Spence vs. Crawford | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Spence vs. Crawford

Reaction Score
"wasn’t really showing much against Porter"
"against a well over the hill Shawn Porter."

Ill just say i dont agree with your assessment.
That’s fine, i’m cool with differences of opinion. But the scorecards up until the finish don’t lie.

Reaction Score
That’s fine, i’m cool with differences of opinion. But the scorecards up until the finish don’t lie.
Of course. Scorecards in boxing never lie. lol! I just disagree with your assesments of Porter being "well over the hill". He was still a solid fighter that gives any of the top guys in the division a good fight and is a danger to win. He also had a closer fight with Spence. Either way none of that matters because we`ll know who the better fighter is and im sure its Crawford. Punching power, speed and skills all go to Crawford. Spence is a strong boxer puncher whos the bigger man and fought the better level of opposition. Itll be good.

Reaction Score
Of course. Scorecards in boxing never lie. lol! I just disagree with your assesments of Porter being "well over the hill". He was still a solid fighter that gives any of the top guys in the division a good fight and is a danger to win. He also had a closer fight with Spence. Either way none of that matters because we`ll know who the better fighter is and im sure its Crawford. Punching power, speed and skills all go to Crawford. Spence is a strong boxer puncher whos the bigger man and fought the better level of opposition. Itll be good.
Scorecards can lie for sure. But I watched the Tbud Porter fight closely, strongly rooting for Tbud. He was frustrating because he so obviously had a quickness advantage but he was hesitant and left it late. I mean, even his corner was saying he was losing the fight.

Also, Spence fought Porter a full 2 years prior. That’s an eternity in boxing.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
This should be a great fight, and there will be a second and possibly a trilogy. I think both have an equal resume. I lean towards Bud, Errol seems to be slipping a little and sounds punch drunk in many of his interviews in the past couple years to me. Not sure if it's just his southern drawl or something more.

Looks like Boots Ennis will have to wait a couple of years for his shot.

Reaction Score
Spence is a lefty. That usually works to his advantage. Crawford is ambidextrous when it comes to fighting. High boxing IQ. Gotta go with Bud.

Reaction Score
this fight will be a war.. I'm picking Spence... but Crawford is dangerous too, he can connect and end the fight early...

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Im going with Crawford, too dynamic. Spence tends to lunge with his punches and that plays right into Crawford who is a master of catching opponents between punches. Also think his lateral movement gives Spences come forward style trouble. Crawford stops Spence late.
I thk Bud stops him in the 9th

Reaction Score
this fight will be a war.. I'm picking Spence... but Crawford is dangerous too, he can connect and end the fight early...
If this is a war Crawford is going to lose. I dont think this will be Hagler/Hearns or anything like that. Itll be strategic at first then someone is going to get caught and that will go out the window and punches will start flying. If its short i like Bud to win in sudden dramatic fashion. If he cant get Spence out then itll be Bud getting worn down by the bigger man and stopped late.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
If this is a war Crawford is going to lose. I dont think this will be Hagler/Hearns or anything like that. Itll be strategic at first then someone is going to get caught and that will go out the window and punches will start flying. If its short i like Bud to win in sudden dramatic fashion. If he cant get Spence out then itll be Bud getting worn down by the bigger man and stopped late.
On the flip side Spence has never been put in a situation where had to become a "dog" so who knows if he has that in him. What he is, is an extremely calm under control by the text book boxer/puncher. Crawford is much more innovative with his punches and has shown when he does get caught his instincts are to let the hands fly, sometimes wildly which could play in to Spence if he stays collected.

I think once Crawford switches to southpaw in the mid rounds it will cause problems for Spence.

Reaction Score
On the flip side Spence has never been put in a situation where had to become a "dog" so who knows if he has that in him. What he is, is an extremely calm under control by the text book boxer/puncher. Crawford is much more innovative with his punches and has shown when he does get caught his instincts are to let the hands fly, sometimes wildly which could play in to Spence if he stays collected.

I think once Crawford switches to southpaw in the mid rounds it will cause problems for Spence.
That's why I'm going Bud. Should be a great fight, let's go!

Reaction Score

This is why I like Spence, Bud has been getting hit more lately and he does get wild and gets caught even more. If that happens against Spence, he gets knocked out. I’ll take Spence by decision only because he’s bigger and very sound. Crawford is the better boxer but Spence is no slouch and he’s younger. He wins BARELY!

Reaction Score
So happy this day has come never got too excited because it was always too good to be true. Errol has been my favorite fighter for a long time now so I’m hella pumped. The way he breaks people down to the body is a sight to behold but Crawford ain’t no pushover. He’s the favorite for the reason but if this was before the Spence accident I think he would be the favorite in the fight. Me and my boys ordered both this PPV and the UFC PPV gonna be a good ass night.

Spence +135 let’s gooo

Reaction Score
This is why I like Spence, Bud has been getting hit more lately and he does get wild and gets caught even more. If that happens against Spence, he gets knocked out. I’ll take Spence by decision only because he’s bigger and very sound. Crawford is the better boxer but Spence is no slouch and he’s younger. He wins BARELY!
Spence was hurt against Ugas, took a lot of shots from Porter and was getting roughed up early against Brook. Guys get hit and hurt. Lartey nearly had Spence out on his feet and hes a light hitter. Its boxing. Guys get hit.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Ill buy this fight tonight.

One thing missing here is animosity. Them being friendly makes me think it will be a tactical fight going the distance and not a war slugfest. Am I wrong?

Reaction Score
Crawford is the better boxer. The sport is weird though... can't predict it.
Agreed…not just better, a very smart boxer as well. Should be a good one, but Crawford never seems to tire before his opponents.

Reaction Score
One thing missing here is animosity. Them being friendly makes me think it will be a tactical fight going the distance and not a war slugfest. Am I wrong?
There has been some trash talk, but there is mutual respect admiration. These are two dudes putting it all on the line while in their athletic primes. We waited forever for Mayweather/Pacquiao. That fight in my opinion lost its luster. I love it when undefeated fighters in their prime come together. They're not always the greatest fights like Delahoya/Trinidad kinda disappointed, but the the anticipation/buildup is awesome. Great for the sport.

Reaction Score
Youre wrong. Bud is an absolute killer in the ring. He and Shawn Porter are very good friends but you saw what he did to him. Shawn wasnt in there taking it light on Bud either. Spence has got that dog in him and all that respect and friendship goes out the window when the bell rings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom