Texas at Tennessee (merged thread) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Texas at Tennessee (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok, while it's fresh in our heads:

Anyone predict UCONN - Texas score our next game?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Margo should be over the Top with the win over Texas. Every time Texas got the game down to 1 - 3 points, they self destructed. You would have thought they were the young team and the Lady Vols had the experience. Give this young Lady Vol team credit they held their own each and every time Texas got the game close. I kept waiting for the Texas experience to come through and it never did. Lady Vols did play good defense, but how many of the Texas errors were unforced and/or taking Poor Shots. Texas' Senior starting guards had two assists for the game and the team only had 9 on 28 made baskets.

Impressed that this Lady Vol team held on for the win. Not impressed with either teams overall play, especially Texas. Texas did miss Joyner Holmes but should have been able to win this game without her.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Yes Texas did not play well today, but give credit to the Lady Vols.... a great win for them..... I think the jury is still out ...at least for me.... as far as if they are "back" to the top shelf team of old.... I want to see them be consistent in these type of games before I pass judgment.... but today a wonderful win for their program.... Congrats to them and I am happy for our LV posters.
Tenn does show talent with the freshman yet also the same old “zero offensive flow”. We will know if they are legitimate with their SEC play and if they finish in top 4. Could be but could also be Texas was way over rated and had not played anyone notable up to this point.

Reaction Score
This version of Lady Vols still don't like to pass the ball...especially if Hayes has the ball.

Maybe that’s why the recruits went there. Knowing I can play “me” and not “we”

Reaction Score
Oh c’mon, UT could’ve played lights out and you chumps would still find something to down us about. Yes, I know this is UCONN’s Board, but you guys come on volnation trolling everyday!
\
Hey I'm a Uconn fan and I picked the Vols over Texas---Nared and Russell both in double figures--could have been in the 30's if they made their FT's.

Reaction Score
After watching this game I believe both teams should attend a seminar on how to pass the ball to their teammates. I have never seen so much one on one basketball in my life!

Reaction Score
Wow what a battle. A good win for Tennessee :)
Really, in what way was this a GOOD win . That game was awful to watch and the play by both teams was horendous. Texas basicly handed you the win with their lack of fundemantals and ability to inbound, pass, defend and not foul. Be careful what you think is a good win. Somw where down the road you will meet a team that can do all of the above.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
A really strange game
The Tennessee freshman are not devoid of talent
Texas allowed 5 or 6 layups at the end and UTenn obliged by hitting them

They tried to give Texas a chance but Texas couldn't get out of its own way.
If that's anywhere near the level that Karen Anston coaches at, recruits will eventually figure out that they're not going to develop deep in the heart of...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Oh c’mon, UT could’ve played lights out and you chumps would still find something to down us about. Yes, I know this is UCONN’s Board, but you guys come on volnation trolling everyday!
Go back through the thread here and see how many people *from other teams* were commenting about the poor quality of play.

A Louisville fan said it was the worst basketball they had ever seen.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Troll.jpg

Reaction Score
Two challenged offensive teams big-time! TN 48/ TX 44 at the end of the 3rd period!
TX was way over rated! Should have been bottom 5 not top 5!
Both inconsistent on both offensive and defensive ends of the floor!
It is early in the season but both clubs are going to have to improve 110% to be competitive in March and April!

Reaction Score
I only watched the 2nd half and I thought I was watching an NBA game. Both teams had 4 players standing around while the one with the ball goes 1-on-1. Today, Tennessee was the better "NBA" team.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Really, in what way was this a GOOD win . That game was awful to watch and the play by both teams was horendous. Texas basicly handed you the win with their lack of fundemantals and ability to inbound, pass, defend and not foul. Be careful what you think is a good win. Somw where down the road you will meet a team that can do all of the above.
Texas was ranked no 2 coming in. Antonelli said about Texas so you drop in the polls so what it's December. After all there is still a lot of basketball left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom