Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn) | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if he actually visits any other places between now and September. If he doesn't, it's hard to imagine him not committing during the official visit.

Reaction Score
Since he is new to the limelight, I can't blame the young man for enjoying some time being wooed by major programs. After a little of that, he should make the clear choice for the perfect fit UConn offers.

Us missing out on late blooming CT bigs (Camby and Vin Baker come to mind) sucks, but it sounds like we are playing this one right.

Reaction Score
Really think this kid will be a beast in college. Esp year 2 & or 3. Upside Upside Upside. Very very skilled. Love his game!

Reaction Score
And his whole family are UCONN fans. It would be strange if KO wants him and he went elsewhere- more strange then Price Ali bailing after we won a NC because we are not loaded at the PF position unlike the 1-3.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
I really want Enoch - I hate it when we let homegrown studs get away from us, especially in this case when he is in our backyard and a UConn fan. I believe it's not a matter of IF but a matter WHEN he decides to commit to us.

I think the only way we don't land him is if he decides after Stone announces and he chooses us, then Enoch may be a bit wary of coming in plus our staff might not want two bigs

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I like having CT players on the team. Including T.O.

Reaction Score
Steve Enoch
PF, 6-10, 220, 2015
Norwalk High School (CT)

Only 16 years old, Enoch is a bouncy forward who plays with great activity in and around the lane. He runs the floor exceptionally well, but can also step out and knock down the 15-foot jumper with consistency. Enoch runs the floor, can spread the defense with his jumper, and rebounds with urgency. He’s also a terrific on-ball defender, with the athleticism to alter and reject shots in the lane.

Enoch has had a meteoric rise this summer, and he continued his strong play at the Big Strick. He should continue to make headlines as he looks to develop a true post game. Everything else—size, rebounding, mid-range shooting—is already there.

http://www.slamonline.com/college-hs/high-school/big-strick-classic-recap-3/

Reaction Score
I really want Enoch - I hate it when we let homegrown studs get away from us, especially in this case when he is in our backyard and a UConn fan. I believe it's not a matter of IF but a matter WHEN he decides to commit to us.

I think the only way we don't land him is if he decides after Stone announces and he chooses us, then Enoch may be a bit wary of coming in plus our staff might not want two bigs

Stone and Enoch play different positions

Reaction Score

Staff not wanting two bigs is not likely. That's like saying you have too much starting pitching... not gonna happen.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Stone and Enoch play different positions
Umm yea I realize that but grouping PFs and Cs together as bigs for argument sake. Look at the frontcourt we will have returning: Brimah, Facey, Nolan and Lubin. Are you going to add two more bigs to that group?...maybe but I don't think so
I think they land one big, a wing and an SG (or combo guard). It all depends on how it shakes out and who we miss out on - I'm sure the staff has their preferences but it will be dictated by the recruits that we have offers out to, not the other way around

Reaction Score
Umm yea I realize that but grouping PFs and Cs together as bigs for argument sake. Look at the frontcourt we will have returning: Brimah, Facey, Nolan and Lubin. Are you going to add two more bigs to that group?...maybe but I don't think so
I think they land one big, a wing and an SG (or combo guard). It all depends on how it shakes out and who we miss out on - I'm sure the staff has their preferences but it will be dictated by the recruits that we have offers out to, not the other way around

Ok well I don't group PFs/Cs together.. especially not those 2 because they bring totally different skills to the table. In fact, their games complement each other well. And like it was said earlier in the thread, we're not turning down size.. especially size with the skill that these guys have.

Reaction Score

Adam Finkelstein of ESPN/NERR said the staff wants two bigs and one wing

Sherwyn Cooper
@BallasTV
@AdamFinkelstein Uconn still have a chance with any more elite guards?

Adam Finkelstein
@AdamFinkelstein
@BallasTV not sure that's a priority for them. Definitely want a wing & 2 bigs.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Yeah, but Nolan/Brimah will be juniors at that point. And Brimah might be gone after Jr year if he continues his claimed meteoric improvement. Can never have too many quality big men. See UK.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Yeah, but Nolan/Brimah will be juniors at that point. And Brimah might be gone after Jr year if he continues his claimed meteoric improvement. Can never have too many quality big men. See UK.
I agree that you can never have too many big men in the stable. Same point you made for Brimah can be made for Purvis, some optimists have him potentially leaving after next season, but realistically he could leave after his junior year as well, and that would leave us with a hole at SG

KO has shown that he loves his guards, I'm not 100% sure if that's by design or due to him working with whatever personnel he had the last two years. We will see if he places more of a priority on bigs in the next few recruiting classes.

pj

Reaction Score
A normal roster is 5 bigs, but apart from Brimah none of our bigs look to be dominating players. Brimah may leave early, we'll see how Lubin does. We have quality perimeter guys so it's much easier to improve the team by recruiting bigs.

It wouldn't be a disaster to get Enoch and no center, but it would put a lot of pressure on 2016 recruiting to bring in an elite center who could play right away. There aren't many of those.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Adam Finkelstein of ESPN/NERR said the staff wants two bigs and one wing

Sherwyn Cooper
@BallasTV
@AdamFinkelstein Uconn still have a chance with any more elite guards?

Adam Finkelstein
@AdamFinkelstein
@BallasTV not sure that's a priority for them. Definitely want a wing & 2 bigs.

If the guards are Newman and Beasley, they will make space for them. Otherwise it looks like Derrick Jones and Clarke. Bigs are Enoch, Stone, Baptiste and Koumadje.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
PN will be a Senior by the time Enoch or Stone would arrive, no? I think both would be great.

Reaction Score
If the guards are Newman and Beasley, they will make space for them. Otherwise it looks like Derrick Jones and Clarke. Bigs are Enoch, Stone, Baptiste and Koumadje.

Sure they'll take another guard but if Purvis is here in another year I don't really see it as a huge need for this year's class.

Reaction Score

For wings and guards, you're likely returning Samuel, Purvis, Hamilton, Cassell, and Calhoun while adding Adams. That's a much more talented group than Brimah/Nolan/Facey/Lubin, so yeah, I'd be more inclined to add two bigs than two more wings/guards.

Reaction Score
I've said this before, but I really think that staff sees adding another guard more as a luxury than a necessity. If Malik Newman wants to come, you say yes then figure out a way afterwards how to make that work. But they should be prioritizing wings and bigs.

Reaction Score
Fans forget- or don't mention that Samuel will be an a Junior at this point and if he continues to improve (as much as he did last year) could easily be a starting PG for us at that time. Him and Jalen pay great D and would give teams fits on the floor at the same time. If one of DH or SCJ hang around for a who years we will have options at every position just like most blue bloods should.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
For wings and guards, you're likely returning Samuel, Purvis, Hamilton, Cassell, and Calhoun while adding Adams. That's a much more talented group than Brimah/Nolan/Facey/Lubin, so yeah, I'd be more inclined to add two bigs than two more wings/guards.
Yea I hear ya on which group is more talented - just curious to see if KO wants to keep his guard heavy lineup mindset.

Another reason why I want Jones is because he can fill the stretch 4 role and this way adding two bigs isn't a must. I believe the staff views Jones as that DD stretch 4 who almost seems like a waste of length at the 3. I think the stretch 4 or at least a 4 that is athletic and can run the court (i.e. Enoch) is best suited for KO's type of style on offense.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We went through our championship year with Boat, Bazz, Omar who headed toward extinction, Samual & Kromah and some part of Giffey. I don't think we were using 5 of them as a guard/wing the same stretch. In 2015 we will have 6 guards and wings and everyone wants at least 7.
I think we were pretty guard oriented last year with 5 players. We were by far the weaker in the front court. To that, we added Lubin. Still a weakness. Still the positions that draw the most fouls.
Nolan will be on his way out in the 2015 year. If Brimah does what we hope, he may leave after his Jr. year
I don't get people clamoring for a guard! We are deep in guards We need help in the front court. It was our weakness last year. It will probably be our weakness this year. We have a chance to make it a strength. Stone & Enoch would be perfect!

Reaction Score
Hmmm...

@Tallflow: I want to be able to supply minutes off the bench and be effective freshman year. #goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom