South Carolina vs Ohio State [game thread] | Page 5 | The Boneyard

South Carolina vs Ohio State [game thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Every time it looks like USC is going to put them away OSU comes back. Great game! 80-78 USC 2:00

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I've been impressed with Ohio State. I hope they play well when they play us.

Reaction Score
USC wins by 2 huge points---OSU Mitchell had 34 points. Dawn subbed early and often. Fouls and T.O. lost the game for OSU.
They will be much tougher at home on monday. Hmmmm????
OSU ahead at half time by 5. Only got the game on GameTracker--no streams for me.

Reaction Score
OSU can be dangerous when they're really strokin' their shots, but they still retain weaknesses that will probably prevent them from going all the way this year, IMO. I think they can be "gameplanned" by many of the more disciplined opponents out there. But we will see for sure quite soon; that's why they play the games. :)

Reaction Score
USC wins by 2 huge points---OSU Mitchell had 34 points. Dawn subbed early and often. Fouls and T.O. lost the game for OSU.
They will be much tougher at home on monday. Hmmmm????
OSU ahead at half time by 5. Only got the game on GameTracker--no streams for me.
Haha - gametracker at least 33.3 sec ahead of stream - game not over yet for the rest of us

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Cooper finished 2-17 with 8 TO's and fouled out. Did have 15 boards though.

If she stopped trying to shoot over Coates they might have won lol. Her trying to shoot over Coates all night was like Coates trying to shoot over Stewie... it just doesn't work. Is Kelsey Mitchell a First team AA.... if not.... she needs to be.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If she stopped trying to shoot over Coates they might have won lol. Her trying to shoot over Coates all night was like Coates trying to shoot over Stewie... it just doesn't work. Is Kelsey Mitchell a First team AA.... if not.... she needs to be.

Which UCONN player is she replacing? :p

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Not to be the curmudgeon in the room, but I am not impressed with either team. Bad shot selection, turnovers, and worse.

I agree with you. Their bigs are slow, most of the players seem to be very tired in the fourth quarter, and OSU seems to have no order to their offense. If UCONN does not beat OSU Monday, I'll know they have a lot on which to improve, imo; and UCONN may not win. But they will adjust just as they did after last year's loss to Stanford.

Reaction Score
I agree with you. Their bigs are slow, most of the players seem to be very tired in the fourth quarter, and OSU seems to have no order to their offense. If UCONN does not beat OSU Monday, I'll know they have a lot on which to improve, imo; and UCONN may not win. But they will adjust just as they did after last year's loss to Stanford.
UCONN will win by 20. If necessary they will adjust DURING the game. These are 4 returning starters from a dominant NC team.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
All I know is Kelsey Mitchell is LEGIT! Also, for a team I feel plays no defense that got a heck of a lot of blocks... what's up with that? I don't expect it to be an issue vs UConn because we are constantly moving while SCar doesn't mind standing around they are much more comfortable in a half court set but geeze.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It's possible to block a lot of shots and not be a good defensive team. Defense is based on whether a player can keep the player she is guarding in front of her and keep her from scoring or doing whatever it is she is attempting to do. Blocking shots is a part of defense.

Reaction Score
Interesting game...pretty impressive offensive performance by both teams. Alas, there exists another dimension to the game...a dimension to which OSU will br treated shortly. They will NOT ring up 80 vs the Huskies, nor will SC manage 88 against them. The separation between the #1 tier and the next one remains intact!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom