Spence vs. Crawford | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Spence vs. Crawford

Reaction Score
Man…That P4P top spot is a tough call. Either way, Inoue and TBud are by far the too 2 IMO. Amazing work from Crawford. I genuinely don’t know if I underestimated him or overestimated Spence. Wow.
No, its not tough at all. Inoue just beat a top 15ish p4p fighter which was impressive and worthy of the praise hes getting but Crawford just utterly destroyed a top 5 p4p who many argued could be #1. Crawford is CLEARLY the #1 and Inoue the clear #2.

Reaction Score
No, its not tough at all. Inoue just beat a top 15ish p4p fighter which was impressive and worthy of the praise hes getting but Crawford just utterly destroyed a top 5 p4p who many argued could be #1. Crawford is CLEARLY the #1 and Inoue the clear #2.
It’s a P4P ranking. Inoue is a champ in 4 weight classes, that’s kinda the basis of P4P. And you mention how TBud utterly destroyed Spence, which is an on point description, but you say Inoue “beat” Fulton. Inoue utterly destroyed Fulton as well. The fights were very similar. Domination from the start and a finish. I think it’s 1a 1b, fine if you don’t.

Reaction Score
They both had a rematch clause, but i won't pay for that a 2nd time. Question is who is next for bud? Keith Thurman? Jaron Ennis? Can he go up to 154 or is 147 his top weight? He is 35. I'm glad to see him get his due. The PBC guys all said he was too small for 147. Last night was an all time performance.
Keith isnt going anywhere near Bud and Ennis would get smoked. Super talented just not enough experience. He`ll have his time to rule the division after Bud is gone which is likely to be soon. I think the easy answer wouldve been move up to fight Jermell for undisputed but hes fighting Canelo and after he gets beat up and likely KOd by Canelo he may not want to come back down in weight to get bludgeoned by Bud so he may hold off on that fight till 2025 if at all. Im honestly not sure where he goes but he holds all the cards at WW if he wants to stay there for another year which may be his best bet. As far as rematch i think Spence will come to his senses and move on.

Reaction Score
Hate to say it, but Bud is in a weird spot where it’s between dominating lesser competition & preserving his record or risking it to unnecessary risk and goin up in weight

Reaction Score
It’s a P4P ranking. Inoue is a champ in 4 weight classes, that’s kinda the basis of P4P. And you mention how TBud utterly destroyed Spence, which is an on point description, but you say Inoue “beat” Fulton. Inoue utterly destroyed Fulton as well. The fights were very similar. Domination from the start and a finish. I think it’s 1a 1b, fine if you don’t.
Yes he destroyed Fulton but not to the level that Spence got beat down and Fulton is not on the level of Spence as far as P4P. That was my point. Its like a college basketball team already ranked #1 beating the #4 team by 30 and the #2 team beats the #15 team by 25. Both great but the #1 would hold their spot. I get youre not a Crawford fan but he is the clear man right now.

Reaction Score
Hate to say it, but Bud is in a weird spot where it’s between dominating lesser competition & preserving his record or risking it to unnecessary risk and goin up in weight
Buds a real fighter. Hes about legacy and wants to be among the greats and to be there you have to risk and dare to be great something that Floyd never did.

Reaction Score
Yes he destroyed Fulton but not to the level that Spence got beat down and Fulton is not on the level of Spence as far as P4P. That was my point. Its like a college basketball team already ranked #1 beating the #4 team by 30 and the #2 team beats the #15 team by 25. Both great but the #1 would hold their spot. I get youre not a Crawford fan but he is the clear man right now.
It was like, almost precisely the same type of beatdown. Both Spence and Fulton won 1 round. I get the quality of opponent thing, but Inoue moved way up to fight him. TBud is at home at welterweight for over 5 years. Weight class changes tend make things more impressive.

Reaction Score
He got paid for this fight, but he was being underpaid for years. This was the source of his beef with Bob Arum. He saw what the PBC guys were getting and couldn't understand why his promoter couldn't get him similar numbers. At 35 I'm sure he wants to maximize his earning window. If there are no other money fights out there, and Spence wants to really run it back, i don't know how he says no to the money.

Reaction Score
It was like, almost precisely the same type of beatdown. Both Spence and Fulton won 1 round. I get the quality of opponent thing, but Inoue moved way up to fight him. TBud is at home at welterweight for over 5 years. Weight class changes tend make things more impressive.
Bud is undisputed in two weight classes. First man to do it in 35 years in the multi belt era. The list of fighters that couldnt do it including the great Mayweather make that accomplishment special. More special than beating a guy a weight class up.

Reaction Score
Bud is undisputed in two weight classes. First man to do it in 35 years in the multi belt era. The list of fighters that couldnt do it including the great Mayweather make that accomplishment special. More special than beating a guy a weight class up.
I’m not diminishing Bud, you’re diminishing Inoue.

Reaction Score
Both are great, but Fulton wasn't on any P4P lists. Spence was, and Bud surgically took him apart.
The really light weight class fighters are rarely represented on P4P lists, that’s why Inoue is so impressive.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score

Since the car accident Spence has not been to same, IMO. I said before the fight he sounds punch drunk in interviews and his diction seems slower than it has ever been. I thought Bud would edge out a close victory, never did I expect the best down and masterclass he showed.

Bo Mac mentioned leading up to the fight that they saw something in Spence that they would exploit, obviously they did not saw what, it my guess would be that Spence leaves his hands a little low when throwing punches. Crawford jumped all over that and exploded it with precision on short rights and lefts. Crawford wasted no energy at all, ever punch was with intent and precise. I think the Compubox had him landing at a 50% clip, which is unheard of especially against a top tier boxer like Spence.

I hope Spence does not take the rematch, it will be no different. He has been wanting to move up to 154 and maybe it is that time. Let's see how badly Charlo gets dispatched by Canelo and that Charlo/Spence could be a fight worth making. After this last performance though, I am not sure Spence should try to jump in with even the likes of Tim Tszyu. He should take his time and think about his next move with his long future, not boxing future, in mind.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Since the car accident Spence has not been to same, IMO. I said before the fight he sounds punch drunk in interviews and his diction seems slower than it has ever been. I thought Bud would edge out a close victory, never did I expect the best down and masterclass he showed.

Bo Mac mentioned leading up to the fight that they saw something in Spence that they would exploit, obviously they did not saw what, it my guess would be that Spence leaves his hands a little low when throwing punches. Crawford jumped all over that and exploded it with precision on short rights and lefts. Crawford wasted no energy at all, ever punch was with intent and precise. I think the Compubox had him landing at a 50% clip, which is unheard of especially against a top tier boxer like Spence.

I hope Spence does not take the rematch, it will be no different. He has been wanting to move up to 154 and maybe it is that time. Let's see how badly Charlo gets dispatched by Canelo and that Charlo/Spence could be a fight worth making. After this last performance though, I am not sure Spence should try to jump in with even the likes of Tim Tszyu. He should take his time and think about his next move with his long future, not boxing future, in mind.
Bud mentioned a change in jab they they spent a lot of time on leading up to the fight. He mentioned it was purposely "harder"...I think after he established the jab, it went south pretty quickly for Spence. Also, Bud didn't wait around to "figure" Spence out. He probably felt the strength difference in the second and started pushing forward earlier than normal.

Bud will go for the next level of greatness at 154. Unfortunately with all the people qualifying Spence's lackluster performance on the cut, he'll probably need to put him down there eventually as well.

Side note: This side of things gets over looked...but outside of the ring I am a big fan of the integrity of both fighters. Bud is an easy champion to root for, and he's doing a lot for the community and is truly a great role model.

Reaction Score

I really have my doubts about Spence post accident.

Thoughts?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom