Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 40 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ray allen was 1 in 1000000. Trying to connect ray to any one is kinda foolish
Not when you are recruiting. It is good to have all the facts. Especially when you can use it to your advantage. Its called due diligence. Foolish to think otherwise.

Reaction Score
I am so so on mack. I rather hold the ship and wait on stone. If we land stone that would open better doors. Sorry may not be a popular view

Mack seems to be a wonderful floor spacer. Surround him with big bodies down low, ball handlers/drivers... Mack could be an excellent player @ UConn. His skill level seems to be a great need & he could exploit it @ UConn. I think his handle is underrated. He's a go-getter. I see a lot of Rip/Ray in him. Energy Galore. The guy knows how to get open & read screens. Perfect compliment to me. For me, he's up there with Stone. Mack & Stone are perfect compliments. Outside/Inside. Great balance. Pick your poison on defense...

Reaction Score
Mack seems to be a wonderful floor spacer. Surround him with big bodies down low, ball handlers/drivers... Mack could be an excellent player @ UConn. His skill level seems to be a great need & he could exploit it @ UConn. I think his handle is underrated. He's a go-getter. I see a lot of Rip/Ray in him. Energy Galore. The guy knows how to get open & read screens. Perfect compliment to me. For me, he's up there with Stone. Mack & Stone are perfect compliments. Outside/Inside. Great balance. Pick your poison on defense...

Cool I am happy to be wrong ...

Reaction Score
Mack has better game than Clarke IMO. No question he would be a great addition. I am not 100% sold on the go-getter part though. We will soon see. SC & Georgia regardless of location are dark holes from a basketball perspective.

Reaction Score
Cool I am happy to be wrong ...

I'm not calling you wrong, you report good stuff, so no bones with you. I just think Mack could thrive at UConn based on our recruiting mix. We've had some wonderful wings; Allen/Rip/Caron/Lamb etc. I just think he has a unique quality to him. It's not all about the high reel dunks with me.

Reaction Score
Mack has better game than Clarke IMO. No question he would be a great addition. I am not 100% sold on the go-getter part though. We will soon see. SC & Georgia regardless of location are dark holes from a basketball perspective.

I'm pretty sure scouting reports have indicated Mack is an attacker, a relentless worker. He just knows how to score from the perimeter. Clarke has a great motor too, as a driver & energy guy. One as a slasher, the other from outside. Pick your poison, but if we get Stone, the paint could be tight with possibly Stone, Brimah, Facey, Lubin & Enoch down there. I just think Mack is a better fit. Can never have enough shooters.

Reaction Score
Any theories as to why not? Did the meeting with Moore go poorly and it just seemed not worth additional effort? Did it go so well that it didn't seem Ollie needed to go and sew things up?

Reaction Score
Tea leaves, Clarke.

Don't think you can read much into the non-visit without more info. With KO's schedule today fitting in a trip to S. Carolina was ambitious to say the least. And who knows whether reports that he was going to visit were even accurate in the first place.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
VCU board seems to think we are completely out of the equation... That he told us he wasn't coming here?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Don't think you can read much into the non-visit without more info. With KO's schedule today fitting in a trip to S. Carolina was ambitious to say the least. And who knows whether reports that he was going to visit were even accurate in the first place.
That's my guess. KO, RB and AB looked beat in their interviews with Erika. The AAC media day probably went longer than planned and KO couldn't make his flight.

Reaction Score
One of two possibilities seem likely. Either Mack told KO that UConn is no longer on his list...or very possibly, Clarke has told KO that he's going to be a Husky! :cool:

Reaction Score
I hope, Meyer has been swearing up and down since the weekend his "intel" says Va Tech
I have no clue just hoping that might be the reason, somebody else posted they heard a lot of chatter about Clarke and UConn today. I no longer have any idea what to think with these wing recruits, we will find out about Clarke tomorrow.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Doesn't look like anything is imminent with Mack.

The home team is making this hard on the out of towners. Lots of pressure there.

Frank Martin will be back in on Monday.

Ideally, UConn wouldn't be scrumming with the likes of USC, UGa and VCU for a recruit, but these are strange days..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
Doesn't look like anything is imminent with Mack. The home team is making this hard on the out of towners. Lots of pressure there. Frank Martin will be back in on Monday. Ideally, UConn wouldn't be scrumming with the likes of USC, UGa and VCU for a recruit, but these are strange days..

Well, we can't have anyone on our staff worrying about Mack for the next two days.

Everybody must get Stone.

Reaction Score
Fishy said:
You high-fived yourself after that one, didn't you?

Hey - it's late, even out here. And my pre-bedtime drugs are starting to kick in.

Reaction Score
Doesn't look like anything is imminent with Mack.

The home team is making this hard on the out of towners. Lots of pressure there.

Frank Martin will be back in on Monday.

Ideally, UConn wouldn't be scrumming with the likes of USC, UGa and VCU for a recruit, but these are strange days..

Considering the overall success and prestige of the program, it's amazing how hard they seem to have to fight to get kids away from tier 2(or worse) programs.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We always have something around our necks - for a stretch, it was Calhoun's age. (Something you never hear about K or JB or (insert old coach here)).

It's the conference. Everything, and I mean everything should be rolling this school's way, and we're still scrapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom