Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 39 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yea I know it was a reach. Stone is from Wisconsin land of the cheese heads.
He got the reference. Used the Canadian Eh reference which is used in parts of Wisky land.

Reaction Score
To those keeping score - C. Evans switched his pick from good guys to VCU.

Reaction Score
LOL.....thanks. I will not ask for any more I will just assume you have a solid reason!! ;)

Reaction Score
Are we sure Ollie is going to see Mack today? He has media day then hes going to visit 2017 wing Jordan Tucker in NY. I suppose he can fly out after.

Reaction Score
Are we sure Ollie is going to see Mack today? He has media day then hes going to visit 2017 wing Jordan Tucker in NY. I suppose he can fly out after.
I believe he is visiting Mack tomorrow. Ricky M is going today

Reaction Score
I believe he is visiting Mack tomorrow. Ricky M is going today

"Connecticut assistant coaches will be in Tuesday with head coach Kevin Ollie planning to visit Wednesday."

According to the article posted earlier he is due on Wednesday.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This thread went silent. I take it 99 did not set up surveillance inside the Mack home for tonight's meeting?

Reaction Score
I am so so on mack. I rather hold the ship and wait on stone. If we land stone that would open better doors. Sorry may not be a popular view
Whatever happens in recruiting battles, things have tended to work themselves out for UConn.

I take that to mean: if we get him, great; if we don't, I'm sure we'll survive--and thrive--going forward.

Reaction Score
I am so so on mack. I rather hold the ship and wait on stone. If we land stone that would open better doors. Sorry may not be a popular view

I agree 100%. Landing Stone would make UConn much more attractive to both Briscoe and Newman. I think we have a real shot at Briscoe with Stone and do not without him. People say we are out on Newman at this point, but the fluidity of recruiting could be in our favor if we could get a commitment from Stone.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I don't see what one has to do with the other.

Get Stone and our class is balling and sexy. That means that one last scholarship looks more and more appealing to recruits more highly regarded than Mack.

pj

Reaction Score

Stone is going to decide soon so there's nothing much to hold. If we miss on Mack, no big deal, we will have a ship for Briscoe/Newman/Jones or a late bloomer in the spring, or can save it for next year. As soon as we get Stone we've had a successful recruiting year. Crossing my fingers.

Reaction Score
Get Stone and our class is balling and s e xy. That means that one last scholarship looks more and more appealing to recruits more highly regarded than Mack.

Like who? Mack plays a different position than Briscoe and Newman, and with Adams, Cassell, and Samuel already in the fold, the wing position is really a bigger need. I don't think turning down Mack on the slim chance that Stone is going to attract a Briscoe or Newman is wise.

Reaction Score
Ray Allen scored in double figures in 20+ games coming off the bench for UConn if not mistaken (I know SG vs. SF). Then became a legend after playing at UConn. I don't see the start of Mack's career much different with our returning roster. If that is a barrier to his success he is NOT a HUNGRY HUSKY. Of course I want Mack. More importantly I want Mack to embrace the UConn challenge.

Reaction Score
Like who? Mack plays a different position than Briscoe and Newman, and with Adams, Cassell, and Samuel already in the fold, the wing position is really a bigger need. I don't think turning down Mack on the slim chance that Stone is going to attract a Briscoe or Newman is wise.
We are doing all we can to land Mack. That is clearly the right strategy as you mention above. It is time for the process to end though. We got in a bit late and made a hard push. Time to move on. He prolly will be watching another NC game he wishes the school he was affiliated with was a part of. Happens all the time with guys like this. Larrier last year ect ect..

Reaction Score
Ray allen was 1 in 1000000. Trying to connect ray to any one is kinda foolish

Ray Allen scored in double figures in 20+ games coming off the bench for UConn if not mistaken (I know SG vs. SF). Then became a legend after playing at UConn. I don't see the start of Mack's career much different with our returning roster. If that is a barrier to his success he is NOT a HUNGRY HUSKY. Of course I want Mack. More importantly I want Mack to embrace the UConn challenge.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

I don't disagree. Just trying to clarify the previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom