The transfer portal opens today | Page 45 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score
Think someone posted about this guy previously. Plays a nice all around game and may fit a need. Not too flashy but no obvious weaknesses either. Very local.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Then how were they able to have all the enforcement and eligibility rules? The lawsuit was only for NIL…which they brought upon themselves by using players images without $$
Loved the NCAA back in the day. If my memory serves me they were already using Ryan Boatright’s NIL while combing through his Moms bank accounts looking for payments!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
IMG_1008.jpeg

The football portal scene is wild. Hurley would be losing his mind.

Reaction Score
You need to have some form of backup plan. Hauser and McNeeley (or the likely next choices) are perfect fits for this approach.

If next year's team is successful by UConn's current standard (national title), it will most likely revolve around quantity of quality players over the high quality of a few players.
Well put

Reaction Score
It really is. He grew up and went to high school 3 miles from St Mary's campus in Moraga, California.
Not sure if there is any mutual interest, but I liked what I saw.

He has seen us and has seen how we handled Gonzaga. Maybe, he'd like to be near the Ice Cream Capital of the World too? :)

Or, he just wants to see New England close up.

Pure speculation on my part and wish him well whatever he chooses.

Reaction Score
View attachment 99753

The football portal scene is wild. Hurley would be losing his mind.

Deeply unserious program. I, for one, am glad they fell off a cliff so we could stop getting Steph Curry and LeBron-like coverage of “Coach Prime.” As hectic as the transfer portal and NIL is in CBB, it’s 10x worse in CFB.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
This is NOT speculation. It’s cryptic and frankly I don’t even know what it means. But it’s not nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_8269.jpeg
    IMG_8269.jpeg
    190.5 KB · Views: 410
Reaction Score
This is NOT speculation. It’s cryptic and frankly I don’t even know what it means. But it’s not nothing.

I think this situation could be very good for his development. He’ll spend next season 3rd on the depth chart behind Samson and Reed. His junior year he’ll likely backup Reed while seeing meaningful minutes. And then if he develops to his potential he can take over the reigns his senior season. Not every guy is built to be a contributor from day 1.

Reaction Score
I hate Georgetown. But damn it’ll be good for the big east if they’re good again.
Same with Pitino at St John's and whoever Nova gets when they get back to trying to be competitive. Big media markets and hard to ignore when any shift occurs - and well, the overall competition.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I need a big who can shoot better than 47% free throws. I'll never get it. Anyone can practice and become at least a decent free-throw shooter if you put in the work. It's all technique and repetition. When I was on college, any free time I had I was in the gym practicing foul shots (I played a lot of pickup in parks and at school where you had to make foul shots to get picked, so this was important). I could consistently make 9 of 10 and I was no great baller, but I became a great free-throw and three point shooter from sheer practice. That was pretty much my entire game, plus an occasional put back and rebounding. You focus on your weakness to make them strengths.
The free throw guys have been waiting in vain to pounce for two years. They've been reduced to knocking potential recruits.

Reaction Score
So many of you want to kick Samson and Solo to the curb for shiny new transfers. Glad you're not the coaches. Can't wait for both them of them to excel and laugh at you clowns who want to start mid-major guys over them.
It's almost like we don't expect those guys to play 40 minutes every night and we'll need 2 guys to play at every position...

Reaction Score
It's almost like we don't expect those guys to play 40 minutes every night and we'll need 2 guys to play at every position...
Especially considering I think with our athletic young guys we’ll play a little faster next season

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom