The transfer portal opens today | Page 41 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score
PG: Hass, Nowell
SG: Ball, Portal, Portal
Wing: Stewart/McNeeley(?), Ross
PF: AK, Stewart, Abraham
C: Johnson, Reed(?)

Surprising amount of carryover assuming all our kids come back. We have one player at each position who has started or gotten a lot of minutes. Most teams are seeing heavier turnover.

Optimistic we can land Reed and McNeeley. I think Shooting Guard is our biggest need in the portal right now. Outside of that just smart experienced shooters on the perimeter we can run offense with. We’re not going into the portal with very many needs which is a good spot to be in.
Apostolos???

Reaction Score
Looks like IU is throwing around money with 3 of the top 15 portal guys going that way. Really, in this day and age who the flock just transfers to IU.
Bloomington is an awesome college town and they obviously have tradition, albeit decades ago…it doesn’t surprise me players wanting to play at IU, it surprises me they don’t want to win, which is what you get with Woodson

Reaction Score
Looks like IU is throwing around money with 3 of the top 15 portal guys going that way. Really, in this day and age who the flock just transfers to IU.

That’s why Hurley and staff’s approach is head and shoulders above the competition. Culture, roster construction, fit, and proper nil allocations are the winning formula.

Reaction Score
Universities are already "salary capped." The cap is $0. Any payments above that are subject to NCAA punishment.

Players sued and won their right to make money for their name, image, and likeness use. To make a rule regarding this would violate this court finding.

The NCAA cannot prevent Vuori from giving money to Olivia Dunne to wear their tight-fitting athletic wear. This is American dammit.
Very succinct and 100% accurate post!!

Nickiiiv

NICKIIIV
Reaction Score
No shot we get involved, No shot Z considers us. If he doesn't transfer with Cal to Arkansas, watch him go back over seas. He was rumored to not want to return after winter break because the NCAA drug their feet on his eligibility. Pope is pitching him this morning of the idea of returning to UK. This was a silly thread to open.

Reaction Score
Didn't he have like a 30 pt. game and then barely played after that? I think he could become an absolute stud under Hurley. Definitely worth a call. Why would he follow Calipari to Arkansas when Cal didn't believe in him?
If he stays for college, he probably sticks with Cal, b/c Cal fought hard for his eligibility. It just took too long, and by then the rotation was kind of set. He’s a fun player to watch.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Really wish I knew the true Timberlake story.
I think that's an important question... Did we luck out or was it a master stroke? Or, maybe, just maybe, Timberlake would've thrived in our offense. If DH maintains his current success rate, we can start to make stronger assumptions but the early returns look pretty darn good. Is Alleyne the only player that's transferred in and out under Hurley? I mean, conventional wisdom within the portal has to be that UConn delivers, no?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Big guard who was not ready to be the lead dog. But he can play. If he decides that the team first approach is how he wants to go maybe we look into it. I really did not watch a lot of Kentucky but did see him play well a few times. And to think he was rated higher than Castle and now he may be in college until after his junior year unless there is a major course correction in how he is trending.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
still can get a plump bag full like any Calimari recruit!
Sanogo managed to get a decent bag last year. The foreign NIL thing is stupid. All you have to do is pay them offshore and its legal. In other words there is nothing stopping Foreign players from getting bags of money. This foreign players cant get paid narrative has to stop. If they are worth paying they get paid.

Reaction Score
If Dybantsa, Thomas, Acuff and Aristode come to UConn it will result in another NC in my opinion. UConn, DH and these players will continue the Blue Chip tradition.

Reaction Score
Z to Arkansas.

Not shocking in the least. My guess is a lot of these Kentucky players follow Cal even if it's fun to think they may go somewhere else.

Reaction Score
Z to Arkansas.

Not shocking in the least. My guess is a lot of these Kentucky players follow Cal even if it's fun to think they may go somewhere else.
Well, they clearly aren't concerned with academics, Kentucky vs Arkansas.... Actually, the name on the jersey is irrelevant if guys follow the coach or NIL.

Reaction Score
Z to Arkansas.

Same coach…more money. Why not. Lots of talk about the size of Arkansas NIL. I’m guessing nearly all of the UK guys follow Calimari. That’s how it works in the biz world

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I love Hunter. He's not a great shooter, but I think he got Terry'd. I'm sure he knows where he's going and we kinda have one at home, but I'd love him on the Huskies.

Easy yes. Hunter and Diarra as a backcourt is a great start for a top defense. Put a couple shooter/scorers next to them(Karaban/Stewart?), and you got a well rounded lineup.

Reaction Score
I love Hunter. He's not a great shooter, but I think he got Terry'd. I'm sure he knows where he's going and we kinda have one at home, but I'd love him on the Huskies.

I was disappointed when we missed on him the first time, and the second time, and now I'll be disappointed again

Reaction Score
Z to Arkansas.

Guy needs a new travel agent. Weirdest tour of America you can buy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom