The transfer portal opens today | Page 43 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I'm fairly sure the timing and us not being on this list are consequential.
Ohhh you got the @Matrim55 thumbs up. What’s that code for I wonder? lol

This is so exhausting and I’m not even a coach.

Reaction Score
You asked about it as it relates to UConn recruiting Bronny James. So you must think it matters. :confused:

When was UConn an Adidas school? Must have been before my time.

Unfortunately the sneaker brand a school is with does have some influence with the AAU scene and recruiting. Although I would say that to a large degree that is lessening recently.
IT…..WAS….A…..JOKE, for .

Reaction Score
No UConn

My initial thoughts are in regards to UConn not being on this list goes back to the Dogg Pound's lyrics "if it don't make dollars, it don't make sense". I think he would be a great get, but if he is asking for too much then my reaction is to say "pass".

Now, as we know things can change in a hurry with the transfer portal. This is Cliff's final list until it isn't.

Reaction Score
My initial thoughts are in regards to UConn not being on this list goes back to the Dogg Pound's lyrics "if it don't make dollars, it don't make sense". I think he would be a great get, but if he is asking for too much then my reaction is to say "pass".

Now, as we know things can change in a hurry with the transfer portal. This is Cliff's final list until it isn't.
I suspect that list would Reed a whole lot differently a few days ago

Reaction Score
I suspect that list would Reed a whole lot differently a few days ago
I suspect it would Reed a lot differently as well. Reed isn't nearly as coveted or mentioned as much as Cliff. And Cliff, as I was referring to in my initial post, seems like he is just chasing the bag. Reed will get his, and he should, but I am sure Reed transferring is as much about wanting to cleanse his palette from the awful coaching job of Howard as any other motivations.

Reaction Score
I suspect it would Reed a lot differently as well. Reed isn't nearly as coveted or mentioned as much as Cliff. And Cliff, as I was referring to in my initial post, seems like he is just chasing the bag. Reed will get his, and he should, but I am sure Reed transferring is as much about wanting to cleanse his palette from the awful coaching job of Howard as any other motivations.
Well Ballo just got 1.2 million from Indiana. I’m sure Cliff is looking for something similar. Reed is the better more cost efficient option when we know we still have to pay Mcneeley(?), Brea(?), Hausen(?) and whatever freshman from last year we want to return. Our NIL is about 3mil. We don’t have enough to spend 1/3 of it on 1 player.

This is the new language of recruiting. We have to look at this like we look at professional leagues and free agency

Reaction Score
Well Ballo just got 1.2 million from Indiana. I’m sure Cliff is looking for something similar. Reed is the better more cost efficient option when we know we still have to pay Mcneeley(?), Brea(?), Hausen(?) and whatever freshman from last year we want to return. Our NIL is about 3mil. We don’t have enough to spend 1/3 of it on 1 player.

This is the new language of recruiting. We have to look at this like we look at professional leagues and free agency
Where have you seen that? Also with the team being back to back I'm sure it is going up a sizeable amount.

Reaction Score

How does all that get distributed? I’d assume the starters get more but if we’re doing 400k a starter that seems to be a lot less than some of these other schools are throwing around.

Reaction Score
I know KU already has Mayo and Kugel, they're getting Storr and Griffen too?? Only 1 ball, I get that the money is good but what kinda dreams being sold in the portal, somebody isn't gonna be happy with their minutes/shots.

Locked In UConn pod host saying Brea down to KU and UConn. The above commits don't hurt our chances if true based on their positions/skills. Self said he was going to address their team's deficiencies in the off season. KU Brink's truck loaded. Let's get him on campus for the visit.

Reaction Score
Look at the locked on Uconn video I posted in the Liam McNeeley thread
Even if true you would expect a big bump based on back to back euphoria and all the support publicly has been assured Hurely.

Reaction Score

Well, good for Omar Ballo. I am glad he got his bag, seriously. Would I want to pay him 1.2M to play at UConn? Absolutely not.

Reaction Score
Well, good for Omar Ballo. I am glad he got his bag, seriously. Would I want to pay him 1.2M to play at UConn? Absolutely not.
its' crazy...nfl & nba have salary caps/luxury taxes....and only 32 teams...

In college you have 350 teams and no salary cap...how the ncaa let this happen in nuts. (i know there was a lawsuit...but they could have put rules in place)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
its' crazy...nfl & nba have salary caps/luxury taxes....and only 32 teams...

In college you have 350 teams and no salary cap...how the ncaa let this happen in nuts. (i know there was a lawsuit...but they could have put rules in place)
I have a feeling this is going to come back and bite a few schools.

When those who today are willing to cut large checks to acquire talent begin to act with a bit more discretion on how much they'll be willing to pay, there will be kids saying to themselves "I'm a better player but they gave [fill in a name] x amount more than they're offering me. The hell with that!".

Once a school has to start bidding against prior overspending they will run into problems.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I know KU already has Mayo and Kugel, they're getting Storr and Griffen too?? Only 1 ball, I get that the money is good but what kinda dreams being sold in the portal, somebody isn't gonna be happy with their minutes/shots.

They're gonna spend 10 mil on a mean lil S16 appearance.

Reaction Score

When those who today are willing to cut large checks to acquire talent begin to act with a bit more discretion on how much they'll be willing to pay, there will be kids saying to themselves "I'm a better player but they gave [fill in a name] x amount more than they're offering me. The hell with that!".

Once a school has to start bidding against prior overspending they will run into problems.
I hope u are correct

Reaction Score

A fun part of this is that the public numbers are conjecture, so you will have lack of trust over what the actual number.

Being a highest-bidder school is going to be a problem for team unity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom