The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2023 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2023

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Thank God the Knicks are good again and I can continue to slow play my full attention to Yankee baseball. The little that I’ve watched so far has been pretty gross. The year in and year out injuries are just incredible.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Worst team AL East, no question. Cash is the man lol. Embarrassing team being put on the field in the Bronx. Missed out on SSs, OFers and Olsen at 1B. Even Hal has to see it eventually.
Remember when last season ended and free agents were getting signed? Cash made sure he got his contract before going after Judge.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Remember when last season ended and free agents were getting signed? Cash made sure he got his contract before going after Judge.
Outside looking in perspective:

As opposed to delivering Judge and being let go? Cashman evidently worked the 2022 season as a lame duck. Why wouldn't he leverage Judge's contract?

Reaction Score

This is hilarious and just shows why he is ruining the Yankees. I mean don’t give up on us, the injuries are the reason or else this is a championship team? Cmon Brian you moron quit talking out of both sides of your mouth. Read the people you listed that the team is missing because of injuries please…ALL of those listed are players who have been on the injury lists multiple times this is nothing unusual for this group. Judge had a full year last year but it’s his first in ages. The rest are all usual suspects. This is your roster Brian and once again it will be a failure much like your last few years.

Gausmsn who 2 hit that Yankee lineup just gave up 6 runs in 3 innings to the Sox. The cellar awaits last years East division champions thanks to Cash!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I've been a Yankee fan since my youth. Attended games at the original Yankee Stadium with tghe three monuments in center field. Saw many games in the revamped stadium and have seen many in the new stadium.

But these Yankee teams under Cashman are a huge disappointment. Cashman's trades have been less than acceptable. Baseball has past Cashman and his analytics. He's a joke. Hal Steinbrenner is not without blame.

I don't even follow the team online anymore. Not a fan anymore.

Fortunately I live in Florida about 90 minutes from Tampa and the Trop. Same drive I had from CT to the Stadium. The Rays have past the Yankees in every aspect of the game. Three game series this weekend with the Yanks and Rays. I'm rooting for the Rays!!!

Reaction Score

This is hilarious and just shows why he is ruining the Yankees. I mean don’t give up on us, the injuries are the reason or else this is a championship team? Cmon Brian you moron quit talking out of both sides of your mouth. Read the people you listed that the team is missing because of injuries please…ALL of those listed are players who have been on the injury lists multiple times this is nothing unusual for this group. Judge had a full year last year but it’s his first in ages. The rest are all usual suspects. This is your roster Brian and once again it will be a failure much like your last few years.

Gausmsn who 2 hit that Yankee lineup just gave up 6 runs in 3 innings to the Sox. The cellar awaits last years East division champions thanks to Cash!
No suprise a media that won’t ask him any tough questions. An ownership and front office that doesn’t take any responsibility lining up the excuses, and finger pointing passing blame around.

Maybe you tell the fan base we have to do a better job myself included at least try and sound like a good BSer. It’s comical though seeing the ones in charge of this operation constantly changing their story.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I've been a Yankee fan since my youth. Attended games at the original Yankee Stadium with tghe three monuments in center field. Saw many games in the revamped stadium and have seen many in the new stadium.

But these Yankee teams under Cashman are a huge disappointment. Cashman's trades have been less than acceptable. Baseball has past Cashman and his analytics. He's a joke. Hal Steinbrenner is not without blame.

I don't even follow the team online anymore. Not a fan anymore.

Fortunately I live in Florida about 90 minutes from Tampa and the Trop. Same drive I had from CT to the Stadium. The Rays have past the Yankees in every aspect of the game. Three game series this weekend with the Yanks and Rays. I'm rooting for the Rays!!!
It's pretty amazing what the Rays have done... with limited resources and support.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

Oooof.

Reaction Score
On the positive side...we learn that Rodon has chronic back issues. Great to hear in the first year of his six year deal.

Cash proving he’s worth the new contract yet again. lol

Reaction Score
How is Aaron Hicks still on the Yankees? Dude is the worst player in baseball. What a joke the Yankees have become. Glad I don't care about the team anymore.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Obviously it's still early...but it's interesting to read Buster Olney talk about the Yankees may be sellers this year at the trade deadline. Specifically...Severino may be available.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Big win tonight!!!

I am still laughing at the Ray's pulling Josh Lowe in the 9th. Stupid move with no gut instinct.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Obviously it's still early...but it's interesting to read Buster Olney talk about the Yankees may be sellers this year at the trade deadline. Specifically...Severino may be available.
Why. He retired, no? :confused::confused:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Obviously it's still early...but it's interesting to read Buster Olney talk about the Yankees may be sellers this year at the trade deadline.
And we got Sox fans thrilled with their start. Sad what John Henry has done.

Reaction Score
Nice taking three out of four from Toronto this week, in what was as chirpy a series as I can remember. Aaron Judge looked like the MVP again and even Aaron Hicks had a clutch two-out RBI hit in last night's game. Maybe most importantly, Nestor Cortes looked much more like Nasty Nestor last night after two or three sub-par outings. I had been fearful that the league might have caught up to him, but he did a good job shutting down the Blue Jays. Severino comes back this weekend, which should give the rotation a nice boost.

Reaction Score
Nice taking three out of four from Toronto this week, in what was as chirpy a series as I can remember. Aaron Judge looked like the MVP again and even Aaron Hicks had a clutch two-out RBI hit in last night's game. Maybe most importantly, Nestor Cortes looked much more like Nasty Nestor last night after two or three sub-par outings. I had been fearful that the league might have caught up to him, but he did a good job shutting down the Blue Jays. Severino comes back this weekend, which should give the rotation a nice boost.
Team looks way more watchable with Bader back then Judge coming off the DL. Huge series win, maybe Boone should start getting ejected more.

Still need to see a larger sample size to see if this team is a legit contender will see by mid June or July. I would love Cashman to make me eat a plate of crow. Let’s see how this team does off an emotional series can they ride this momentum.

Reaction Score
Woah, Aaron Hicks was designated for assignment today.

Honestly, this happened earlier than I expected, but it's the right move.

In his place, former Yankee Greg Allen was reacquired by the Yankees from the Red Sox. When I remember him back when he played in 2021, he was a defense/speed guy and the Yankees newly found commitment to base running has made this team more fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Can't say I'm sorry to see Hicks leave as it's been painfully obvious that he wasn't going to snap out of it any time soon. He may be a guy that can revive a career outside of the NYC cauldron. He always seemed to try hard and his teammates seemed to like him, so I'll choose to remember his for his positive moments, including this one.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Can't say I'm sorry to see Hicks leave as it's been painfully obvious that he wasn't going to snap out of it any time soon. He may be a guy that can revive a career outside of the NYC cauldron. He always seemed to try hard and his teammates seemed to like him, so I'll choose to remember his for his positive moments, including this one.

What an arm.

Reaction Score
Great arm, it’s about damn time. It took way too long because Cash didn’t want to admit it was an awful contract, kept hoping he’d prove him right. Like you guys said I’m sure nice enough guy but please go chase your golf dream you’re a dreadful baseball player!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
This game and this play was maybe the highlight of Hicks’s Yankee career. It was a big game in the pennant race and a crazy game with Hicks hitting a game tying hr in the 9th and this catch had it been the last out in the WS, gone down in baseball history. It was the last out in extra innings with NY up by 2, bases loaded with 2 outs and the Twins were a team NY was fighting for a plsyoff spot. He doesn’t catch this it is a bases clearing double and NY loses. He went on to become a pretty useless hitter.

Reaction Score
This game and this play was maybe the highlight of Hicks’s Yankee career. It was a big game in the pennant race and a crazy game with Hicks hitting a game tying hr in the 9th and this catch had it been the last out in the WS, gone down in baseball history. It was the last out in extra innings with NY up by 2, bases loaded with 2 outs and the Twins were a team NY was fighting for a plsyoff spot. He doesn’t catch this it is a bases clearing double and NY loses. He went on to become a pretty useless hitter.

You didn't need to add "pretty" to useless hitter, he was useless. And that may have been his last good play in the field as well, he became a less than average OFer as the years moved on as well. He had one decent year and Cashman fell hook, line and sinker!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom