Texas at Tennessee (merged thread) | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Texas at Tennessee (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Before the game, I honestly did not believe TN was up to the challenge of facing TX at this point in the season, but the Vols proved me wrong and deserve credit for a nice win.

With that said, I was shocked at how badly TX played. I thought their senior guards would control the game and they didn’t, even before they lost Atkins. What was worse was how badly their post players were completely overwhelmed by TN. If Holmes comes back after Jan 1, that should help, but that probably isn’t enough to correct their problems in the paint.

Early in this thread I suggested that Kim Mulkey will sleep very well tonight. I also believe Kalani Brown & Lauren Cox are salivating over the thought of dominating the Longhorns inside.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Did anyone notice 3 Texas players fouled out.
Yes, Jatarie White, Caron-Goudreau, and McCarty all fouled out.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
It reminded me of when I used to coach pee-wee basketball. Run down the floor, dribble and shoot. I was not surprised to see Tennessee play that way, but was shocked, shocked at the lack of organized offense by Texas. Will have to say, though, both teams got LOTS of rebounds! (Also, WAY too much hair on both sides!)

Reaction Score
Looks to me Tennessee really won with the attrition from the team. Don't see teammate A yelling at teammate B for the turnovers teammate A caused herself. There's no mopping by players, because they didn't get the ball.

Reaction Score
I only watched the 4th quarter (apparently that was a good thing). I quickly saw that Texas was in deep foul trouble which can really hurt any team but as I watched more I could see that it really wasn't home cooking that was causing this. I do totally disagree on the butt screen as you call it. A player jogging up the court (jogging is a bit too fast a word). The Texas girl come running from behind (with the entire floor to run on) and ran up her backside. Did she brace for it - maybe. Did she stick it out a bit maybe. But why would you run that close to the other teams player (who did not have the ball) unless you were looking for something to happen? It did. No sympathy from me. Keep your head up and your eyes open. As for most other observations on the game quality - wow just wow. Not one for the highlight reef for sure. Tenn kindly accepted the gift they were given by Tex.

Reaction Score
Give Tennessee the credit. They won a game a lot of us -- me included -- thought they'd lose, and not in a close one. Maybe chemistry hasn't come together for TX yet.

Reaction Score
It's amazing that nothing productive came out of the time outs for either team. I think both coaches deserve the unproductive time out award. Shall we call it the Tandem Bicycle award?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
TN has talent and plays with effort. That is enough to be in the top 10. Final 4 is a little different.

Reaction Score
Did anyone notice 3 Texas players fouled out.
The Canadian starter fouled out with only 2 pts, but the camera kept showing her make-up face was just amazing to me.

Reaction Score
Oh c’mon, UT could’ve played lights out and you chumps would still find something to down us about. Yes, I know this is UCONN’s Board, but you guys come on volnation trolling everyday!
Surely you meant champs and not chumps. It has been noted over the years of how knowledgeable UConn fans are of the game. This by writers, talking heads and opponents head coaches.
I get there is a language difference between the north and south along with accents. There is no way our team would be considered 11 time national chumpions by any reasonably sensible source. You entered a room of enlightenment you are not used to. Not sure of why any UConn fan would troll on volnation but there are dummies everywhere. No malice ....:)

Reaction Score
Surely you meant champs and not chumps. It has been noted over the years of how knowledgeable UConn fans are of the game. This by writers, talking heads and opponents head coaches.
I get there is a language difference between the north and south along with accents. There is no way our team would be considered 11 time national chumpions by any reasonably sensible source. You entered a room of enlightenment you are not used to. Not sure of why any UConn fan would troll on volnation but there are dummies everywhere. No malice ....:)

I digress..we will never agree on this subject..

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sad-Jordan-Texas.jpg

Reaction Score

Yes wholeheartedly agree with your comment here..... again much congrats to Tennessee on their win today.... perhaps this class of recruits will make a mark unlike other recent classes we have seen of theirs that we expected to do better.

And ya, the peeps coming on the site here who are rude..... we don't need you!!! I love hearing critique and opinion of others..... but please no trash talking....

Reaction Score
Entering this game I was hoping to see both Tenn and Texas freshmen's performance.
I am impressed by Westbrook but where are Boothe and Patterson?

Reaction Score
huge win for my team tonight. Nared is a beast and is one of the toughest players to ever wear orange. she is scared of NOTHING. sloppy game but i'll take a W over the #2 team (regardless of whether folks think they are the "real" #2 or not)

Reaction Score
huge win for my team tonight. Nared is a beast and is one of the toughest players to ever wear orange. she is scared of NOTHING. sloppy game but i'll take a W over the #2 team (regardless of whether folks think they are the "real" #2 or not)

LV9 Congratulations!!! I have always been a HUGE Nared fan..... she can play on my team anytime.... good luck the rest of the way

Reaction Score
Ok, while it's fresh in our heads:

Anyone predict UCONN - Texas score our next game?
\'

92--74 Texas at home. McCarty won't be handicapped\\

Before the game, I honestly did not believe TN was up to the challenge of facing TX at this point in the season, but the Vols proved me wrong and deserve credit for a nice win.

With that said, I was shocked at how badly TX played. I thought their senior guards would control the game and they didn’t, even before they lost Atkins. What was worse was how badly their post players were completely overwhelmed by TN. If Holmes comes back after Jan 1, that should help, but that probably isn’t enough to correct their problems in the paint
Early in this thread I suggested that Kim Mulkey will sleep very well tonight. I also believe Kalani Brown & Lauren Cox are salivating over the thought of dominating the Longhorns inside.
\
Texas won't be this push over for Uconn. Nor is UTn as good as some may think. Too many missed shots, sloppy ball handling by both teams--yet we cannot put the precision expectations of Uconn on other teams. This game was truly a game for Tx to lose--i.e. they had the lead in the 4th until poor ball handling and foul trouble caused Tx problems. @oldude-your pre game beliefs were accurate--who could predict the quality of this game?\
Kim Mulkey may sleep well tonight--but there are sleepless nights in her future from TX

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
huge win for my team tonight. Nared is a beast and is one of the toughest players to ever wear orange. she is scared of NOTHING. sloppy game but i'll take a W over the #2 team (regardless of whether folks think they are the "real" #2 or not) (despite the fact that Texas was the most overrated #2 team in the history of basketball)

Fixed that for ya.

Reaction Score
Thanks I know they had some struggles today. I think you could see a little of why Tennessee fans are so excited about the team and the freshman.

And Tennessee got hosed by those refs. Easily the worst officiated game (men's or women's) I've seen this year. Tennessee looks legit this year, but I'm still not convinced that Holly can get you back to the Final 4. Texas seems very over-rated, while Tennessee seems very under-rated. Congrats on the W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom