Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is the kid I want for the WF slot. Those skills totally transfer and he can shoot the rock nice as hell.
Carbon copy of J. Lamb
There's a lot to work with there.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
I love his shooting touch and he's got some Rashad in him, which could come in really handy. I'm not sure if he has the lateral quickness or not to be a good enough defender...often hard to tell from one or two videos. Excellent looking player and great to see how hard he is working!

Some 'Shad, some Rip , some Lamb and soon to be some DHam........nice game!!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
A long athletic shooter who can rise up hit deep contested shots off the dribble? And work ethic to boot? Sign me up!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Also, kid seems to have hit a growth spurt of some sort 247 had him listed at 6'4 a few months ago according to his twitter hevjust got measured at 6'7

Reaction Score
He looks like about 6'5" maybe 6-5 1/2"......but who cares, he can play.

Anyone say anything about Clarkes visit to Creighton?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
All 3 of them look good. Each brings something different. Can someone please organize a round-robin 1 on 1 with Jones, Clarke & Mack so I can know who to pull for?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Oh no we are really out on Chris Clarke now.....
Oh my god no were not. Y'all read into this stuff way too much. You're reading too much into KO even talking to other players of similar positions, and you're reading too much into these recruits heads. You can not assume that Clarke, Mack, and Jones all think that only 1 of them can commit to UConn. It's not the case and I guarantee that they are not thinking about it as much as the posters on the Yard are. We have AT LEAST 2 scholarships left to hand out…maybe 3 and maybe even 4 depending on how things work out. This can be a 5 player class realistically. We can take a class of Adams, Clarke, Mack, Enoch, and Stone for example. With how few players we will have on our roster after this season, this is doable. The roster would look like this:

PG's: Jalen Adams, Sam Cassell Jr, Terrence Samuel
SG's: Rodney Purvis, Chris Clarke, Omar Calhoun
SF's: Daniel Hamilton, Tevin Mack
PF's: Kentan Facey, Steve Enoch, Rakim Lubin
C's: Amida Brimah, Diamond Stone, Phil Nolan

The bolded players could be gone to the NBA by then, and it any of them are, that's 13 players on scholarship. Look, Enoch knows he won't necessarily start right away. Clarke wouldn't either if Purvis or Hamilton are still here. Also, as much as I want Stone, there's a good chance that he doesn't come. In which case we DEFINITELY have room for 2 SF/SG-type players (Mack, Clarke, Jones)

So don't think that we have no chance with a player just because we're still recruiting others. Don't read so much into it.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
7 Mau - to the good guys
And how about Mack?

I'd take either kid, mind you - but always prefer the one with a jump shot.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Oh my god no were not. Y'all read into this stuff way too much. You're reading too much into KO even talking to other players of similar positions, and you're reading too much into these recruits heads. You can not assume that Clarke, Mack, and Jones all think that only 1 of them can commit to UConn. It's not the case and I guarantee that they are not thinking about it as much as the posters on the Yard are. We have AT LEAST 2 scholarships left to hand out…maybe 3 and maybe even 4 depending on how things work out. This can be a 5 player class realistically. We can take a class of Adams, Clarke, Mack, Enoch, and Stone for example. With how few players we will have on our roster after this season, this is doable. The roster would look like this:
Dude, I was totally joking, thus the "......" those were meant to emphasize my sarcasm. I already stated my opinion on the matter of those dismissing our chances with Clarke when he didn't commit after his visit and we offered Mack

Recruiting gets everyone so riled up sometimes, myself included ;)

Reaction Score
Mack seems like very nice perimeter player. He's very Rip-like, with a high motor to get open. I really like players like that (Go-getters). His outside shot off screens brings back Rip memories. To me, he's more of a 2 guard, than SF and would look great next to slahsing Clarke or Jones. Yeah, Briscoe & Newman are studs, but Mack can be quite productive in his own right. It's about putting the ball in the basket, not highlight dunks or flashy plays. I really like this guy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Mack seems like very nice perimeter player. He's very Rip-like, with a high motor to get open. I really like players like that (Go-getters). His outside shot off screens brings back Rip memories. To me, he's more of a 2 guard, than SF and would look great next to slahsing Clarke or Jones. Yeah, Briscoe & Newman are studs, but Mack can be quite productive in his own right. It's about putting the ball in the basket, not highlight dunks or flashy plays. I really like this guy.

Outside shot was set up by Hickory running the picket fence for Jimmy Chipwood.

Out of Clarke, Jones and Mack, Mack has the best handle and footwork. His catch and shoot footwork is textbook and he has the mid-range pull up 12'-15' shot.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
To me, he's more of a 2 guard, than SF...
In the NBA, yeah. In college, guys like Mack - and Rip, and Ray and Lamb - actually spend more time at SF.

Either way, though, this kid looks impressive. Would love to get him to Storrs.

Reaction Score
In the NBA, yeah. In college, guys like Mack - and Rip, and Ray and Lamb - actually spend more time at SF.

Either way, though, this kid looks impressive. Would love to get him to Storrs.

It's really how you play that defines a player, not by how tall you are or who you guard. Some are too concerned with if you're the 3rd tallest player, you're automatically a SF (that's a true evaluation). I've had my haters who say there's no such thing as a 3-guard line up, but it does exist. Go back to Ollie-Shefffer-Allen (all guards) and El-Amin-Moore-Hamilton (all guards) and Boatright-Napier-Lamb (all guards). Pretty sure UConn listed them all as guards. It's never a bad thing to have too many guards. 3 guards + 2 bigs can be quite productive. :)

Reaction Score
It's really how you play that defines a player, not by how tall you are or who you guard. Some are too concerned with if you're the 3rd tallest player, you're automatically a SF (that's a true evaluation). I've had my haters who say there's no such thing as a 3-guard line up, but it does exist. Go back to Ollie-Shefffer-Allen (all guards) and El-Amin-Moore-Hamilton (all guards) and Boatright-Napier-Lamb (all guards). Pretty sure UConn listed them all as guards. It's never a bad thing to have too many guards. 3 guards + 2 bigs can be quite productive. :)

UConn listed all of Hamilton, Allen, and Lamb as F/G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom