This can't be true?! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

This can't be true?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If UConn can't even argue it's way in over Memphis than we are run by .

I don't believe it. It is incomprehensible.

Memphis would be dangerously similar to Tunxis getting picked over us.

Reaction Score
The worst part about that rumor is that it makes sense.

It makes sense that no one in the XII ever thought it possible that teams playing a 9 game round robin schedule would end up tied? I think not.

Reaction Score
Dude ENOUGH. Jesus H. Christ on a stick how obtuse can you be. We've been to the top level of college football, even had some modicum of success while there. Now we've been demoted, lost all the teams we cared to play, it naturally upsets us, and all you can do wonder why we don't see the silver lining in playing gddamn UMASS? YOU play UMass. Oh...no? You won't? I wonder why. Go play in traffic.
I understand the depths that Uconn football has sunk since Hathaway hired PP. I can look at an AAC league Football standings and see where Uconn football currently is. I get that. But thats a separate issue than the consideration of Umass as a league replacement than say... FIU, or Georgia State, or some such.

Name me a non P5 school conference team that would be a more attractive football program for Uconn football to play in the AAC than Umass. I can't think of a single one. BC plays Umass... played them this year as a matter of fact. So why is Uconn playing Umass each year such a hostile thought of their possible replacement of Memphis and Cincinnati instead of going with some backwater southern school in the Southwest, or some other distant locale school ? Thats my question raised... not the current football standings in the ACC discussion, or why the teams are where they are this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I understand the depths that Uconn football has sunk since Hathaway hired PP. I can look at an ACC league Football standings and see where Uconn football currently is. I get that. But thats a separate issue than the consideration of Umass as a league replacement than say... FIU, or Georgia State, or some such.

Name me a non P5 school conference team that would be a more attractive football program for Uconn football to play in the AAC than Umass. I can't think of a single one. BC plays Umass... played them this year as a matter of fact. So why is Uconn playing Umass each year such a hostile thought of their possible replacement of Memphis and Cincinnati instead of going with some backwater southern school in the Southwest, or some other distant locale ?
Because you're gross. END OF DISCUSSION

Reaction Score
Yawkey Way said:
I understand the depths that Uconn football has sunk since Hathaway hired PP. I can look at an ACC league Football standings and see where Uconn football currently is. I get that. But thats a separate issue than the consideration of Umass as a league replacement than say... FIU, or Georgia State, or some such. Name me a non P5 school conference team that would be a more attractive football program for Uconn football to play in the AAC than Umass. I can't think of a single one. BC plays Umass... played them this year as a matter of fact. So why is Uconn playing Umass each year such a hostile thought given the current situation ?

You are simply trolling now.
You surely know that if this comes to pass we can play umass, ccsu, or E O Smih. Most people won't care. It will be the final kick in the nuts.

Reaction Score
You surely know that if this comes to pass we can play umass, ccsu, or E O Smih. Most people won't care. It will be the final kick in the nuts.

Agreed. He is a troll. I suspected as much a few days ago. All he is doing now is building his resume.

Reaction Score
Are you implying that Memphis Football is competent and UCONN Football is not? If so, then you must believe one or two years defines a program.

We are in no position to question the quality of Memphis football.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I understand the depths that Uconn football has sunk since Hathaway hired PP. I can look at an AAC league Football standings and see where Uconn football currently is. I get that. But thats a separate issue than the consideration of Umass as a league replacement than say... FIU, or Georgia State, or some such.

Name me a non P5 school conference team that would be a more attractive football program for Uconn football to play in the AAC than Umass. I can't think of a single one. BC plays Umass... played them this year as a matter of fact. So why is Uconn playing Umass each year such a hostile thought of their possible replacement of Memphis and Cincinnati instead of going with some backwater southern school in the Southwest, or some other distant locale school ? Thats my question raised... not the current football standings in the ACC discussion, or why the teams are where they are this season.
We've got a hot date with Stony Brook.

Reaction Score
Have you looked at a map of the US recently?

Ummm yeah. Your point?

You do realize that all the conferences from the AAC to ACC to Big 12 to Big Ten have schools outside the main geographic footprint right?

Reaction Score
Ummm yeah. Your point?

You do realize that all the conferences from the AAC to ACC to Big 12 to Big Ten have schools outside the main geographic footprint right?

My point is that we are no where near the big 12 geographic footprint, not sure why it's hard for you to comprehend?

Reaction Score
Maybe that might be true in Connecticut, but they'll be interest in Massachusetts if Umass is the next school in to replace Memphis and Cincinnati in the AAC. This would be an upgrade for Umass to get to the AAC... and play Uconn as their New England School rival in the AAC.

That said, I do " get " that such a deal would be unthinkable to Uconn football fans, and for that reason alone, I do hope that for Uconn's football and fans sake this is just one of those hundreds of unfounded crazyass rumors and BS where people put all sorts of nonsense out there and then it seems to take on a life of its own as if it was the Gospel Truth.

Reaction Score
My point is that we are no where near the big 12 geographic footprint, not sure why it's hard for you to comprehend?

Conference realignment is about geographic footprint?

Tell me how Louisville fit in geographically to the Atlantic COAST Conference. Or how Minnesota fits with Rutgers. Or how we currently fit with Tulsa and Tulane.

Geography is not an excuse to get passed by Memphis for christ sakes.

Reaction Score
You guys ok over here?

How can we be, this is the BY and our school has been passed over three times? What's infuriating to me is that UConn is a very strong state college, with total support from the state. Our athletic philosophy and performance (sans the last 5 years in fb) has been of championship caliber.

Yet other schools get tapped because of geography, market potential, cable subscribers, or short term isolated athletic achievement. If Warren Buffet ran college sports UConn would certainly have a preferred seat at the table. I just don't understand, for the life of me, why the heads treat UConn like a piriah.

If and when UConn gets a P5 seat you will see amazing things within 5 years, amazing. This is so clear to BYers, yet we have been manhandled so many times by CR. To think that Cincy, UCF, Temple, or Memphis are thought of as better candidates is lunacy.

Yes my avatar has a bag over the head, it use to be my favorite UConn LB DL, well before he began showing the NFL that he can play. IF HCBD shows some decent play calling this weekend, and gives us fans a ray of hope I will change back to my beloved DL.

"Is your ankle hurt badly Danny? No, I'm from Pennsylvania." just awesome

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How can we be, this is the BY and our school has been passed over three times? What's infuriating to me is that UConn is a very strong state college, with total support from the state. Our athletic philosophy and performance (sans the last 5 years in fb) has been of championship caliber.

Yet other schools get tapped because of geography, market potential, cable subscribers, or short term isolated athletic achievement. If Warren Buffet ran college sports UConn would certainly have a preferred seat at the table. I just don't understand, for the life of me, why the heads treat UConn like a piriah.

If and when UConn gets a P5 seat you will see amazing things within 5 years, amazing. This is so clear to BYers, yet we have been manhandled so many times by CR. To think that Cincy, UCF, Temple, or Memphis are thought of as better candidates is lunacy.

The only excuse I can think of if Memphis would ever be invited over us is we are still paying the price for the Civil War. We are a Yankee school from the northeast, (gasp NEW ENGLAND), that actually wins trophies.

Reaction Score
Conference realignment is about geographic footprint?

Tell me how Louisville fit in geographically to the Atlantic COAST Conference. Or how Minnesota fits with Rutgers. Or how we currently fit with Tulsa and Tulane.

Geography is not an excuse to get passed by Memphis for christ sakes.

I don't know what to tell you if you do not understand the difference between Louisville to the AAC and us to the b12. Listen, I want to be wrong, we are on the same side, but we are not geo positive to the b12.

Reaction Score
People perhaps may not want to hear this here, but the perception of Uconn outside of New England, especially outside of Connecticut, may not be the same perception as Uconn has of itself within the region.

This might mean that Uconn officials have to do a better job trumpeting how great Uconn is, or the school and its fans have to reevaluate and alter perhaps their own perceptions of Uconn itself. Or it could be a bit of both required here... who knows. Just a non threatening thought, anyway.

Reaction Score
People perhaps may not want to hear this here, but the perception of Uconn outside of New England, especially outside of Connecticut, may not be how those outside New England view Uconn.

This might mean that Uconn officials have to do a better job trumpeting how great Uconn is, or the school and its fans have to reevaluate and alter perhaps their own perceptions of Uconn itself. Or it could be a bit of both required here... who knows. Just a thought, anyway.

Oh ok. So results and facts mean nothing and ill informed perception drives it.

Now I know why I don't follow this crap full time.

Reaction Score
One thing re: Memphis is that area is a hotbed for both bb and fb recruiting. Not to mention both have easy airports to get in and out of. They do fill in the gaps between big 12 and wv.

Reaction Score
Oh ok. So results and facts mean nothing and ill informed perception drives it.

Now I know why I don't follow this crap full time.
No, perhaps the problem might lie in that you misunderstood what was said. The " facts " are only as good as " the facts " themselves, and the " facts " have to be promoted nationally in a competent, non threatening, non litigitous, non hostile, intelligent, calm and coherent manner by Uconn officials. If you believe that Uconn has effectively promoted themselves nationally in a fact based way, then there will probably continue to be frustration. Uconn seems viewed by outsiders as uniquely hateful of its current AAC league. The notion that potential recruits to Uconn don't sense this utter contempt and hatred for all things AAC, and that this is of no impact to recruiting, is a rather counterproductive and curious conclusion to me. But, maybe I offer a view here on this that seems to have no merit whatsoever. But then Uconn fans have no explanation for things, and the frustration continues, and they scratch their heads and say WTF, or call me names, and off we go on ignore, or profanity, or personal attacks. I offer analysis and suggestion. If its considered BS, then thats that, I guess.

Last edited:

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
Yawkey Way said:
No, perhaps the problem might lie in that you misunderstood what was said. The " facts " are only as good as " the facts " themselves, and the " facts " have to be promoted nationally in a competent, non threatening, non litigitous, non hostile, intelligent, calm and coherent manner by Uconn officials. If you believe that Uconn has effectively promoted themselves nationally in a fact based way, then there will probably continue to be frustration. Uconn seems viewed as uniquely hateful of its current AAC league. The notion that potential recruits to Uconn don't sense this utter hatred for all things AAC, and that this is of no impact to recruiting, is a rather curious conclusion to me. But, maybe I offer a view here on this that seems to have no merit whatsoever. But then Uconn fans have no explanation for things, and the frustration continues, and they scratch their heads and say WTF, or call me names, and off we go on ignore, or profanity, or personal attacks. I offer analysis and suggestion. If its considered BS, then thats that, I guess.

We continued our promotion campaign last year by winning national championships. Thanks for your interest in UConn Athletics.

pj

Reaction Score
I don't know what to tell you if you do not understand the difference between Louisville to the AAC and us to the b12. Listen, I want to be wrong, we are on the same side, but we are not geo positive to the b12.

At some point, you travel by air rather than bus, and it doesn't matter much. UConn is an extra one hour on the flight. Not much different than BYU or UCF to the B12.

Reaction Score
We continued our promotion campaign last year by winning national championships. Thanks for your interest in UConn Athletics.
When it comes to college sports play however, it is primarily football, not basketball, that drives the money train for leagues looking for potential members to their league and to have them make more money.. Had Uconn won these titles in football, they could write their ticket to any league in the country. This is of course no great revelation to you, of course. It is not lost that the rumored interest in Memphis and Cincy by the B12 are with 2 schools left behind by the P5 that are currently at or near the top of the AAC in football.. You should be able to connect the dots to that, and understand that one's success in basketball ( as great as it has been ) is not what is going to someday have the P5 leagues sit up and take notice at what is happening at Uconn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom