't you know? We are always worrying here. I don't think either of them is competent when it comes to negotiating UConn into a P5 conference. All the academics in the world, stem cells, genomes, rankings, olympic sports of any sort, make no difference at all. Perception and marketing matter. If it is true., that is what Memphis and Cincinnati will do ( or have done). That's what Louisville's AD was able to do, while our AD was nowhere to be found (Oh I forgot, he was in the VI during that crucial weekend and I'm told that it played no role in UConn's exclusion.)

Reaction Score
Well things are shaping up for the Big 12 to make some kind of move.

OSU might have knocked the Big 12 out of the playoff. I hope.

Reaction Score
Fair enough... I will retype that. I did not know what he was talking about. Now I do, as it was my typo mistake that sent him off. Since he did not know my wording meant no personal insult to anyone, I will cut him slack on his angry reply.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'll fix it if the system allows me to go back a day. If not, I apologize for the confusion and / or anger that typo might have caused here.

He did know, but it was more fun to get indignant, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom