Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn) | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I really hope we get him. Looks like a great fit in KO's system. Really impressed with his shooting form and touch. He moves pretty well, but isn't overly explosive. Overall, it looks like he has a really developed offensive game.

My only concern is, for a 6'10'' guy, he barely gets above the rim.

Reaction Score
the 1 minute highlight video didn't show a guy in the middle of the court with a microphone once. How bout you redirect your smart aleck comments somewhere else.
Perhaps you were getting sick during the portion of the video when they showed him. Because he's in there.

Reaction Score
I really hope we get him. Looks like a great fit in KO's system. Really impressed with his shooting form and touch. He moves pretty well, but isn't overly explosive. Overall, it looks like he has a really developed offensive game.

That does seem troubling. I do have faith that playing in the highest level of the NEPSAC against the best high school competition the U.S has to offer, will do wonder for his overall game as well as athleticism. St. thomas moore is known for sending their graduates off to college ready to contribute right away. Strength and Conditioning is a top priority at these NEPSAC schools.

Reaction Score
the 1 minute highlight video didn't show a guy in the middle of the court with a microphone once. How bout you redirect your smart aleck comments somewhere else.

1. Yes it did, it's 20 seconds into the video.
2. The guy was agreeing with you about defense not being played. Maybe it's you that needs to be redirected somewhere else.

Reaction Score
Perhaps you were getting sick during the portion of the video when they showed him. Because he's in there.

Yeah is he holding anyone back from playing defense, like our fellow poster has implied... I don't think so.

Reaction Score
That could have something to do with his thigh injury which I believe he suffered before this event. Also, he's still only 16 I believe and is young for his grade. Some kids in his grade are two years older which means a lot in physical maturation.

Reaction Score

I may be a smart aleck but I'm not blind. Oh, and lay off the coffee.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Perfect stretch 4 in our system and hes from CT!? sign this kid up immed.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Gimmee Gimmee Gimmee...he can certainly develop into a stretch 4

He won't be strictly a perimeter player so as his jumper and range continues to improve he will become a matchup nightmare - threat to score from inside and out

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
You think that team he's playing against is better than Florida or Kentucky? Don't go crazy with the comparisons over a high school kid's highlights.

Ern, I made no comparison between the team he's playing and Florida or Kentucky. I said he looks stronger than Phil, Brimah, and Deandre, due to his broad and defined shoulders. As far as offensive skill, he showed a pick and pop 3, fall away mid range, and a shake and hook shot, which are skills that only Deandre possessed last year. Hence, "He already looks stronger and more skilled on the offensive end". You are more than welcome to disagree with my opinion.

Reaction Score
Block on Govan. Also tenacious inbound D one play.....I'm sure that wasn't expected....

Reaction Score
I really want Enoch at UConn, but honestly there are zero takeaways based on this particular mix tape.

Reaction Score
I get some takeaways especially the left hand the the early baseline back in and smooth jump hook……..he has prototypical PF game potential and I love that. Hope he visits and says I want to play for my home state Huskies!

Reaction Score
Being from CT should give 'him' a recruiting bonus point when compared to out of state recruits.

All I'm saying is that I always want at least one in-state kid on our roster. I hope the staff feels the same way.

Reaction Score
Ern, I made no comparison between the team he's playing and Florida or Kentucky. I said he looks stronger than Phil, Brimah, and Deandre, due to his broad and defined shoulders. As far as offensive skill, he showed a pick and pop 3, fall away mid range, and a shake and hook shot, which are skills that only Deandre possessed last year. Hence, "He already looks stronger and more skilled on the offensive end". You are more than welcome to disagree with my opinion.

You just tried to correct me and proved my point. How many videos have we seen on here of a kid popping out to shoot a three in an AAU tournament, and then when he gets to college he looks like he can barely tie his shoes? In DeAndre's high school videos he's crossing guys over through the legs and behind the back in the open court and then driving on five guys, stuff he didn't even really attempt until he was a senior in college. Guys look better and more skilled against high school kids than they do when they're freshmen in college - especially big men.

It's not rocket science. Get as hyped up as you want, but people that draw too many conclusions from these highlight videos tend to be the same people that turn on a kid when his first game under the lights at Gampel doesn't look like a Ballislife video.

Reaction Score
http://hoopsintel.sportswar.com/2014/08/28/steven-enoch-nearing-a-college-decision/

After taking visits to the likes of Virginia, VCU, and several others over the past several weeks, Enoch has set up his first two official visits. First, the St. Thomas More transfer will visit Rhode Island on September 5. He will then follow it up with an official visit to UConn. A commitment could be in line shortly after and it may be difficult for the skilled and versatile senior to leave the state before things are said and done with.

Reaction Score
He will then follow it up with an official visit to UConn. A commitment could be in line shortly after and it may be difficult for the skilled and versatile senior to leave the state before things are said and done with.

Music to my ears, and all the buzz I've heard and read recently.

Reaction Score
I have learned nothing is guaranteed.

All I can do is hope. And also admire and appreciate everyone's confidence.

Reaction Score
will visit Rhode Island
This is excellent news. The fact that he's using one of his OVs for Rhode frickin Island means he's strongly considering staying close to home. And if that's the case, you have to like UConn's chances (not that none of us already did)

Reaction Score
http://hoopsintel.sportswar.com/2014/08/28/steven-enoch-nearing-a-college-decision/

After taking visits to the likes of Virginia, VCU, and several others over the past several weeks, Enoch has set up his first two official visits. First, the St. Thomas More transfer will visit Rhode Island on September 5. He will then follow it up with an official visit to UConn. A commitment could be in line shortly after and it may be difficult for the skilled and versatile senior to leave the state before things are said and done with.

Respect to this guy Corey Evans. He was the first person to notice Enoch and acknowledge (publicly) that the kid was going to blow up very soon.

Reaction Score
The tea leaves rarely lie in recruiting. Not sure the last time the tea leaves were as pro-Uconn as in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom