South Carolina vs Ohio State [game thread] | Page 7 | The Boneyard

South Carolina vs Ohio State [game thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We'll figure more things out as the season goes on. We juggled a lot of players in and out and I don't think we necessarily need to do that so much or we can do a lot better job of getting the right players in there. I didn't get putting a true freshman first game in college and coming off an injury trying to defend the nation's most prolific scorer for so many minutes. I'd also like to see us set more high screens for our ball handlers in the half court, and show more hussle in cutting and moving with out the basketball on offense. At times the hustle to get open was terrible. I think that is the reason for a lot of these shotty passes. I think we did a pretty good job of breaking down the defense with dribble penetration though at times.

Thanks for a thoughtful analysis of your team. This is why I enjoy the BY so much. Other teams' fans post thoughtful comments and for the most part, we UCONN fans are respectful.

Reaction Score
Great game to watch. I love that these 2 schools have put so much into their WBB programs. Much props. Great fan support/attendance from the Gamecocks. Very excited to be playing both programs this year!

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
The weird thing was even with all the people there it wasn't very loud, even when they were winning. It was definitely and entertaining game but all those turnovers and fouls by both teams were driving me nut completely killed the flow at times. I predicted that this could've been a loss for SCar before the season started. Heck it was tied with 2 minutes left and had Cooper stopped trying to score and allowed the real scorers to do work it could've gone the other way. I'm sure Dawn wanted a more prominent win but getting the win none the less was important.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
The weird thing was even with all the people there it wasn't very loud, even when they were winning. It was definitely and entertaining game but all those turnovers and fouls by both teams were driving me nut completely killed the flow at times. I predicted that this could've been a loss for SCar before the season started. Heck it was tied with 2 minutes left and had Cooper stopped trying to score and allowed the real scorers to do work it could've gone the other way. I'm sure Dawn wanted a more prominent win but getting the win none the less was important.

WBB crowds tend to be older; I get frustrated to no end with people poking me in the back and telling me to sit down. It got loud at times, but it wasn't sustained like I'd like it to be.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
WBB crowds tend to be older; I get frustrated to no end with people poking me in the back and telling me to sit down. It got loud at times, but it wasn't sustained like I'd like it to be.
I could see how that could be frustrating. I still think its a shame this wasn't televised. All the work they did to grow the fan base and to have a top 10 game right out of the gate SECN missed an opportunity here to truly show some support for the women's game.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I could see how that could be frustrating. I still think its a shame this wasn't televised. All the work they did to grow the fan base and to have a top 10 game right out of the gate SECN missed an opportunity here to truly show some support for the women's game.

I'm able to get much crazier at MBB games; it's a much younger and more male dominated crowd. I'm sure the demographic differences are similar for you guys, too. If I'm as sedate at 70 as some of the fans that sit around me, I hope someone puts me out to pasture.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I'm able to get much crazier at MBB games; it's a much younger and more male dominated crowd. I'm sure the demographic differences are similar for you guys, too. If I'm as sedate at 70 as some of the fans that sit around me, I hope someone puts me out to pasture.
LOL Do season ticket holders all sit together or do you get to pick seats?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
LOL Do season ticket holders all sit together or do you get to pick seats?

There are 12 lower level sections that are reserved season ticket seats (I've had my seat for years), then 3 lower level sections for students, 3 LL sections for general admission and then the 28 upper level sections are GA for WBB. I could choose different seats for my season tickets, but I'd hate to give up the 4th row behind the opposing head coach. It's fun watching the different coaching methods up close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom