The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2023 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2023

Reaction Score
This Cabrera/Peraza/Volpe consecutive small ball potential in today's lineup is a lot of fun to watch.

13 combined SBs between the three.

Peraza turns 23 in June...IMO, no reason not to have him up with the Yankees over Hicks once one of Donaldson/Bader/Stanton return.

They can steal bases that’s a good thing. Actually all are very good defensive linemen players as well. But they can’t hit. Honestly I like Peraza better than the others potentially for now. Volpes swing is way too big, can’t watch it. He has a great eye so I hope someone coaches his swing down. He has huge trouble catching up on high heat and it won’t change without changing the swing plane. Cabrera, if he’s starting you’re just not a very good team. He’s a nice piece who can play a bunch of positions but it ends there.

Team is really ugly at the plate right now and it may not change all that much.

Reaction Score
Yankees? I could care less about this team I’ll watch here and there, maybe I’ll tune in more in July, the longer Cashman is here the more interest I lose every year especially with the Knicks and Rangers in the playoffs and the NFL draft approaching with the Giants not saying these teams will win a championship but at least there’s some excitement.

Yankees are just so boring same old story every year. I rather watch Tom Penders club.

Reaction Score
Yankees? I could care less about this team I’ll watch here and there, maybe I’ll tune in more in July, the longer Cashman is here the more interest I lose every year especially with the Knicks and Rangers in the playoffs and the NFL draft approaching with the Giants not saying these teams will win a championship but at least there’s some excitement.

Yankees are just so boring same old story every year. I rather watch Tom Penders club.

You mean the URI team back in the day? Lol I know you mean Jim’s team, I agree. It is the same ol thing very boring offensive team. Hard as hell to watch.

Reaction Score
You mean the URI team back in the day? Lol I know you mean Jim’s team, I agree. It is the same ol thing very boring offensive team. Hard as hell to watch.
I always screw up their first names lol. I would rather a Tom penders coached team too lol.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

This sums my exact feelings. I have watched nearly every single Yankees game since the time I was in middle school.

But I’ve watched a grand total of 3 games this year. Sometimes I don’t even check the score until the next day.

As long as Cashman is running the show, I just can’t invest my time or energy into the team anymore. Last year was the last time I was going to let myself be heart broken.

I’m sure this team will figure out a way to win 90+ games this year and make the playoffs, but nothing with this team has changed and we all know how it will end.

The only interest I have at this point is checking to see how Judge and the young guys are doing. But I’d rather pour bleach in my eyes than watch Hicks, Cordero, IKF and Calhoun seriously be run out there on a daily basis lmao.

Reaction Score
This sums my exact feelings. I have watched nearly every single Yankees game since the time I was in middle school.

But I’ve watched a grand total of 3 games this year. Sometimes I don’t even check the score until the next day.

As long as Cashman is running the show, I just can’t invest my time or energy into the team anymore. Last year was the last time I was going to let myself be heart broken.

I’m sure this team will figure out a way to win 90+ games this year and make the playoffs, but nothing with this team has changed and we all know how it will end.

The only interest I have at this point is checking to see how Judge and the young guys are doing. But I’d rather pour bleach in my eyes than watch Hicks, Cordero, IKF and Calhoun seriously be run out there on a daily basis lmao.

3rd least amount of hits in baseball can you imagine that? And he has a job still. Hal should fire himself for giving Cashman a contract. This team is dreadful.

And because he wouldn’t spend to get a real SS they’re getting Volpe in too early.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
3rd least amount of hits in baseball can you imagine that? And he has a job still. Hal should fire himself for giving Cashman a contract. This team is dreadful.

And because he wouldn’t spend to get a real SS they’re getting Volpe in too early.
But Cashman is doing precisely the exact job Hal wants him to do. Find a perfect balance between payroll & competitiveness, enough so that it keeps the fans engaged but doesn’t threaten the bottom line. Winning in October is a “bonus” not the “mission”. As long as they make the playoffs, Hal seems content.

Cashman is a yes man, who Hal knows can build a playoff bound team every season. Even if any other GM could do much better with the same payroll (how much they spend isn’t the issue, it’s how they spend it) it’s not worth the risk for Hal to give up his sure thing in Cashman.

The only thing that might make Hal change is if viewership & attendance really start to drop. But even if they do, I’ll be he’ll just chalk it up to “a wider league trend” and not a team specific problem.

