South Carolina vs Ohio State [game thread] | The Boneyard

South Carolina vs Ohio State [game thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Should be a great game. Game is being played in Columbia South Carolina and for that reason, I think South Carolina pulls away for the win.

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
Should be a great game. Game is being played in Columbia South Carolina and for that reason, I think South Carolina pulls away for the win.

Gutzy coach on Ohio St he' taking on the Big Boys early. I'll watch this game it should be interesting.

Reaction Score
I predict 74-53 South Carolina, and then 76-50 UConn on Monday evening. Sorry Buckeyes you will start your season 0-2 - this ain't football!

Reaction Score
I think both games are going to be high scoring (at least for SC and UConn). Ohio State doesn't play too much defense. Their opponents scored an average of 71.8 Points per game last year so I can't see them keeping the two best teams in the country under 85. Predictions: South Carolina 88 Ohio State 70, UConn 93 Ohio State 68.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Gutzy coach on Ohio St he' taking on the Big Boys early. I'll watch this game it should be interesting.
I believe UCLA did the same last year and while they have a talented team they are not as good as Ohio State.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
You're predicting SC and UConn to be in mid-season form? I would be surprised. I expect two sloppy , almost unwatchable games. At least, that's been the pattern for early season games in the past.

Reaction Score
OSU wins a close one 69-65. Mitchell and Alston will give SC fits and OSU will run on SC all night.

Reaction Score
You're predicting SC and UConn to be in mid-season form? I would be surprised. I expect two sloppy , almost unwatchable games. At least, that's been the pattern for early season games in the past.

If you look at last year, UConn scored 80 points in 11 of its first 12 games of the season (76 vs Notre Dame is the only game they did not.) Ohio St started the season giving up at least 70 points in 7 of their first 8 (67 to Georgia is the only game they did not). They also gave up 97 to the same St. Francis team that UConn played in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
Agree, wouldn't mind if we are wrong though.
But OSU is over-ranked as far as I can see.

HGN

Reaction Score
I hope the UConn coaching staff will be watching and scouting this game since the Huskies have to play both. I give the Gamecocks a slight edge since its being played on their home court and they may have more weapons. But the Roosters cannot afford to let Kelsey Mitchell get loose and start bombing from all over the court. Or this could get very interesting late in the 4th quarter.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I expect some raggedness, but "unwatchable" is too strong a term, at least for UConn.

I expect SC to hammer the ball inside. I think the OSU backcourt may be hard to defend. Maybe Tiffany Mitchell will make the difference. As always, foul trouble may be a factor.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Men's team is on SNY at 7:30, preview starts at 6:30 with the pregame show at 7:00.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I expect some raggedness, but "unwatchable" is too strong a term, at least for UConn.

I expect SC to hammer the ball inside. I think the OSU backcourt may be hard to defend. Maybe Tiffany Mitchell will make the difference. As always, foul trouble may be a factor.
Would you describe last year's UConn-Stanford game as well played? Watchable? Well, yes, it was exciting, overtime. But, not the best that UConn played. Later in the season, that might have been a completely different game. Although, I remember a final four game against Stanford that was close to unwatchable. Anyway, I WILL be watching, hope for a good game. Both games should prove interesting.

Reaction Score
I believe UCLA did the same last year and while they have a talented team they are not as good as Ohio State.
Last year UCLA's coach was either Gutzy or insane. But to her credit they learned to play the hard way --living out of motels. They were a good team and fast, I hope that hard work last year has paid off for them. I think Ohio St's schedule this year is not a mirror image of UCLA and less hectic. Taking on USC and Uconn within a week--that is confidence in your team and just plain gutsy!! I wish him well (except against Uconn).

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I'm picking South Carolina but I think Ohio State will make it interesting. It felt like South Carolina rarely pulled away from good teams last year. Will be interesting to see how they use Wilson and how well she plays. If she's on her game, Ohio State probably doesn't have an answer for her.

Reaction Score
Would you describe last year's UConn-Stanford game as well played? Watchable? Well, yes, it was exciting, overtime. But, not the best that UConn played. Later in the season, that might have been a completely different game. Although, I remember a final four game against Stanford that was close to unwatchable. Anyway, I WILL be watching, hope for a good game. Both games should prove interesting.
Was the UConn-Stanford game last year Watchable and maybe a great game?? You should ask that of Stanford fans. Obviously, it was watchable because nearly 1000000 people watched it and many were Uconn fans who stayed to games end. Sad game yes.

Reaction Score
I hope the UConn coaching staff will be watching and scouting this game since the Huskies have to play both. I give the Gamecocks a slight edge since its being played on their home court and they may have more weapons. But the Roosters cannot afford to let Kelsey Mitchell get loose and start bombing from all over the court. Or this could get very interesting late in the 4th quarter.
Of all the funny laughable positing, I enjoyed this one a lot. "I hope the Uconn coaching staff will be watching and scouting? That is funny!
I suspect they'll all be in Geno's bar drinking Margarita's and eating pasta and talking about the stock market. WBB is the least of their interests. Funny!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I didn't see the game, but I believe it was "watchable" other than UConn played little defense and lost. The 2010 title game against the Cardinal was rather unwatchable in the first half. We also had some unwatchable games against Rutgers about 6-8 years ago. Generally, for me, "unwatchable" means lots of turnovers and shooting at 30% or below.

I agree there will be some raggedness, but I expect our experienced starters to shine, even this early in the season.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The title of this thread is not accurate. The SC v OSU game will not be shown on the SEC Network and will not be streamed on ESPN3. The game will be shown on the SEC Network + which is the SEC Network's streaming service.

Reaction Score
Ohio State 73 South Carolina 69. I expect Holland(former blue devil), K. Mitchell, Alston to outperform T. Mitchell and Cuevas. Bold prediction: K.Mitchell is the best player on the court. I expect more pg plays out of her.

Reaction Score
The title of this thread is not accurate. The SC v OSU game will not be shown on the SEC Network and will not be streamed on ESPN3. The game will be shown on the SEC Network + which is the SEC Network's streaming service.

I have Apple TV which carries WatchESPN/ESPN3. All the SEC games are locked out including Ohio St/SC tonight. But many other games are available including Wright St./Miami which I am watching right now. Miami up by 8 at end of 3rd.. :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
OSU wins a close one 69-65. Mitchell and Alston will give SC fits and OSU will run on SC all night.

I don't think you understand SEC refereeing. ;) Still, it is a fascinating early season match up and I'll be clued to my crappy streaming video!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom