Starting line up? 10 man line up | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Starting line up? 10 man line up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
so..did we play with two centers or was Brimah playing power forward? Bottom line, they played beside each other. And it wasn't Giff, DD and NOLAN as you said. And as I was saying, AB and PN can play short minutes together and your starter is not necessarily your main person at a position.

dude, can you please point out these FF games you watched where we didn't start Giffey, DD, and Nolan(or any other game from the opening of the AACT on)? at what point did Nolan and Brimah play together against UF and UK? I'm not saying the two of them can't work together, but I'm at a loss trying to figure out what games you were watching in the tourney. The only times I can recall Nolan and Brimah logging extended stretches playing alongside each other were during blowouts and possibly when DD missed a couple of games with the ankle injury. Again, I think the main hangup here is you heard Nolan introduced as a "forward" during the televised starting lineup intros, and you're somehow thinking thats different than what happened in every other game he started. He's introduced that way because that's what he's listed as, it doesn't change the fact that he defended opposing C's.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yep. You're right. I checked and I was thrown by PN being announced as a forward. That wasn't my point though.

But my point remains that many times coaches start an upper classman who gets fewer minutes than the guy behind him, And that things change over a season like Omar started the beginning of the season and both Kromah and Giffey were logging more minutes and NG was starting So picking the starting 5 will be different in November vs March. Omar may start again this fall and eventually be replaced by DH. I think PN will start as center but AB has a good chance to end up starting at center. P Forward is the most wide open spot. Only the 1 and 2 seem to be pretty written in stone with RB and RP.

My Starting 5 for the fall: Boatright, Purvis, Nolan, Calhoun and Facey
My starting 5 for March: Boat, Purvis, Brimah, Hamilton & Facey

Top ten is easy because we only have 10 players: everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members