Reaction Score
But Cashman is doing precisely the exact job Hal wants him to do. Find a perfect balance between payroll & competitiveness, enough so that it keeps the fans engaged but doesn’t threaten the bottom line. Winning in October is a “bonus” not the “mission”. As long as they make the playoffs, Hal seems content.

Cashman is a yes man, who Hal knows can build a playoff bound team every season. Even if any other GM could do much better with the same payroll (how much they spend isn’t the issue, it’s how they spend it) it’s not worth the risk for Hal to give up his sure thing in Cashman.

The only thing that might make Hal change is if viewership & attendance really start to drop. But even if they do, I’ll be he’ll just chalk it up to “a wider league trend” and not a team specific problem.

Right now they aren't good enough to make the playoffs. If indeed that will help make changes this team can't play bad enough for this fan. I can handle a horrible season or 2 to get that ass out of that very important seat, he's awful.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Right now they aren't good enough to make the playoffs. If indeed that will help make changes this team can't play bad enough for this fan. I can handle a horrible season or 2 to get that ass out of that very important seat, he's awful.
Yup. I agree. Unfortunately I assume it will take at least 2 straight losing seasons to even make Hal consider that. Because you know that if they miss the playoffs this year the excuse will be “injuries” or a “loaded” AL East… but if that’s what it will take, let’s make this season 1 of those 2 haha

Reaction Score
Yup. I agree. Unfortunately I assume it will take at least 2 straight losing seasons to even make Hal consider that. Because you know that if they miss the playoffs this year the excuse will be “injuries” or a “loaded” AL East… but if that’s what it will take, let’s make this season 1 of those 2 haha
Aaron Judge needs to speak up more since he’s the captain he has more power then Cashman if he wanted him gone it would happen with enough of the fan base backing Judge and media pressure.

Judge is a great guy but I will say it he needs to be more of a dick if he’s content with his money and going home early every postseason ok but your prime years are being wasted with poorly spent money and a crap analytics team. Not saying he should be like Lebron calling the shots but he should speak up more.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Aaron Judge needs to speak up more since he’s the captain he has more power then Cashman if he wanted him gone it would happen with enough of the fan base backing Judge and media pressure.

Judge is a great guy but I will say it he needs to be more of a dick if he’s content with his money and going home early every postseason ok but your prime years are being wasted with poorly spent money and a crap analytics team. Not saying he should be like Lebron calling the shots but he should speak up more.
That's a tough situation. While it definitely would be good to call him out publicly, because Cashman deserves it, I could see from Judge's perspective how that would look like throwing some of his teammates under the bus.

Now, if he had a private meeting with Hal and leaked to the press that he met with him (but don't leak the contents), that would be the way to do it...

Reaction Score

Aaron Judge needs to perform in the playoffs, he's been god awful the last several playoffs.

Reaction Score
Aaron Judge needs to perform in the playoffs, he's been god awful the last several playoffs.
He does, this team isn’t going to the playoffs. Last year got lucky that Judge had an historical season and Jays being a dissapointment.

Reaction Score
Worst team AL East, no question. Cash is the man lol. Embarrassing team being put on the field in the Bronx. Missed out on SSs, OFers and Olsen at 1B. Even Hal has to see it eventually.

Reaction Score
Worst team AL East, no question. Cash is the man lol. Embarrassing team being put on the field in the Bronx. Missed out on SSs, OFers and Olsen at 1B. Even Hal has to see it eventually.
Orioles and Redsox have jumped the Yankees, Rays and Jays aren’t in the same ball park.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Tonight's lineup is quite the murderers row. 5-9 is brutal. Calhoun batting fifth? This is the team Cashman assembled?

I know injuries are killing them....but injuries always seem to kill them.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Oh...and the outfield is Calhoun, IKF and Cabrera. Hicks can't even crack that lineup.

Time to eat his contract?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Tonight's lineup is quite the murderers row. 5-9 is brutal. Calhoun batting fifth? This is the team Cashman assembled?

I know injuries are killing them....but injuries always seem to kill them.
Indians with a come from behind win tonight.

They only had 4 singles.

Reaction Score
Hey Cliff Spiffy and Ihatepants tell us how great Yankee analytics are, I see it’s working real well.

Reaction Score
Oh...and they don't have a closer.

And they don’t have a manager or GM. Imagine watching Holmes this year crap himself yet you’re going to put a masterpiece of an outing by German in his hands? Boone blew it period complete cluster fk of a team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom