The transfer portal opens today | Page 42 | The Boneyard

The transfer portal opens today

Reaction Score
I love Hunter. He's not a great shooter, but I think he got Terry'd. I'm sure he knows where he's going and we kinda have one at home, but I'd love him on the Huskies.

Probably doesn't make much sense for Hunter or UConn, we already have a really good 6'1 guard and a stud 5'11 guard is coming in.

Reaction Score
Probably doesn't make much sense for Hunter or UConn, we already have a really good 6'1 guard and a stud 5'11 guard is coming in.
Would think we would want a bigger guard to compliment Ball and have more flexibility to play three guards.

Reaction Score
Same coach…more money. Why not. Lots of talk about the size of Arkansas NIL. I’m guessing nearly all of the UK guys follow Calimari. That’s how it works in the biz world
And…they will still suck

Reaction Score
He needs to stop fouling if he wants more minutes. His improvement starts right there. Needs to quit leaning on bigs and just move his feet, and don’t reach.
I’m too lazy to find the hard data right now, but backup bigs tend to foul more than starting bigs, since they have “less to lose”.

For example, this season Clingan’s fouls charged per 40 went down from 5.7 last season to 3.6 this season. Sanogo had 6.7 as a backup but 4.0 as a starter.

Reaction Score
I want Bronny.

Bring me Bronny.

If he doesn't go pro, Hurley is his best shot to actualize whatever level of talent he truly has.

(Although.....are we a Nike/Jordan Brand school?)

Reaction Score
Prefer Brea over Hausen. A Brea, McNeeley, reed off season would be phenomenal
Can any of those shooters handle the rock? This season we always had 3 guys on the court who could bring the ball up the floor and start the offense. If we’re starting Stewart/Karaban/Reed at the 3/4/5, that 2 guard spot HAS to be able to handle the ball.

Reaction Score
Can any of those shooters handle the rock? This season we always had 3 guys on the court who could bring the ball up the floor and start the offense. If we’re starting Stewart/Karaban/Reed at the 3/4/5, that 2 guard spot HAS to be able to handle the ball.
I can’t lie to you and say I know.

Reaction Score

^ 100%. we need a reliable 3rd ball handler besides Hass /Ahmed. we are very low on turnover in '24 because Tristen, Cam and Steph all can do pg duties.

Reaction Score
(Although.....are we a Nike/Jordan Brand school?)
Are you asking if UConn is either a Nike or Jordan Brand school? If you are then I have to question your UConn fandom. They've been a Nike school for as long as I can remember. There's been plenty of news on that related to lots of things. You never noticed the swoosh on their uniforms? I find it hard to believe anyone on the Yard doesn't know this.

Reaction Score
Are you asking if UConn is either a Nike or Jordan Brand school? If you are then I have to question your UConn fandom. They've been a Nike school for as long as I can remember. There's been plenty of news on that related to lots of things. You never noticed the swoosh on their uniforms? I find it hard to believe anyone on the Yard doesn't know this.
LOL I don’t care about apparel logos. There was a time they wore Adidas.

i pay attention to w’s, my man. That’s it and that’s all.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Exactly. 3 tall, ball handling Combo guards isn’t gonna suddenly turn into one short PG and couple of liabilities.

Reaction Score
LOL I don’t care about apparel logos. There was a time they wore Adidas.

i pay attention to w’s, my man. That’s it and that’s all.
You asked about it as it relates to UConn recruiting Bronny James. So you must think it matters. :confused:

When was UConn an Adidas school? Must have been before my time.

Unfortunately the sneaker brand a school is with does have some influence with the AAU scene and recruiting. Although I would say that to a large degree that is lessening recently.

Reaction Score
Seems they were with Russell early in the 90's. Not sure about other points in time.

screen5.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom